HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Calgary Flames @ Minnesota Wild, 6:00PM on SNET-W & The Fan 960

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2012, 09:11 PM
  #51
Signature
Capitano Giordano
 
Signature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 5,223
vCash: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
When your playing the most important games of the season and you don't show up. Or we could re sign him to watch another great season until things start to matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
when you consider the last month we have had to lean heavily on the top 6 and then he disappears it certainly doesn't look good for him. Espically when Stajan has looked like he deserves to be in the top 6 and Cammy has shown to be a decent center men.
Without Jokinen's production and defensive play, this team does not get to "the important games of the season" without the way he played for Calgary for the entire season until now.

Stajan was not going to be given a chance in the top 6 to prove himself until Sutter had exhausted his options, namely having an IR list to rival Chins in a Chinese phone book.

Cammalleri, while a decent centreman, was not with Calgary for most of the season.
Terrible, terrible arguments against Jokinen and you guys know it. It's not like he has been giving free breakways on his shifts or not trying hard enough.

Players slump.

Signature is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 09:19 PM
  #52
MonahanTHEMoneyMan
Registered User
 
MonahanTHEMoneyMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
Agreed Players do slump..And olli is good centerman.. but my point is we dont need to sign him at a price of burning a contract when we do have four centers already in our system. I think Cammy Stajan Backlund and Jones will do fine for us. We will not be able to compete for a division unless we make major changes and Olli is not the answer.

MonahanTHEMoneyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 09:22 PM
  #53
Janks
Pope Janks
 
Janks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autograph View Post
Without Jokinen's production and defensive play, this team does not get to "the important games of the season" without the way he played for Calgary for the entire season until now.

Stajan was not going to be given a chance in the top 6 to prove himself until Sutter had exhausted his options, namely having an IR list to rival Chins in a Chinese phone book.

Cammalleri, while a decent centreman, was not with Calgary for most of the season.
Terrible, terrible arguments against Jokinen and you guys know it. It's not like he has been giving free breakways on his shifts or not trying hard enough.

Players slump.
lolololol

The Flames came out very strong, but have seemingly cooled down. They need to keep pushing, and stop giving the puck away.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 09:26 PM
  #54
King In The North
Sean Bennett
 
King In The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB47 View Post
Agreed Players do slump..And olli is good centerman.. but my point is we dont need to sign him at a price of burning a contract when we do have four centers already in our system. I think Cammy Stajan Backlund and Jones will do fine for us. We will not be able to compete for a division unless we make major changes and Olli is not the answer.
I would not pencil Cammy as a center permanently; we only did that because of a plague of injuries. His game is most effective on the wing and that's where he should be.

King In The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 09:31 PM
  #55
MonahanTHEMoneyMan
Registered User
 
MonahanTHEMoneyMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
I would not pencil Cammy as a center permanently; we only did that because of a plague of injuries. His game is most effective on the wing and that's where he should be.
Then bring Horak up from farm on ur 4th line and use cammy on the wing. Give backlund a full year on the top 2 lines to see what he is got..With Jokinen in the system(and not to mention he will demand few years) may not be a smart move for the future.

MonahanTHEMoneyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 09:33 PM
  #56
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,928
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autograph View Post
Without Jokinen's production and defensive play, this team does not get to "the important games of the season" without the way he played for Calgary for the entire season until now.

Stajan was not going to be given a chance in the top 6 to prove himself until Sutter had exhausted his options, namely having an IR list to rival Chins in a Chinese phone book.

Cammalleri, while a decent centreman, was not with Calgary for most of the season.
Terrible, terrible arguments against Jokinen and you guys know it. It's not like he has been giving free breakways on his shifts or not trying hard enough.

Players slump.
I agree with you that we should keep Jokinen I think he is tired from playing so much but letting him go is a possibility that could be considered.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 09:35 PM
  #57
Fleury14
Kipper
 
Fleury14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,577
vCash: 500
nah, Backlund has had plenty of opportunities to play on the top 2 lines. We can't go into another season relying on him to produce. Time to stick him on the 3rd line permanently and make him earn extra minutes.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 09:39 PM
  #58
Signature
Capitano Giordano
 
Signature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 5,223
vCash: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I agree with you that we should keep Jokinen I think he is tired from playing so much but letting him go is a possibility that could be considered.
My problem isn't letting Jokinen go, it's the attitude of which posters begin to dump on our more consistent players when they become human again.
Jokinen was never slated to have a PPG season, and he's not going to. He has been a consistent performer off the score sheet and in the third quarter of the season, led our team in points.

