HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Skates for size 14/13eee shoe

Old
03-25-2012, 11:58 PM
reecardo

vCash: 500
Skates for size 14/13eee shoe

Called every place in town back before X-Mas, nobody had anything larger then a 12 locally (GR/MI). Ended up buying the only pair of 13e skates I could find from Perani's online, a pair of Reebok 4ks. They fit OK, but I know they are long. I have skated on them 4-6 times a week since the first of the year, and they are already starting to form creases in the ankles.

Curious if anyone knows of a retailer that specializes in large feet, a place where I could actually try on a few different skates in a 12.5 d/e or a 13 d/e?

reecardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:24 AM
TrueBlue86

i wear 12 or 13 shoe depending on the model

so far i've been able to find size 11 skates ok

TrueBlue86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:35 AM
AIREAYE

Don't go by shoe size when selecting skate size. Reecardo, have you gotten sized yet at a good shop?

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:06 PM
reecardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Don't go by shoe size when selecting skate size. Reecardo, have you gotten sized yet at a good shop?
I have been into my local Perani's a few times, bought both my sticks and all my tape (they sell seconds!), and they sharpen my skates. They were the ones that told me my left blade is bent. I guess I need to go back in and talk to the guy who sharpens my skates when I stop by at lunch. He seems to be in charge, because the pimply teenagers working in the evenings are beyond worthless.

The rink closest to my house just re-opened their pro shop also, but I really hate the wife who runs the register.

The fact is they can measure my foot, but it isn't the same as trying on skates in my size. I travel for work, if it is in the US I could probably make up an excuse to go somewhere close. Does anyone know of a skate shop that specializes in BIG FEET in the USA?

reecardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:26 PM
AIREAYE

Yeah, talking to him is probably your best bet. To my knowledge, there are no such things as shops that 'specialize' in larger feet, there are only shops that will carry those sizes. The guy at Perani's should be able to order in skates for you, just ask. Not much any of us here can do.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:59 AM
forbs02
Blergh

Most brands max out at a 12.5. Bauer will make a stock mid-range skate up to a 15, but if you don't fit in the stock you may have to take the plunge and go the custom route. It seems like width is going to be more of a problem than length, so try on different brands if you can find them.

forbs02 is offline   Reply With Quote