HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Shane Doan Suspended 3 Games For Elbow To Jamie Benn

Old
03-21-2012, 01:45 AM
Coyotes89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Benn completely embellished that BADLY!!
If Doan is suspended its only fair Benn is suspended for embellishing

Coyotes89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:47 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotes89 View Post
Okay, now you are getting a little crazy in the opposite direction. Looks to me like Doan attempted and succeeded in illegally elbowing Benn in his stupid face. You get suspended for that.

03-21-2012, 01:48 AM
Coyotes89

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Okay, now you are getting a little crazy in the opposite direction. Looks to me like Doan attempted and succeeded in illegally elbowing Benn in his stupid face. You get suspended for that.

Haha I guess so though Benn is a loser

Coyotes89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:32 AM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotes89 View Post
Dallas should suspend Benn for being an embarrassment to the organization by crying like a child while sitting on their bench.

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:01 AM
Redcoyote
Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceva Sct View Post
Dallas should suspend Benn for being an embarrassment to the organization by crying like a child while sitting on their bench.
Haha agreed. i bet if the stars make the playoffs teams will think they can shake him up with a little rough play

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

Doan will face a disipline hearing this afternoon.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=623359

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:17 AM
knowsthegame

The Doan incident may not have happened if Bissonette had done his job and fought Ott when he had the chance.
Doan was clearly frustrated and his foul on Benn happened in the heat of the moment.
Unfortunately it was a deliberate elbow that did contact Benn's head, so 3 to 5 games is probably what we can expect due to Doan being a repeat offender.

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:21 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
The Doan incident may not have happened if Bissonette had done his job and fought Ott when he had the chance.
Doan was clearly frustrated and his foul on Benn happened in the heat of the moment.
Unfortunately it was a deliberate elbow that did contact Benn's head, so 3 to 5 games is probably what we can expect due to Doan being a repeat offender.
Ott wouldn't fight. he refused the invitation.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:27 AM
knowsthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Ott punched Biz in the face and started skating away after Biz grabbed him and Biz did nothing after that.

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:28 AM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Biz should've just caved his face in anyway. Who cares if he gets suspended, he's useless anyway.

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:29 AM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceva Sct View Post
Watching it again in slow mo, around the 12-14 second mark, Benn's head doesn't so much as move until Doan is well beyond him (you can see two Dallas players in the background between Doan and Benn). From the more over head view you can see Doan's elbow move a bit as he passes Benn so he did clip something but considering Benn's head never moved it had to be the shoulder or chest. I have to watch this a few more times real closely though i think you may be right.

No horse in this race fellas, long time Ranger fan and bigtime hockey fan in general and matter of fact and big fan of Doaner for years as besides a poolie owner of his, I simply love his gritty yet skilled style of play. Sure he's crossed the line a few times and he's certainly no "angel" but any knowledgable hockey observer would not consider him a dirty player at all. That said, let's be honest here guys, Doan elbows Benn right on the chin and its as blatant as blatant can be. Even if I were a Yotes fan with Yote colored glasses on, there is no defending Doan on this one as it's clearly obvious.

There is no "JFK Conspiracy" or "Zapruder film" stuff or theories that can be claimed otherwise here...so stop that kind of talk as its plain nonsense. I don't see the Benn embellishment that is mentioned either. Guy was cold coccked and he reacted like any of us would react if we were elbowed in the face not knowing it was coming. That's my unbiased opinion and can't see anything less than 3 games for Doaner which kind of sux seeing your Yotes absolutaly need him down the stretch.

Anyways, good luck to you guys down the stretch...cheers

Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:48 AM
thebigbea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
No horse in this race fellas, long time Ranger fan and bigtime hockey fan in general and matter of fact and big fan of Doaner for years as besides a poolie owner of his, I simply love his gritty yet skilled style of play. Sure he's crossed the line a few times and he's certainly no "angel" but any knowledgable hockey observer would not consider him a dirty player at all. That said, let's be honest here guys, Doan elbows Benn right on the chin and its as blatant as blatant can be. Even if I were a Yotes fan with Yote colored glasses on, there is no defending Doan on this one as it's clearly obvious.