He has 58 points now, good for second behind Iginla. At points during the season, posters here claimed him to be Calgary's #1 centre.
He wants to be here, he likes the system, he likes the kind of player Calgary has helped him develop into.

Honestly, he's what I want Backlund and/or Horak to be.

So when people start to shovel **** on a player like that, I don't take to it kindly. Making a change for the better of the team, that's the business part of hockey. But make no mistake, this is the kind of player you want to have on a team.

I don't think, if Calgary attempts to re-sign him, that he will be unreasonable and ask for too much.

Signature is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 09:47 PM
  #59
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,486
vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autograph View Post
My problem isn't letting Jokinen go, it's the attitude of which posters begin to dump on our more consistent players when they become human again.
Jokinen was never slated to have a PPG season, and he's not going to. He has been a consistent performer off the score sheet and in the third quarter of the season, led our team in points.
I wasn't really putting him down, I agree he has been the most consistent player on the team this year. I have stated before on here I didn't want to resign him even when he was tearing it up. Its not the scoring that is bugging as much as his effort has been the last few games. I could care less if he doesn't score every game but the last few games he looks uninterested and lazy. Just because he got us to play these important games doesn't mean you just throw in the towel and say I have done enough for this team

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 09:54 PM
  #60
Signature
Capitano Giordano
 
Signature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 5,223
vCash: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
I wasn't really putting him down, I agree he has been the most consistent player on the team this year. I have stated before on here I didn't want to resign him even when he was tearing it up. Its not the scoring that is bugging as much as his effort has been the last few games. I could care less if he doesn't score every game but the last few games he looks uninterested and lazy. Just because he got us to play these important games doesn't mean you just throw in the towel and say I have done enough for this team
Being uninterested and lazy happens. It's a matter of for how long and why that really drive the issue. They've played 6 months of hockey and he's not been injured this season - probably not much time to rest between covering shifts for less-skilled players on call-ups while regulars are on IR.
Consistency has a price, and that price is $3.99 for a Big Mac.

Except for Kiprusoff, I would say every player on this team fits the bill of what you're describing.
This entire team's greatest enemy is effort level. Great first periods, terrible second periods, decent third periods that don't always pull out the win.

Signature is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:05 PM
  #61
Unlimited Chequing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Unlimited Chequing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,794
vCash: 585
Jesus that was a close one.

Unlimited Chequing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:15 PM
  #62
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,486
vCash: 1800
Why do we have to sit back when we have leads in the 3rd. **** this team makes me nervous.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:18 PM
  #63
Janks
Pope Janks
 
Janks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Why do we have to sit back when we have leads in the 3rd. **** this team makes me nervous.
Agreed. I want to see us pound a team 8-0 like Boston beat Toronto the other day. Why can't we ever score more than 3 goals?

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:19 PM
  #64
Janks
Pope Janks
 
Janks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 50
Damn

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:20 PM
  #65
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,486
vCash: 1800
Oh ****, the ref blew the whistle before the puck went over did he not?

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:20 PM
  #66
3rdEye
HF Official Producer
 
3rdEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: @HawnzDynasty
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,830
vCash: 500
**** that's in.

3rdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:20 PM
  #67
Unlimited Chequing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Unlimited Chequing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,794
vCash: 585
**** that's in...

Unlimited Chequing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:20 PM
  #68
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!
 
Flames Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
****.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:21 PM
  #69
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,928
vCash: 57
**** me I am so tired of Sutter's system of sit on a one goal lead for 20 minutes. If missing the playoffs means he is fired then that alone is a victory.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:23 PM
  #70
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,486
vCash: 1800
I can here Sutter right now, "alright guys a tie game, lets sit back and take this to OT. We need that one point".

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:29 PM
  #71
Janks
Pope Janks
 
Janks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
I can here Sutter right now, "alright guys a tie game, lets sit back and take this to OT. We need that one point".
So true. And we get another penalty, great going.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:30 PM
  #72
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY
 
Svensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: C OF RED
Country: Romania
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 500
Glenx been playing like **** tonight. How can we play with no intensity? I can't understand the Flames... Columbus, Oilers and Minnesota and WE CAN'T FKING WIN

Svensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:30 PM
  #73
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,928
vCash: 57
Sutter wonders why the top players don't want to buy in because he wants 10 second shifts followed by a dump in **** I am tired of this.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:34 PM
  #74
Northern Neighbour
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,716
vCash: 500
It's unfathomable how this team cannot generate any offence in the 3rd period.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:36 PM
  #75
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,486
vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
It's unfathomable how this team cannot generate any offence in the 3rd period.
That and the love of giving up leads.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.