HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Shinny - Game 2 - Saturday, October 6th, 9:30AM, 8-Rinks

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-30-2012, 01:18 AM
  #826
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,098
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy11 View Post
I actually have one friend coming for sure and possibly another. Does that work?
Same as before; let me know if/when they confirm, and tell 'em to bring money.

And damnit, True North!

Mr. Canucklehead is online now  
Old
09-30-2012, 12:43 PM
  #827
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,776
vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Do we have enough space in the locker room to accommodate such a large group?

y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
09-30-2012, 12:59 PM
  #828
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,098
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Do we have enough space in the locker room to accommodate such a large group?
We get two rooms, same as last time. I think we had about 15 in one room and about three or four in the other last time...

Mr. Canucklehead is online now  
Old
09-30-2012, 01:53 PM
  #829
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,776
vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
We get two rooms, same as last time. I think we had about 15 in one room and about three or four in the other last time...
Didn't even realize we had a second room. That should work perfectly then.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
09-30-2012, 02:16 PM
  #830
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0
 
RandV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,738
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Same as before; let me know if/when they confirm, and tell 'em to bring money.

And damnit, True North!
We just have to be careful not to jump over the 20 skaters mark. 10 skaters aside is the ideal number for a 75 minute shinny session, but anymore and it's no longer enough ice time.

RandV is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 02:24 PM
  #831
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandV View Post
We just have to be careful not to jump over the 20 skaters mark. 10 skaters aside is the ideal number for a 75 minute shinny session, but anymore and it's no longer enough ice time.
Yeah. 35 minutes or so should be enough to score at least one goal so I don't look horrible.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 02:41 PM
  #832
Canucker
Go Hawks!
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Frisco, Texas
Posts: 19,018
vCash: 500
I should be able to make it, but I'm still not sure about gear so I might be relegated to the pressbox.

Canucker is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 03:05 PM
  #833
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I should be able to make it, but I'm still not sure about gear so I might be relegated to the pressbox.
That's good. If I had gear, I'd lend you some. Personally though, my skates are older than I am, my hockey pants are on their last legs and my chest pads aren't even mine. So yeah.

You can always come take pictures or video though.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 03:40 PM
  #834
WonderTwinsUnite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Delta, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,843
vCash: 500
My friend bailed. So -1 from the list.

WonderTwinsUnite is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 06:16 PM
  #835
Hank4Hart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,088
vCash: 500
turns out i ll have the car all day... if anyone is missing any gear.. i have a full set and more i could lend out... let me know if anyone needs anything

Hank4Hart is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 06:58 PM
  #836
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,098
vCash: 50
Don't worry about bringing cash if you're not gonna e in the ice, Canucker.

Mr. Canucklehead is online now  
Old
09-30-2012, 10:04 PM
  #837
Canucker
Go Hawks!
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Frisco, Texas
Posts: 19,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
turns out i ll have the car all day... if anyone is missing any gear.. i have a full set and more i could lend out... let me know if anyone needs anything
I think I was too big to use your gear if I recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Don't worry about bringing cash if you're not gonna e in the ice, Canucker.
Thanks...I'll use the money to place bets on a winner.

Canucker is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 12:22 AM
  #838
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,098
vCash: 50
Roll call:

Quote:
Mr. Canucklehead + 1
y2kcanucks + 1
Reverend Mayhem
TheGourmet
cle604
Nash
Canadian Chris
billvanseattle
Scurr
RandV
CanucksSayEh
WonderTwinsUnite
starfighter
Reddy11 + 1
Hank4Hart (G)
mossey3535 (G)

Date: Saturday, October 6th
Time: 9:30AM
Rink: Burnaby 8-Rinks, Rink # 2
Time: 1.25 Hours
Cost: $250.60
Divided by 19 Skaters = $13.18 per person, Rounded Up: $14.00 Each

Spectator's Box:
Canucker
Less than a week to go!

