HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[COLE SCHNEIDER FIRST LOOK] Bridgeport @ Bingo

Old
03-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Icelevel
Best Coaches Coach

vCash: 500
i agree with all the guys here that watch the bingo games. lehner is not ready for the nhl yet. he has the potential, but you don't just hand it to him, that's a recipe for failure. Same goes for zibanejad, stone, prince, pageau, filatov(already screwed it up?), etc.
Even though in my opinion, in his games in ottawa he was better than bishop so far (although bishop had a great last game)

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 12:14 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Bridgeport @ Binghamton hi-lites from Wednesday nite.

On YouTube.

Robin with a couple of beautiful saves.

Enjoy.

Link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8B9MY_WP2S4

ZekeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 12:22 PM
Buckleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
I posted this in the BSens thread too, because this is way off topic for this thread, but...

It's funny when all of us fans down in Bingo that try to post objectively on these forums have the same opinion of Lehner, but some fans just don't want to accept the reality of the situation.

Lehner has the potential, he's shown flashes, that's it. This organization so desperately wants a star goalie to solidify their team they are blinded. I found it utterly ridiculous how many people came out of the woodwork to blast the Bishop trade. Like having goalie depth and three guys that have the ability and potential to be NHL-caliber goaltenders is a bad thing.

I'm still a firm believer that winning starts from goal out. Build a strong goal and defensive core and you'll go places. The Bishop trade went miles for making the goal situation 10x better. Now they need to draft one to backfill in a few years when Lehner is ready.

The other focus should be defensive prospects, although some people think we have depth there, I don't see it.
I don't think there is a ton of great quality on D. But we have Karlsson and Cowen long term. Top pairing defenseman. I think the depth comes from having guys like Gryba, Borowiecki, Blood, and Claesson, Sdao are some big and nasty defensive guys. Then some other guys like Wideman, Aneloski etc. not all of them will work out obviously, but we only need a few of them to.

Buckleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 01:07 PM
VVS

So... Did anyone actually get a look at Cole Schneider?

VVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Marble

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
I bet Gryba would get suspended for that hit in the NHL. Forearm to the head.

Not saying I didn't like it, but it's the first thing I thought after "wow, he killed him!"

Marble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaksh0w View Post
So... Did anyone actually get a look at Cole Schneider?
Not enough to form an opinion from my standpoint, he played one game sparingly..

Ski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Canuckman44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble View Post
I bet Gryba would get suspended for that hit in the NHL. Forearm to the head.

Not saying I didn't like it, but it's the first thing I thought after "wow, he killed him!"
Looked like, at best, a borderline penalty. From what I see, the guy was bent forward at the waist and the arm wasn't extended until after the follow through. Nobody jumped him in retaliation. I don't think that he would have been a suspended. I think that the announcer made it worse than it was.

Canuckman44 is offline   Reply With Quote