HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL | 2011-2012 Edition | Part XV

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2012, 11:55 AM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Because you're totally able to predict how Noesen will do right?
You forgot the 3rd round pick we got in this year's draft.

Old
03-22-2012, 11:59 AM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Just because something happened prior that made you want revenge, doesn't mean you have the right to get revenge
And that's why Bertuzzi got punished severely, and why Keith will get suspended. But I understand how they feel. Especially with Moore and Sedin not getting punished, they want justice. And like I said, Bertuzzi wanted to fight Moore, which is within the rules.

They should have handled it differently, but I still feel the 'victims' are just as much the bad guys.

Old
03-22-2012, 12:50 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
imo if you hit someone in the head you deserve to get hit in the head. Obviously not the way society works in general, but Keith was sticking up for himself. An eye for an eye, what goes around comes around,...
Wrong. Absolutely wrong.

You honestly think that Sedin throwing a shoulder check into Keith that rides up Keith's shoulders upon contact and makes incidental contact with his head is the equivalent of deliberately aiming an elbow at the jaw of Sedin in open ice? The two acts are not equal. It would be only be 'fair' if Sedin was hit in the boards by Keith and Keith's arm glanced up and made incidental contact with Sedin's head.

03-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Because you're totally able to predict how Noesen will do right?
Because my statement had anything to do with Noesen? Realistically speaking Fisher is still pretty young, and brings a lot to the team. A 60 point forward with 25+ goals is a lofty goal for Noesen and it's unlikely he'll reach that in the near future.

Ignore that I said 'right now.'

Old
03-22-2012, 02:40 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
imo if you hit someone in the head you deserve to get hit in the head. Obviously not the way society works in general, but Keith was sticking up for himself. An eye for an eye, what goes around comes around,...
This guy once hit my bumper so I stabbed him in the throat. An eye for an eye I said!

Old
03-22-2012, 03:54 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
This guy once hit my bumper so I stabbed him in the throat. An eye for an eye I said!

I was camping, and this guy stole my firewood, so I lit his hair on fire and stole his truck.

Old
03-22-2012, 04:00 PM
JoeSakic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
I was camping, and this guy stole my firewood, so I lit his hair on fire and stole his truck.
PUSS!

I would have made his lady friend mine and stole his dog!

Old
03-22-2012, 04:11 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSakic View Post
PUSS!

I would have made his lady friend mine and stole his dog!

Not what was said at all. If a guy steals your firewood, he deserves to have his stolen, if a guy hits your bumper, he deserves to have his bumper hit and so on. How you guys came up with this

Old
03-22-2012, 04:12 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

If a guy hits your bumper his bumper got hit too, so that's already taken care of.

Old
03-22-2012, 04:13 PM
playasRus

Quote:

Not what was said at all. If guy steals your firewood, he deserves, to have his stolen, if a guy hits your bumper, he deserves to have his bumper hit and so on. How you guys came up with this
That sheets cray

Old
03-22-2012, 04:13 PM
JoeSakic

Quote:

Not what was said at all. If guy steals your firewood, he deserves, to have his stolen, if a guy hits your bumper, he deserves to have his bumper hit and so on. How you guys came up with this
PUSS!

I would have given two middle fingers.

Old
03-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Wrong. Absolutely wrong.

You honestly think that Sedin throwing a shoulder check into Keith that rides up Keith's shoulders upon contact and makes incidental contact with his head is the equivalent of deliberately aiming an elbow at the jaw of Sedin in open ice? The two acts are not equal. It would be only be 'fair' if Sedin was hit in the boards by Keith and Keith's arm glanced up and made incidental contact with Sedin's head.
ummm you're forgetting the "Blindside" aspect of the Sedin hit. The "Blindside" is what they're trying to remove out of the game.

Keith's hit was worse but usually you want to get someone back worse then they got you..

Old
03-22-2012, 04:30 PM
playasRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital O TEETEE 613 View Post
ummm you're forgetting the "Blindside" aspect of the Sedin hit. The "Blindside" is what they're trying to remove out of the game.

Keith's hit was worse but usually you want to get someone back worse then they got you..
I may be wrong but in the replays, Sedin runs his shoulder right into Keiths chest. So not a blind side, Keith was just star gazing.

Old
03-22-2012, 04:53 PM
Quantas

Quote:
And that's why Bertuzzi got punished severely, and why Keith will get suspended. But I understand how they feel. Especially with Moore and Sedin not getting punished, they want justice. And like I said, Bertuzzi wanted to fight Moore, which is within the rules.

They should have handled it differently, but I still feel the 'victims' are just as much the bad guys.
People forget that Moore had already fought Cooke earlier in the game. How many people does he have to fight before he has "answered" for his hit?

Old
03-22-2012, 05:03 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
I may be wrong but in the replays, Sedin runs his shoulder right into Keiths chest. So not a blind side, Keith was just star gazing.

Are you an expert?

Old
03-22-2012, 05:15 PM
Flamingo

Quote:

Yeah, Keith had nothing to complain about.

That gif is fascinating. 2nd only to the naval turret gif.

Old
03-22-2012, 05:34 PM
SensontheRush
Rik Rondra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
Because my statement had anything to do with Noesen? Realistically speaking Fisher is still pretty young, and brings a lot to the team. A 60 point forward with 25+ goals is a lofty goal for Noesen and it's unlikely he'll reach that in the near future.

Ignore that I said 'right now.'
Fisher is neither of these. He only reached 53 points in his career year along with 25 goals, which he is on pace to score this year. A proper assessment of Fisher would be 50-55points, 20-25ish goals....nitpicky I know but I can see Noesen reaching these "lofty" expectations.

Not to mention that we picked Puempel with the pick we got from Nashville.

Old
03-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

Quote:

It came from the "Blindside", no matter where he hit him on Keiths body.

Keith was star gazing (kinda like Crosby when Steckel hit him)...Keith didn't see him, therefore didnt get a chance to brace himself for the hit.

Old
03-22-2012, 05:41 PM
playasRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital O TEETEE 613 View Post
It came from the "Blindside", no matter where he hit him on Keiths body.

Keith was star gazing (kinda like Crosby when Steckel hit him)...Keith didn't see him, therefore didnt get a chance to brace himself for the hit.
I guess this is just an opinion thing then. In your opinion, if someones not ready to absorb a hit you don't hit them.

In my opinion, I want my team to physically punish the other by finishing their checks. Now if my team has to worry that his opponent isn't expecting a CLEAN check, when he's coming square shoulder to shoulder, it makes it really hard to EVER finish your check; how do you know if he's anticipating you or not? Thats why guys who're trying to get the puck out of there zone always pass the puck and then brace themselves for a hit, cause 9 times out of 10 it's coming. Keith made a mistake, he doesn't deserve to get hit in the face but that was "incidental" as most put it. It's not like Sedin lunged at his head with his elbow.
On the other hand, Keith DID throw his elbow.

If you make it so that hitting when your opponent isn't ready for it is considered an illegal hit, it opens a whole new door for guys to embellish by pretending the big hit was a surprise to try and get a call. Kind of like when they chicken wing players stick to try and sell a hooking call.

Old
03-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensontheRush View Post
Fisher is neither of these. He only reached 53 points in his career year along with 25 goals, which he is on pace to score this year. A proper assessment of Fisher would be 50-55points, 20-25ish goals....nitpicky I know but I can see Noesen reaching these "lofty" expectations.

Not to mention that we picked Puempel with the pick we got from Nashville.
Actually no, Puempel's pick was acquired from Detroit for the 35th and 48th picks.

Old
03-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

Quote:
I guess this is just an opinion thing then. In your opinion, if someones not ready to absorb a hit you don't hit them.

In my opinion, I want my team to physically punish the other by finishing their checks. Now if my team has to worry that his opponent isn't expecting a CLEAN check, when he's coming square shoulder to shoulder, it makes it really hard to EVER finish your check; how do you know if he's anticipating you or not? Thats why guys who're trying to get the puck out of there zone always pass the puck and then brace themselves for a hit, cause 9 times out of 10 it's coming. Keith made a mistake, he doesn't deserve to get hit in the face but that was "incidental" as most put it. It's not like Sedin lunged at his head with his elbow.
On the other hand, Keith DID throw his elbow.

If you make it so that hitting when your opponent isn't ready for it is considered an illegal hit, it opens a whole new door for guys to embellish by pretending the big hit was a surprise to try and get a call. Kind of like when they chicken wing players stick to try and sell a hooking call.
Hey, I agree, I want my team to finish their checks as well. Hell I dont agree with hardly any of these suspensions this year so...

This blindside head shot rule is confusing. I mean Crosby had his head turned a bit and didnt brace himself and he got concused.

Keith was watching his pass and he didnt see Sedin...so was this really that different from the Steckel on Crosby hit???

Old
03-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Gil Gunderson

Good start Philly....

Old
03-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920
Please Sens, start winning....

Old
03-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920
Oh, and Pittsburgh is going to destroy us on Saturday.

Old
03-22-2012, 06:25 PM
Gil Gunderson

Yeahh, the Flyers look like complete crap.

Closed Thread