HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"IF" the Blues get healthy,

Old
03-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Squares View Post
This is exactly what I would like to see. Schwartz is the only wild card and if he isn't up to it then slide Sobotka up and fill in with Reaves.
I like the way you think sir

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 06:43 AM
Halak Ness Monster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillflexin View Post
I see Stewart gone in the off season due to his play or lack there of and the money situation.
Agree.

Stewart just doesn't fit Hitchcock's style of play. It takes hard work to go along with skill to put up 25-30 goals in his system and Stewart doesn't put in that work night in and night out.

The potential for Stewart to return to being a 28 goal scorer is still there. I'd move him for a good LH d-man in the offseason before teams start to become wary of him. Jack Johnson was always my hope but not now that he is in Columbus.

Halak Ness Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 01:29 PM
BlueDream

Whoever plays Schwartz over Stewart is bat**** crazy IMO. Stewart needs to be in the lineup. He still is one of our better natural goal-scorers, has solid speed, and provides toughness and a willingness to stick up for teammates which we will need with Crombeen and Reaves likely not playing much in the postseason. Schwartz has played what, 5 games? And he should be in the lineup over Stewart? No. I understand the Blues are burning a year on his ELC but I don't care. Maybe the Blues should have thought of that. Look, I'm happy for Schwartz but don't think his signing was completely necessary. Stewart is much more suited to play in the playoffs (he was good with Colorado in 2009) than a 19-year old kid who has barely gotten used to life as an NHL player. Schwartz has scored 2 goals but let's not act like he's been the 2nd coming of Jesus here. He's had some blown defensive assignments and isn't exactly the best player on the ice. Frankly he may not be ready for the playoff-style game and should be one of the candidates to sit.

Here are my playoff lines:

Steen-Backes-Oshie
McDonald-Berglund-Perron
D'Agostini-Arnott-Stewart
Sobotka-Nichol-Langenbrunner

D'Agostini and Schwartz IMO are the 2 guys that will battle for the last spot but if I had to choose I'd pick D'Ags to be honest.

Then guys like Porter, Reaves, Crombeen have done a solid job but there probably just won't be any room for them.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Frenzy1

I have to agree with the Pro Stewie crowd. Nothing against, Jaden, but we will need physical play in the post season - and that is something that Stewie provides.

I think you will see Steen on a line w/ Arnott and Langs.

My best guess is this assuming Andy McDonald is ready to do.

Perron, Backes, Oshie
Stewie, Berglund, McDonald (If McDonald can't go, then Jaden)
Steen, Arnott, Langs (Vet line that plays very well together)
Sobotka, Nichol, D'Ago/Reaves/Porter

I also think that D'Ago may wind up being the odd man out - and guys like Porter, Reaves, wind up in the lineup.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote