HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michigan vr Michigan state on now

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2004, 07:32 PM
in the hall

vCash: 500
Michigan vr Michigan state on now

ch 457 (CSTV) just starting now

Al Montoya, talked about him pregame, good stuff
Corey Potter, big cheer when introduced to starting line up

packed house, Mike Emerick calling the game

tune in

Old
11-18-2004, 10:59 PM
ctrain

i watch the game and montoya i though played pretty well. He saved many tough shots and also the easy ones. ALso i like his glove hand. I snapshot was shot and grabbed the puck out of the air, like he could do it blindfolded. Potter i saw some of him. The talked about how good he is and strong too. They also said he is rugged and mean. The rnagers need mean defencemen that is more defense than offsive and will TAKE THE BODY. I ALSO forgot he blockek and shot, hit him in the arm only out a shift or two and played through the pain

Old
11-18-2004, 11:34 PM
Kubera55

I watched most of the game too... I thought Montoya was terrific. Neither goal against was soft... the first was with Michigan State on the PP. A shot came in, Montoya made the save thru traffic, a scrum ensued in front of the crease, Montoya made another save, but then someone managed to chip it past him with him down. He wasn't perfect (he put a rebound into the crease) but he didn't pretty darn good. And the 2nd goal against he had zero chance against as his defense abandoned him after they went up by 3 goals late in the third.

Good game... and the first of his I've seen since I saw the WJC on TV last year....

Old
11-19-2004, 12:09 AM
in the hall

I saw some of the first period, recorded the rest, they were raving about Potter

Montoya got his hype and impressed, his style reminds me of Brodeur and he looks like a bigger Belfour in net

Old
11-19-2004, 05:32 AM
Fish

He reminds me more of DiPietro than Brodeur in terms of style...he looked a lot better last night than he did in his first TV appearance this year, but I've still seen him play better.

I thought Potter had a great game on defense for MSU

Old
11-19-2004, 09:44 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Going to the Checkers game tonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
He reminds me more of DiPietro than Brodeur in terms of style...he looked a lot better last night than he did in his first TV appearance this year, but I've still seen him play better.

I thought Potter had a great game on defense for MSU
and I'll drop you a line on the game. Disappointed that I wouldn't be seeing Taylor & Liffiton in person, but will see how Helminen & Big Lee look.

Old
11-19-2004, 10:27 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
and I'll drop you a line on the game. Disappointed that I wouldn't be seeing Taylor & Liffiton in person, but will see how Helminen & Big Lee look.
Please tell me how Rawlyk look as well.

Old
11-19-2004, 11:33 AM
Levitate

i've heard that helminen looks real good but has had a little bit of bad luck finding the net so far...comiing back from injury and all though i wouldn't be too worried, sounds like he just needs to get his touch back

Closed Thread