There is no "JFK Conspiracy" or "Zapruder film" stuff or theories that can be claimed otherwise here...so stop that kind of talk as its plain nonsense. I don't see the Benn embellishment that is mentioned either. Guy was cold coccked and he reacted like any of us would react if we were elbowed in the face not knowing it was coming. That's my unbiased opinion and can't see anything less than 3 games for Doaner which kind of sux seeing your Yotes absolutaly need him down the stretch.

Agree totally. I like Doan as well but he cross the line for sure. That's a clear elbow to the head as u can get.

thebigbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:26 AM
CitizenCoyote

Just a bummer that he lost his cool. Well, he's picked the franchise up repeatedly, let's hope the rest of the team can pick him up if he gets suspended.

At this point, I'm hoping for 3 games. I fear 5. Either way, it's close to half of our remaining season.

Hopefully, Shanny will come out of the hearing finding it was careless, not dirty. Either way, the prior supplemental discipline is going to screw us.

I'm usually pretty critical of these sorts of hits when other players do them. I think I'll be a bit more forgiving in the future. The reality is that Doan is the exact opposite of a bad guy. Just goes to show that in the heat of battle, anyone can make a dumb play.

CitizenCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:47 AM
tuxonpups

So if Doan has to throw elbows and jump Morrow in retaliation for Ott's late hits, can we agree it's time to release Bissonnette? He won't fight Ott because he didn't accept his invitation? Really? Doan has to be the uninvited guest that crashes the party and makes Dallas cry?

tuxonpups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:48 AM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Thread needs more Jamie Benn crying:

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

If some of you don't think it's a very real possibility that Ott turtles and Biz puts his team in the position of having to kill off a 4 or 5 minute penalty in their biggest game of the year, then you don't know Ott very well.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:53 AM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
If some of you don't think it's a very real possibility that Ott turtles and Biz puts his team in the position of having to kill off a 4 or 5 minute penalty in their biggest game of the year, then you don't know Ott very well.
We ended up short-handed anyway because of Doan's elbow. I'm in the camp that believes this wouldn't have happened if Biz rag doll'd Ott regardless of whether or not he turtled.

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:55 AM
texashockeyguy
Rookie User

Doaner

I have always loved Doaner as a player and wished the Stars had a guy like him. But I have never seen Been embelalish a penalty. I would say the guy misses out at least 2 to 3 penalties a game because of this. It looks to me like he caught him right on the jaw with a glancing blow. If you have ever had that done to you, you know what if feels like. Hurt's like a hell and brings tears to your eyes. Obviously, I am a Stars fan--so I might be a bit biased--but not towards Doan. It looks like he just got caught in between. He wanted to hit Benn, but also get the puck. So he just stuck his elbow out and happend to get him in the head. The Stars fan in me says I hope he gets 5 games because I think you guys are our biggist hurdle to winning the Pacific. But I think this deserves no more than 3.

texashockeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:56 AM
hbk

Doan was sick as well last night. A one game suspension may not make a difference. Hopefully it's just that.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:04 PM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Nothing gives me more satisfaction than seeing Benn taken out on a clean hit like the one Morris delivered. This elbow wasn't in that category, but it still brought me some satisfaction. LOL. Benn has taken liberties on our team ALL the time, and he's a damn good player against us, so if this slows him down a bit...

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post

Or you could actually read what I wrote in my following reply in which I said at bare minimum Doan hit Benn underneath the chin around the throat. In either scenario its a high hit for which Doan should be suspended. So no need to start calling me a liar/homer/conspiracy theorist or any of that as if I'm trying to absolve Doan from anything he did wrong because of my love for this team. God forbid anyone actually take a closer/slower look at a play rather than relying on first reaction emotions. My arguement was only that the contact itself wasn't as bad as people were making it out to be.... the act of Doan getting his elbow that high however is as bad as people are making it out to be. At no point have I argued that Doan shouldn't be suspended.

As far as Benn embellishing it, the throwing his head back is the same type of embellishment every player in the league does when they get clipped up high. The crying on the bench however is pathetic, especially when you consider he didn't miss a shift.

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:34 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
"Jesus, mom, why can't I wear my combat boots to IHOP? What do you mean grammy and gramps don't like it? God, you just don't understand..."

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Magnifique

vCash: 50
Really, no video?

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:44 PM
CitizenCoyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotes Persevere View Post
Really, no video?
post 9

CitizenCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

Its after 5PM on the East Coast.

How much longer till we hear a decision?

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote