HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens @ Buffalo Sabres |7:00pm et|RDS,MSG-Buf|21/03/2012

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2012, 07:34 PM
HeShootsHeScores

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
you know whats sad

looks like the canadiens website people are not caring anymore

i dont see any game previews or anything

It's because they know they'll be a part of the grand mnage too. They are already golfing.

Old
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
you know whats sad

looks like the canadiens website people are not caring anymore

i dont see any game previews or anything
To be fair it's not only the situation, it's also a game in Buffalo.

These are awful when there is something to play for, even someone like me who plans on watching every game I can for the rest of the season plans on missing the third because going to the gym sounds more fun.

Old
peate
Habs fan 4 life.

vCash: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'm thinking the long season got to him, he's probably worn out.

At least I hope that's the case, otherwise he's basically useless.
No. Campoli is useless, Emelin is a fine young defenceman, but like you say, the long schedule might be showing.

Old
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Emelin doesn't even try open ice hits anymore...one of the only joys left in watching the Habs.
If he becomes dis-interested, we may as well get the boat engine tuned up for the long trip accross the water

Old
03-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
No. Campoli is useless, Emelin is a fine young defenceman, but like you say, the long schedule might be showing.
I like Emelin's two way play overall but as of right now without his hitting he's a fringe bottom-pairing defender. But yeah, still better than Kaberle.

Old
03-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
bobthefire:
BREAKING NEWS - j'ai appris de source sre (moi-mme) que le #ch ne soumettra pas d'offre contractuelle engqvist la fin de la saison...

https://twitter.com/bobthefire/statu...25734504882176

No more Engqvist?
Not surprising, I figured this will be the case since they refused to give him a longer look in the NHL despite injuries and his production in the AHL.

Old
03-21-2012, 07:37 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

bobthefire:
BREAKING NEWS - j'ai appris de source sre (moi-mme) que le #ch ne soumettra pas d'offre contractuelle engqvist la fin de la saison...

Translation: Habs won't offer Engqvist (who's an RFA) a contract at the end of the season

Old
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

At this point, i'll say this, I would take Latendresse at the same age over Leblanc. So far from what i've seen Leblanc hasn't brought anything much. Lats looked awkward most of the time but with his entousiasm he would awkwardly put a few goals in the net, he would contribute.

Old
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
And people still think the Cammy deal was a good one. LOL.
Just what would Cammalleri have done for the Habs besides costing money? There's still a chance the second rounder or the prospect will turn out to be the deciding factor. If not, who would want Cammalleri?

Old
03-21-2012, 07:38 PM

Lol'd @ BREAKING NEWS.

Old
ClasslessGuy

I hate it when rds don't put the dam score board and time on top of the screen...

Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
i don't think it was a good one unless holland or the second turn out...that being said i think Cammy is officially injury prone, small, soft and allergic to contact. he didn't fit on this team anymore. we had / have too many of this type of player. also glad his 6/7 million a year is off the books
I'm all for moving Cammy. The return needs to be adequate. This has been the problem with management. Moving players for minimal return.

Cammy was expected to produce and stay healthy on a team full of small players. It's not a shock that he got injured. Gio's dealing with the same thing. Same with Gomez. Not excusing Cam, but how do you build a top 6 full of tiny forwards and not expect them to get hurt or struggle to score. Look at DD. He's getting a lot of room out there....why? He's playing with two huge, physical forwards who crash and bang.

Bad trade..

Old
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
bobthefire:

Translation: Habs won't offer Engqvist (who's an RFA) a contract at the end of the season
Bust

Old
lou4gehrig

Quote:
bobthefire:

Watch him turn into the next St. Louis. haha. Just kidding.

Go tank! Edmonton's young guns seem to be playing better now that RNH is back. I'm still shooting for #2 going into the lottery.

Old
03-21-2012, 07:39 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Wow... the skating is so slow. excepted for Cole and Patch, everybody is playing like zombies. subban gorges and markov are playing but no explosion. Pretty boring game worst than the usual vs the sabres..

Old
03-21-2012, 07:40 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Just what would Cammalleri have done for the Habs besides costing money? There's still a chance the second rounder or the prospect will turn out to be the deciding factor. If not, who would want Cammalleri?
Pierre, is that you?

Old
03-21-2012, 07:40 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
At this point, i'll say this, I would take Latendresse at the same age over Leblanc. So far from what i've seen Leblanc hasn't brought anything much. Lats looked awkward most of the time but with his entousiasm he would awkwardly put a few goals in the net, he would contribute.
I have to agree, Latendresse was a good young PF with a nice scoring touch. Leblanc doesn't bring more to the table right now.

Old
03-21-2012, 07:41 PM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I'm all for moving Cammy. The return needs to be adequate. This has been the problem with management. Moving players for minimal return.

Cammy was expected to produce and stay healthy on a team full of small players. It's not a shock that he got injured. Gio's dealing with the same thing. Same with Gomez. Not excusing Cam, but how do you build a top 6 full of tiny forwards and not expect them to get hurt or struggle to score. Look at DD. He's getting a lot of room out there....why? He's playing with two huge, physical forwards who crash and bang.

Bad trade..
Camm was doing nothing here and has actually done less with Calgary. Now he's hurt. It's easier to trade a big body $3M player than a small body, injury prone $6M player. Plus we got a good draft pick. Not a perfect return, but adequate.

Old
03-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Et le But

Quote:
bobthefire:

I actually liked Engqvist, at least as an AHLer, but he's done basically nothing in the NHL. I'd bring back Noke for the 4th line before Engqvist. Good luck to him though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I'm still not entirely sure Leblanc is going to be more than a good third liner, he doesn't have any real strengths to be a scorer at the NHL level. Still think he's better than this though, shouldn't be in the NHL.

Old
03-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
Christ... Brouque is just awful.
Brouque to nashville, Brouque to nashville, come in nashville , over !!!

Old
03-21-2012, 07:44 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Anybody remembers cammy saying would have a career season. just like the habs saying they'd go to the stanley cup :p

Old
03-21-2012, 07:45 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Camm was doing nothing here and has actually done less with Calgary. Now he's hurt. It's easier to trade a big body $3M player than a small body, injury prone $6M player. Plus we got a good draft pick. Not a perfect return, but adequate.
The timing of the trade was way off. Had he waited until the actual TDL or the draft, Cammy would have garnered a different return, and we would have had that other 1st we sorely crave this year. Terrible trade actually.

Old
03-21-2012, 07:45 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 50
BREAKING NEWS

Campoli sucks

Old
03-21-2012, 07:46 PM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
I have to agree, Latendresse was a good young PF with a nice scoring touch. Leblanc doesn't bring more to the table right now.
You know Lats has played 27 games that last two season combined. Chances are that he's going to be a PF and play physical the rest of career are slim.

Old
03-21-2012, 07:47 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
And the habs could also trade Bourque for another asset or good pick...

But let's wait the new coach. Bourque might have a better season.

Closed Thread