HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

players we've let go

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2004, 11:56 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
players we've let go

i was wodnering, does anybody have an idea on how these players are doing?

rome - should we have let him go? its goign to suck if he does well for the ducks and kills us in the end

anshakov - his stats don't speak that much, but has anybody seen the way he's played? was it worth letting him go?

rosa - i kinda liked him. waht is the status on his rights and is there anyway we can resign him? more importantly, has he changed his style so that kings woulld play him?

kuznetzov - haha, this guy is awesome

Old
11-17-2004, 12:15 PM
Matt13

I think letting Rome go will come back to hurt us. He was playing as a #1 or 2 D man during the Rookie Tourney. In fact, I think Rome out played Grebs at the tourney.

Old
11-17-2004, 12:44 PM
Fat Elvis

Rome in 13 games has 2 assists a -1 and 45 pim. His +/- is not bad compared to his teammates and it looks as though he is mixing it up a bit. Who would you rather have, Rome or Gleason, there may have been room to sign only one of these guys .

Old
11-17-2004, 12:48 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
I think the decision to let me go was more driven to having Petiot in the system. I would take Petiot hands down over Rome.

But to answer your question, I would rather have Gleason than Rome.

Not signing Rome was mostly a financial move. He wanted first round money and the Kings didn't want to throw their salary structure out of whack.

Old
11-17-2004, 01:10 PM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

vCash: 50
Im not shocked Rosa was let go. he wasnt showing any improvement and did not show enough that he could play at the next level. I will take any of the top 6 forwards the Monarchs have now over Rosa.

Old
11-17-2004, 01:48 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

From the looks of things in Manchester, it doesn't appear as though Rosa or Rome (or the big pylon Kuznetsov) are being missed.

Hell to be honest, currently I don't think Rome would even crack the Kings top 4 dmen prospects... I'd rank Gleason, Grebeshkov, Baier and Petiot above him. Then on the pro team, he has no chance with guys like Holland and Weaver most likely getting the nod for the 7th D spot.

Old
11-17-2004, 02:07 PM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Hell to be honest, currently I don't think Rome would even crack the Kings top 4 dmen prospects... I'd rank Gleason, Grebeshkov, Baier and Petiot above him. Then on the pro team, he has no chance with guys like Holland and Weaver most likely getting the nod for the 7th D spot.
Rome lower than Baier? Wow. Baier had a good prospect camp, as did Rome last year. Yet the play of Rome during the rookie tourney showed he is definetly steps ahead of Baier.

You think Weaver would make the Kings top 7 when he only had a 40 game season in the last 3 years with a notoriously defensively bad Thrashers?

Old
11-17-2004, 02:32 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
I think the decision to let me go
Where did you end up signing?

11-17-2004, 02:37 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Ask Thrasher and Chicago Wolves fans what they think of Weaver. There is a reason why a few teams were offering Weaver a contract... and he saw his best chance to crack the NHL being with the Kings.

I think Jack Johnson was the best defenseman during the Kings rookie camp... too bad he isn't Kings property, but Baier proved that he can hang in there and never looked out of place. I don't see what Rome did for some of you to be in awe of him and regret the Kings not signing him.

How many prospects the Kings have let go of that have come back to bite us in the ass? Zultek? No. Papineau? No. Rome will be in the same boat if he even cracks the Ducks lineup.

Old
11-17-2004, 03:04 PM
Matt13

Quote:
Ask Thrasher and Chicago Wolves fans what they think of Weaver. There is a reason why a few teams were offering Weaver a contract... and he saw his best chance to crack the NHL being with the Kings.
Generally speaking, servicable players that play for cheap normally have a few offers on the table.

Quote:
I don't see what Rome did for some of you to be in awe of him and regret the Kings not signing him.
Did you go to the rookie tourney at Disney Ice?

Quote:
How many prospects the Kings have let go of that have come back to bite us in the ass? Zultek? No. Papineau? No. Rome will be in the same boat if he even cracks the Ducks lineup.
I disagree, only time will tell though.

Old
11-17-2004, 03:11 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
Where did you end up signing?
Quiet "Glen"!

Old
11-17-2004, 03:14 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Papineau and Zultek were let go for different reasons that Rome. They were let go for lack of ability, Rome simply wanted too much money. He does have the ability to come abck and bite us in the ass.

