HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

New to coaching

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Sixty Six

vCash: 500
New to coaching

I just took over coaching a varsity roller hockey team, and its halfway through the season, and i just took over, any advice from more experienced coaches?

Old
11-16-2004, 06:04 PM
BCCHL inactive

I am not familiar with roller hockey strategies, so the best advice I can give you, is whatever style you coach, make it fun for the players, whether it's competitive or recreational.

Old
11-16-2004, 06:25 PM
Sixty Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
I am not familiar with roller hockey strategies, so the best advice I can give you, is whatever style you coach, make it fun for the players, whether it's competitive or recreational.
i'm not looking so much for strategic advice, just advice on how to handle things, pretty much what you gave me, thanks van

Old
11-16-2004, 11:15 PM
Pensfan86

Send a message via AIM to Pensfan86
Establish early on that it is their (the players) team, not yours. Let them know that its ok to voice their opinions to you, and tell you what they are seeing out there as far as what is and is not working. They will respect that alot, and will be more comfortable coming up to you and discussing issues, or what they think could or is not working, etc. That way, no one feels left out, or as though they are being cheated. It sounds corny, but it really boosts team moral, and players will work harder and have alot more fun.

Closed Thread