HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leaf have no shot at Parise according to McGuire

Old
03-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

vCash: 500
He'll want to play for a winning team and get a huge contract. Toronto can't provide either.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 01:40 PM
gabeliscious

if parise makes it to free agency burke better get him to toronto. the money and term is irrelevant as far as im concerned. we need a franchise caliber type player to build around.

im sure he would have a tough time turning down $8 million / year for the next 6 years.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 02:06 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
if parise makes it to free agency burke better get him to toronto. the money and term is irrelevant as far as im concerned. we need a franchise caliber type player to build around.

im sure he would have a tough time turning down $8 million / year for the next 6 years.
We have roughly 6.5m space with 18 players contracted next season and no legit goalie. There's no way I'd give Parise 8/48m. Oh ya, Franson, Kulemin, Frattin are all RFAs. Yeah, not happening

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 02:55 PM
gabeliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
We have roughly 6.5m space with 18 players contracted next season and no legit goalie. There's no way I'd give Parise 8/48m. Oh ya, Franson, Kulemin, Frattin are all RFAs. Yeah, not happening

if franson is back with the leafs next season it is because a higher paid defenseman was moved. why would he resign with us otherwise?

frattin is far from a lock to make the team next season. even he is is, his cap hit right now is $1.3 million (due to bonuses with an actual salary of $0.875 million). id expect his new contract to be around $1.3-1.5 million.

kulemin has done nothing to help his contract status. i like him and think he can bounce back. i see him getting a contract similar to what mac got. around $3.25 million.

which legit #1 goalie are we going to obtain? i agree that we need one desperately but i dont know of any other then possibly vokoun who could be available. id suspect he could be signed for something similar to what nabakov just signed for ~$2.75

i recognize $8 million is excessive, my point was that if all it would take was money to get parise here we should do it. burke could find the cap space if he had to.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Cuttooth

Don't worry guys, we still have Connolly locked up for another year...

Cuttooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 04:45 PM
LeaffanDM

I dont even think burke goes after parise untill he has other pieces in place. the shopping list is pretty big. we need a #1 center. another winger for grabo, atleast 2 3rd line checkers and a shut down D plus a legit goalie.

Kulemin can take a hike. with the awful awful season hes had, the cap is best spent somewhere else imo. get rid of connolly, lombardi, and other dead wieght. Burke is feeling the heat this summer forsure to have a good draft and offseason. you can bet he will be scrambling to make over this team top to bottom. because if he fails next year as well its going to be his last.

LeaffanDM is offline   Reply With Quote