HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RDS with videotron

Old
05-15-2012, 09:06 PM
LastChancePrice

vCash: 500
RDS with videotron

Oh wow. Just now, i called videotron because i wanna change my "build your own package-30 channels" to a 15 channel package. And now,when u choose back rds, you cannot choose RDS separatly. You have to get RDS2 with it, and they both count as 2 separate channels!!! If you choose TSN, you get TSN 2 free and it only count as 1 channel, why on earth they force you to take both rds channels and remove you one other channel you want to force you to take rds2?

It really make me angry... and im really considering dumping rds to only get tsn.

Do you think this is the same problem with bell?

LastChancePrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
That's life, my friend. Ask for one thing, get something on the side you didn't expect but are forced to pay for it.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Gary320

With Bekm RDS you get RDS 2 and they count as one. That is for Bell Fibe.

I was with Videotron and I never heard that you needed to get RDS 2. That kinda sucks. Either way, RDS 2 is pretty good.. but if you only want to watch RDS for hockey.. then yeah.. major suckage

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:13 PM
LastChancePrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
With Bekm RDS you get RDS 2 and they count as one. That is for Bell Fibe.

I was with Videotron and I never heard that you needed to get RDS 2. That kinda sucks. Either way, RDS 2 is pretty good.. but if you only want to watch RDS for hockey.. then yeah.. major suckage
Yop its probably new. Never had a problem of repackaging RDS with my channels. Because i wanna change some stuff, now your forced to get RDS 2 and it count as a channels!!!!!

I dont want to go to bell because of horrible past experience, and with videotron, well they are the only two distributor for television in montreal-ouest, and now they just really dissapointed me.

LastChancePrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:30 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
Just cancelled my 35 channel plan today... just basic cable now and i'm happy with it!

ClasslessGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:31 PM
ClasslessGuy

and btw, if want want tsn HD you have to buy a pack to...

Old
05-15-2012, 09:39 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgivemePrice View Post
Oh wow. Just now, i called videotron because i wanna change my "build your own package-30 channels" to a 15 channel package. And now,when u choose back rds, you cannot choose RDS separatly. You have to get RDS2 with it, and they both count as 2 separate channels!!! If you choose TSN, you get TSN 2 free and it only count as 1 channel, why on earth they force you to take both rds channels and remove you one other channel you want to force you to take rds2?

It really make me angry... and im really considering dumping rds to only get tsn.

Still better than having to pay 5$/mo for TSN HD.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:44 PM
LeHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Just cancelled my 35 channel plan today... just basic cable now and i'm happy with it!
Cancel that and get an OTA antenna. You will get most channels and in better quality.

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:02 PM
habscup*

Videotron is a joke.

habscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:15 PM
coolasprICE

get bell fibe.

cheaper
tsn habs ,
better content / selection..

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:19 PM
psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
get bell fibe.

cheaper
tsn habs ,
better content / selection..
But its bell and bell is a **** company that will screw you over at some point if your with them long enough.

psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

I think you have to get it in a package. As a package, both will come as one channel. If you call to order RDS though, then yea, that's all you get. Not sure what the big fuss is about anyways, RDS 2 has nothing interesting on it. I've had that channel since it came out and I never watched it.

But you should switch the Bell fibe. Videotron is really far behind compared to it. I just made the switch recently. Only problem is that Bell hires incompetent people. It took 3 different workers in order to get it installed. First one drilled some holes but couldn't do it for some reason, so he called his supervisor who came only to say it's impossible to do. Called to leave a complaint, so they finally sent another one that didn't have a peanut for a brain to get it done.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:29 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut View Post
But its bell and bell is a **** company that will screw you over at some point if your with them long enough.
their customer service is not the best, but i haven't gotten screwed.

If you forget that you are on a promo for the box, and it becomes chargeable, than it's your fault..

You have to call bell once or twice (max) per year to make sure that all your promos and credits are renewed... otherwise, you tell them you'll cancel.

It's a bit annoying but I rather do that than have crappy videotron.