Herbie is right, Rome does have ability. I will admit some bias here and Glen(DFA) and I disagreed on this, but he didn't look as good at Disney Ice as he did in the past. I think playing with Petiot made him look better than he is.

Remember the moral of this story, Rome was let go for $$ reasons.

Old
11-17-2004, 03:26 PM
Matt13

Rome and Saunders, both played punishing roles as Ducks Dmen. I like there style. I expect Rome will turn out to have o-side of Corvo and the D side of Miller, which will make a loss in time.

Old
11-17-2004, 04:04 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Papineau and Zultek were let go for different reasons that Rome. They were let go for lack of ability, Rome simply wanted too much money. He does have the ability to come abck and bite us in the ass.

Herbie is right, Rome does have ability. I will admit some bias here and Glen(DFA) and I disagreed on this, but he didn't look as good at Disney Ice as he did in the past. I think playing with Petiot made him look better than he is.

Remember the moral of this story, Rome was let go for $$ reasons.
From what I remember... Papineau and Zultek wanted big bonuses and top pick money, and of course they didn't develop as the Kings had hoped. Zultek was a big guy who didn't use his size, and Papineau was small in stature but racked up points in the OHL. I would think that if they were reasonable in their demands the Kings would have signed them... but that wasn't so.

Old
11-17-2004, 04:11 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie Verstinks
Rome and Saunders, both played punishing roles as Ducks Dmen. I like there style. I expect Rome will turn out to have o-side of Corvo and the D side of Miller, which will make a loss in time.
Remember the likes of Jason Crain... or Mike Pudlick... or Peter Hogan... or Richard Seeley. All of them had "upside" at one point. If Rome was so special don't you think the Kings would have done everything they could to sign him?
I do think Rome can be a serviceable player, kinda like Joe Rullier in Manchester. But I don't see him being a top 3-4 defenseman any time soon.
Maybe we should get some impressions from Cincinnati Ducks fans on Aaron Rome and find out how he's adjusted to the pro level.

Old
11-17-2004, 04:32 PM
Matt13

Quote:
Maybe we should get some impressions from Cincinnati Ducks fans on Aaron Rome and find out how he's adjusted to the pro level.
That team isnt doing too well. In 13 games, the highest scoring player on the team has 8 points. Rome has 2 assists and is a -1 with 45 PIMS.

Old
11-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Venom_17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
i was wodnering, does anybody have an idea on how these players are doing?

rome - should we have let him go? its goign to suck if he does well for the ducks and kills us in the end

anshakov - his stats don't speak that much, but has anybody seen the way he's played? was it worth letting him go?

rosa - i kinda liked him. waht is the status on his rights and is there anyway we can resign him? more importantly, has he changed his style so that kings woulld play him?

kuznetzov - haha, this guy is awesome
Honestly, I don't care about any of these guys except for Rome. I have a feeling that one may come back to us. You can never have enough good, hard-nosed dmen. Just look at the Flames and Sharks last year. Our defence would be pretty unreal in a couple of years if we had Matty, Lubo, Grebs, Gleason, Rome, and Petiot as our top 6, or something to that effect. I think Matty is in great physical condition and can play well until he's 40.

We don't need Anshakov because we have enough forward prospects that are similar to him, or are better and more well rounded with better potential(Pushkarev, Tambellini, etc.). I think our forward prospects are pretty stacked. It's the dmen and goalies that we need. That's why sometimes I wonder about Rome. He had a couple years of development on Baier that we now need to wait again. It also sucks that Rome signed within our division. I would have rather seen us sign him and maybe trade him off down the road then let him go for nothing.

If Straka has a good year for us next time up, I'll say good riddance to Anshakov.

Old
11-18-2004, 04:22 AM
Homunculous

I'll miss Rome and Ashakov, but oh well, you win gain players and you lose players, Ashakov will probably get no higher than Belanger does. Rome on the other hand I could see him becoming a 2nd or 3rd Dman on the Ducks in a few years, but I dont think he would be in the top 2 pairings with us, sure I would have rather traded him, but we arnt exactly clammoring for more prospects, we already have a pretty decent group as it is.

Closed Thread