Mr. Canucklehead is online now  
Old
10-01-2012, 12:30 AM
  #839
Hank4Hart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I think I was too big to use your gear if I recall.



Thanks...I'll use the money to place bets on a winner.
i could always just bring the gear, if it fits you play, if not you dont. at least that way you'd have a chance at stepping on the ice.

gloves definitely wont fit though. my tiny asian hands,

Hank4Hart is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 12:41 AM
  #840
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Roll call:



Less than a week to go!
Pumped. I'm in the best shape I have been all year and ready to go!

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 12:55 AM
  #841
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,098
vCash: 50
What gear does Canucker need?

We could all bring an article of equipment and he could "Mikko Jokela" it.

(sits back and waits to see if anyone understands the reference...)

Mr. Canucklehead is online now  
Old
10-01-2012, 01:03 AM
  #842
Hank4Hart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
What gear does Canucker need?

We could all bring an article of equipment and he could "Mikko Jokela" it.

(sits back and waits to see if anyone understands the reference...)
I cant believe i remember this... but didnt jokela borrow all his gear from baron? so thats a little different

i have a set of shoulder pads, hockey socks, helmet, jersey that will definitely fit, the pants might or might not fit.

the gloves, shin guard definitely wont fit though

Hank4Hart is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 01:06 AM
  #843
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,098
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
I cant believe i remember this... but didnt jokela borrow all his gear from baron? so thats a little different

i have a set of shoulder pads, hockey socks, helmet, jersey that will definitely fit, the pants might or might not fit.

the gloves, shin guard definitely wont fit though
Somewhat close - a piece of Baron's gear might have been in there. Jokela's gear didn't arrive, so he borrowed a bunch of weird stuff. An old helmet of Mark Messier's, some gear that had belonged to Kevin Weekes, and a bunch of other random ex-Canuck stuff.

Mr. Canucklehead is online now  
Old
10-01-2012, 01:14 AM
  #844
Canucker
Go Hawks!
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Frisco, Texas
Posts: 19,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
What gear does Canucker need?

We could all bring an article of equipment and he could "Mikko Jokela" it.

(sits back and waits to see if anyone understands the reference...)
I'm pretty much coming with just my clothes so I'm going to need pretty much everything...but I'd be fine with the bare minimum (skates sz 8.5-9.5, gloves, helmet and RH stick). Anything else would be an added bonus.

Canucker is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 01:16 AM
  #845
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,098
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I'm pretty much coming with just my clothes so I'm going to need pretty much everything...but I'd be fine with the bare minimum (skates sz 8.5-9.5, gloves, helmet and RH stick). Anything else would be an added bonus.
Ah, I do have an extra set of skates but...they're a lot bigger than that. I've got the whole Sideshow Bob-feet thing going on.

Mr. Canucklehead is online now  
Old
10-01-2012, 01:20 AM
  #846
Hank4Hart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Ah, I do have an extra set of skates but...they're a lot bigger than that. I've got the whole Sideshow Bob-feet thing going on.
cant you just rent at 8 rinks?

Hank4Hart is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 01:22 AM
  #847
Canucker
Go Hawks!
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Frisco, Texas
Posts: 19,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Ah, I do have an extra set of skates but...they're a lot bigger than that. I've got the whole Sideshow Bob-feet thing going on.


I'm annoyed that most of my friends that live in the lower mainland don't play...hard to believe I still consider them friends!

Canucker is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 01:22 AM
  #848
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Does 8 Rinks offer skate rentals?

Depending on how big your hands are, I could give you a pair of gloves I think.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 01:26 AM
  #849
Canucker
Go Hawks!
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Frisco, Texas
Posts: 19,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Does 8 Rinks offer skate rentals?

Depending on how big your hands are, I could give you a pair of gloves I think.
I'm about 6' 220 lbs, but reasonably proportioned so most large/XL stuff could work.

I appreciate everyone's attempts to equip me here. Thanks!

Canucker is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 01:31 AM
  #850
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
I'll see what I can do for you, Canucker.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.