HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

what power play?

Old
03-22-2012, 10:40 AM
TheStranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeboy View Post
Well, I watched two games at the same time, Chico van and Drw and NYR, and although I think there are many uncalled penalties... they blew the wistle there.. so again...
Noob ? of the day, do all the refs on the ice, ie linesmen and referee have the ability to call penalties..?
Is it unreasonable to think video whould be considered for the future?
Linesmen can only call major fouls I believe. Bad boarding, spearing, things like that. I believe.

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Interesting how Lando and Staz are the two main guys who speak to the refs. Depending who was on the ice at the time.

Our PP woes are a combination of being unlucky and of being undeserving in some regards, as well as being intentionally shafted.

Much of what we would get a PP for is going league-wide uncalled. Interference plays specifically. Once those go uncalled we usually get another uncalled hook, hold or interference which would have never occurred if they called the initial PP.

What is confusing is the same thing the other teams don't get called for, we tend to get called for.

For some reason it seems the refs just aren't willing to give us the benefit of the doubt in situations and would rather swallow their whistle. And at some point you can't simply say we're entirely unlucky, because teams don't get shafted as bad as we do anymore. As I posted elsewhere... lowest PP's since 79-80

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Interesting how Lando and Staz are the two main guys who speak to the refs. Depending who was on the ice at the time.

Our PP woes are a combination of being unlucky and of being undeserving in some regards, as well as being intentionally shafted.

Much of what we would get a PP for is going league-wide uncalled. Interference plays specifically. Once those go uncalled we usually get another uncalled hook, hold or interference which would have never occurred if they called the initial PP.

What is confusing is the same thing the other teams don't get called for, we tend to get called for.

For some reason it seems the refs just aren't willing to give us the benefit of the doubt in situations and would rather swallow their whistle. And at some point you can't simply say we're entirely unlucky, because teams don't get shafted as bad as we do anymore. As I posted elsewhere... lowest PP's since 79-80
Wow that's absolutely insane, you're right. Lowest PPO's of any team since 79-80, and it will be close by the end of the season to breaking that.

In 05-06 the lowest PPO team finished with twice as many PP's (411) as the Avs have now with 7 games remaining (204).

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 04:17 PM
avs1dacup

Been boned as bad as they have been and having so few power plays, it really shows just how good they are 5 on 5. This team isn't depending on their PP to win games. They're playing some solid, winning 5 on 5 hockey.

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 04:30 PM
jaems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Wow that's absolutely insane, you're right. Lowest PPO's of any team since 79-80, and it will be close by the end of the season to breaking that.

In 05-06 the lowest PPO team finished with twice as many PP's (411) as the Avs have now with 7 games remaining (204).
Makes sense since that was the first season with the new rules. Surprising though that there were even more powerplay opportunities in the dead puck era.

jaems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 05:50 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post

do we really expect 12 power plays in the last 7 games?

I guess we'll probably get 5 in the last game of the season if we're eliminated or clinch by that point

falconski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 05:36 PM
freeboy

I wanted to say I am glad we do have a power play.. and I didnot belifeve my eyes when they called several penalties... wow... multiple pp day the last game...
now to win!
go avs ...

freeboy is offline   Reply With Quote