I pay 83$ tax in now for internet, and tv ... with lots of channels and theme packs, movie network on demand etc...

With videotron I'd be paying $400-500 more per year for the same services and fibe is better on top of it.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:36 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

A Videotron technician came to check the strength of my HD signal

He admitted that the quality of Bell Fibe was better

Im gonna switch soon

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:16 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgivemePrice View Post

-->

I have bell, and RDS2 was added without any cost.

P.S. for thoses who have a (15-20-30) package deal with bell, LCN has become a free channel

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
I have Bell as well and ain't charge extra for TSN2 or RDS2

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:14 PM
GordonGraham

Im with videotron i have rds in my 30 pack and i dont have rds 2 ( i do have rds info)

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:29 PM
FrankMTL

This is a new rule regarding RDS 2. I ordered a custom package with Videotron 2 years ago and didn't have a problem ordering RDS on its own, but when I changed my custom package a few months ago, I no longer had the option- I had to take RDS 2 as well and have it count as one of my chanels.

For those people with Bell Fibe, they go out of their way to make things difficult too. If you order a custom package, you get RDS/RDS 2/RDS HD all as one channel....But, if you want TSN HD, it costs $5 in another package. As well, you can't get A&E in the custom package, you have to order it as part of another package for $5.

Bottom line, cable companies always have a couple of tricks to get you to spend more than you should.

I would probably switch to Bellfibe as it is better quality with more channels, but my owner does not want it in his building as I am renting, and he built his condos with videotron wiring already installed so it stays clean...

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:36 PM
pezcore

Just call in and ask for a manager, file in a complaint and say you want to cancel your subscription cuz you're going to Bell. Trust me, You'll have it for free. I got a free PVR out of it a couple months ago

pezcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:39 PM
ClasslessGuy

I would switch to Bell but you need the antenna right?

Old
05-16-2012, 02:40 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
I would switch to Bell but you need the antenna right?
Not with Bell fibe

Old
05-16-2012, 02:40 PM
LyricalLyricist

I used to have bell but switched to videotron package and saved money so wtv lol

Not sure if I have RDS2 but I do have RDS and I don't believe I had any trouble when I selected it. I have 30 Channels though, not sure if it counts as 1 with 30 or wtv.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 03:03 PM
SeriousHabs

Has anyone had any success with NHLCentreIce or other high quality internet service to provide the games?

I currently have a decent 46'' HDTV with a 15 channel plan from Videotron that is doing a great job of collecting dust. My TVs only purpose is to watch the Habs, as the GF discovered the internet and has no more needs for cable. My in-law showed me the NFL's streaming system, and I was simply amazed. The quality is epic, and you get to see all the games.

Does the NHL offer something similar?

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 03:13 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
This is a new rule regarding RDS 2. I ordered a custom package with Videotron 2 years ago and didn't have a problem ordering RDS on its own, but when I changed my custom package a few months ago, I no longer had the option- I had to take RDS 2 as well and have it count as one of my chanels.

For those people with Bell Fibe, they go out of their way to make things difficult too. If you order a custom package, you get RDS/RDS 2/RDS HD all as one channel....But, if you want TSN HD, it costs $5 in another package. As well, you can't get A&E in the custom package, you have to order it as part of another package for $5.

Bottom line, cable companies always have a couple of tricks to get you to spend more than you should.

I would probably switch to Bellfibe as it is better quality with more channels, but my owner does not want it in his building as I am renting, and he built his condos with videotron wiring already installed so it stays clean...
You can still get Bell Fibe. No need for an antenna with Fibe and you could use the same wiring as Videotron. All you need is a Bell modem and box and you're set. It won't get messy at all.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 03:47 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
You can still get Bell Fibe. No need for an antenna with Fibe and you could use the same wiring as Videotron. All you need is a Bell modem and box and you're set. It won't get messy at all.
Yeah I know that Bell fibe doesn't require an antenna, but I thought they had to install their own cables...I didn't think they could use the videotron wires..??

They told me installation would take between 4-6 hours...that doesn't sound like just installing a bell modem and box..