HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Why do you think Colin Wilson is getting scratched?

Old
03-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Legionnaire11

vCash: 500
I didn't get all of the Bourque hype early on, but recently he's been playing too well (and producing) to be removed from the lineup.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 05:28 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
IMO Wilson should be in over Yip regardless...
The 4th line gets interesting. Wilson doesn't doesn't really fit an energy line role. We're probably looking at Bourque, Halischuk, Yip, Spaling, Tootoo, Smith fighting for the 4th line winger slots with AK, SK, Radulov, Erat, Hornqvist, Wilson and maybe Bourque fighting for the top three line spots.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 05:31 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
definitely.. yip would be a scratch and bourque in MIL we have enough depth now with radulov back.. too many scratches
We have slot for Bourque. No need to send him back. He work great with 11 and 27. I don think Rads will workout with them.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
We have slot for Bourque. No need to send him back. He work great with 11 and 27. I don think Rads will workout with them.
Agree, I don't like Radulov and Hornqvist on the same line. Maybe on the PP, but not even strength. I'd rather have Radulov with Erat or SK, but since they're together that won't happen. AK would be the best option if you want all the talent in the top 6. But Bourque would work well also since he's been clicking with Leggy lately.

Tootoo could use a couple of games off IMHO.

Old
03-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

I did not mean Hartnell got 4 th line minutes, but from reading your boards it seems like there were some guys that just did not fit with the Pred style and went on to other teams and had a lot of success.
Wilson was playing consistent and producing until he got moved to play with Spaling and Tootoo. They had success at the start, but then I would argue that between Tootoo's lack of detail, as the coach would say, and limited minutes because of it, that is where the wheels fell off.
Regardless of what happens now, the coach has success doing what he does by making playoffs every year. Ahead to argue with that.
He is a question not related to Wilson, but I am guessing that Legwand, being drafted where he was (high up) , used to be way more of an offensive threat but developed into more of a two way, dump and chase effective player?

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 05:58 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
but I am guessing that Legwand, being drafted where he was (high up) , used to be way more of an offensive threat but developed into more of a two way, dump and chase effective player?
Legwand was a very good playmaker in Juniors. When drafted Trotz asked him to work on his two-way responsibilities and hone his defensive game. Legwand is the rare type that totally bought in from day one. In fact so much so that he was often called out in the first 5-6 years for not producing enough offensively, but his defensive commitment has never been questioned. At this point he is rarely the focus of being called out by coaches (even fans) because he is what he is and he's not going to change.

Guys like Wilson still get the doghouse treatment because there is still room for them to learn and develop from that kind of experience.

Old
03-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Legwand was a very good playmaker in Juniors. When drafted Trotz asked him to work on his two-way responsibilities and hone his defensive game. Legwand is the rare type that totally bought in from day one. In fact so much so that he was often called out in the first 5-6 years for not producing enough offensively, but his defensive commitment has never been questioned. At this point he is rarely the focus of being called out by coaches (even fans) because he is what he is and he's not going to change.

Guys like Wilson still get the doghouse treatment because there is still room for them to learn and develop from that kind of experience.
Great explanation about Legwand!! Thanks. I walkways wondered. Good for him for buying into the system from day one. Not an easy thing to do as an offensive talent, and being young!

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 11:36 PM
klt2001

I like Wilson's creative offensive play but not his defensive play so much. Right now seems like our defense has been lacking anyways so might as well just get some offense going since it seems like other teams are scoring 3 or more goals on us anyways. Hope he is in the lineup soon...lol.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-23-2012 at 12:16 AM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 11:57 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
beginning to wonder just what happens with Wilson going forward if he does not get back in the lineup and start playing well soon.

He seemed to be doing well earlier this year and you wonder if he didn't get overconfident and fall back into some bad habits, and with AK and Rads both added to the lineup suddenly Wilson is superfluous unless he can play well on both ends of the ice..

gotta wonder what it will do to his psyche if he is a permascratch for the playoffs this year for the second year in a row.. and if Rads and both Kostitsyns re-sign this summer, its kinda hard to see where he would fit in going forward...

he will be an RFA this summer and of course this will keep us from having to pay him big bucks but at what point does he become another guy in need of a fresh start elsewhere?

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:35 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Legwand was a very good playmaker in Juniors. \.
So are about 50 junior players a year. Legwand has never displayed exceptional offensive skill in the NHL-- never has, never will. It's not Trotz's fault either.

Wilson has displayed some good offensive skill, and he was prasied by Trotz for it. He still has to hone everything in though.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:37 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I think we need to give him another year before doing anything drastic. We saw glimpses of what he can do and hopefully he will figure it out next season. The 4th year for a young player is typically the breakout year...

Of course if a Rick Nash type offer came to us I wouldn't hesitate to include him.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 02:31 AM
wadesworld

From what I've read, I still don't think Wilson has bought in. He still wants to play "his game" and doesn't understand why the coaches get upset.

He has been pretty good this year, but at some point he has to decide to do everything he's told, not just some of it.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:52 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

the better Borque looks, the longer Wilson will be in the press box....

hard to argue for changing the lineup from what it was tonight...

Old
03-31-2012, 06:04 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
the better Borque looks, the longer Wilson will be in the press box....

hard to argue for changing the lineup from what it was tonight...
No doubt.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Please

Is he still being scratched or is this a lagging injury?

Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:09 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

scratch

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Please

haha yikes took him with my last pick in a pool. I liked his 15 goals.

Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:14 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I did to, but apparently Trotz likes Yip and Tootoos play more than Wlison/Smiths

Old
04-15-2012, 02:17 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I did to, but apparently Trotz likes Yip and Tootoos play more than Wlison/Smiths
wilson is too prone to defensive lapses, and against a team like detroit, those often lead to goals...

in a playoff situation with the addition of radulov and AK there isn't a spot for him anywhere but the 4th line and he doesn't have a 4th line skill set

Old
04-15-2012, 02:22 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
wilson is too prone to defensive lapses, and against a team like detroit, those often lead to goals...

in a playoff situation with the addition of radulov and AK there isn't a spot for him anywhere but the 4th line and he doesn't have a 4th line skill set
Id much rather have Smith than Tootoo/Yip

Old
04-15-2012, 02:34 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

I'd rather him be in the lineup than Yip

but I'm a little biased

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 03:03 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend View Post
I'd rather him be in the lineup than Yip

but I'm a little biased
Wilson is does not fit the 4th line role. Only Yip, Halischuk, Tootoo or maybe Smith if we get bit by injuries are going to fill those slots on the 4th line wing. Acknowledging that basic truth, it becomes a matter of how to fit Wilson into the top nine. SK has issues, but, he still plays a more solid all around game (forecheck, defensively, PK, capable of playing wing and point on the PP). Wilson is simply caught in the shuffle of too many players capable of playing top 9 roles and his unwillingness to apply himself towards the aspects of the game he's been called out for.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I like Yip/Tootoo over Wilson for 4th line duties. I don't really get all the Yip hate. I liked his game today.

Wilson isn't playing because of AK/Radulov/Bourque. Just too much depth in the top 9 for him.

That being said, I think he deserves a game. I'd like to see if he can elevate his game for the playoffs.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Wilson when he was drafted was sold as a two-way forward. A guy that was solid in his half of the ice... I don't see how he wouldn't be able to adapt his game to become a go-to-guy for third-line duties if need be.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 03:41 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Wilson when he was drafted was sold as a two-way forward. A guy that was solid in his half of the ice... I don't see how he wouldn't be able to adapt his game to become a go-to-guy for third-line duties if need be.
he probably could if he would try but he has apparently been asked to do so by the coaches and continues to make mistakes....

if we hadn't added AK and Radulov, he'd still be playing, but as it is, he is odd man out