HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sick Cat: looking for a vet

Old
03-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

vCash: 500
Sick Cat: looking for a vet

Anyone know of a vet in town (Ottawa or Gatineau) that's open either this afternoon or tomorrow? All the vets I know of closed at 1:00 and aren't open tomorrow.

Thanks a bunch!!

Buck Aki Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 12:33 PM
SenatorsHockey
Sweet hockey body

You could try the Alta Vista animal hospital.

http://www.avah.on.ca/

They have people there 24 hrs. I hope this helps. Good luck!

SenatorsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 12:38 PM
playasRus

vCash: 50
Cat hospital open today til 4
http://www.cathospitals.net/

playasRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 01:11 PM
KA BLAMO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicaFan View Post
You could try the Alta Vista animal hospital.

http://www.avah.on.ca/

They have people there 24 hrs. I hope this helps. Good luck!
Came here to post this.

KA BLAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 01:26 PM
4thliner*

How can you tell if a cat is sick besides serous illness i.e. reduced mobility body temp etc.?

Obviously never owned a cat, but I like them better than dogs.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Bileur

Ottawa Veterinary hospital is also a 24/7 animal hospital.

http://ottawavet.com/

Keep in mind that the 24h/ emergency vets usually charge roughly $75 as an emergency fee , I don't know if the cat hospital charges that, might be worth checking them out.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Goat Boy
In support of BMurr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
Cat hospital open today til 4
http://www.cathospitals.net/
A bit late, but I've been to the Merivale one and had a great experience.
<--- She had a great time there.

I've been to the 24 Ottawa Vetrinary Hospital, and wasn't as happy with it, but if you need emergency care, you need emergency care.
<--- She didn't like it there.

Both are on the expensive side, though, as will be any emergency vet. The vets in Gatineau are cheaper, but I can't evaluate the quality of their service.

Goat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

Thanks for the tips guys; we were able to find one nearby that was open until 4, so we popped in. But we'll keep them in mind if we're ever in a pinch at an odd hour

Cat no. 2 of 3 (my girlfriend calls her Sasha) has crystals in her urine and was bleeding from ..... down there. Again. She was on meds and special food for several weeks the first time around, and it started up right after we finished the food and meds we were given.

Buck Aki Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 05:06 PM
Goat Boy
In support of BMurr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Aki Berg View Post
Cat no. 2 of 3 (my girlfriend calls her Sasha) has crystals in her urine and was bleeding from ..... down there. Again. She was on meds and special food for several weeks the first time around, and it started up right after we finished the food and meds we were given.
Did the vet say what the problem was? It could be chronic dehydration or something.

Goat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:25 PM
crockpot

Sasha might need to be on special food for the rest of her life as it sounds like she's prone to crystals. If that helps her (and she likes it) it's an easy fix although possibly more expensive than other foods.

I had a 5 year old male cat (Charlie) that had that problem. It's much more common in male cats. I had a helluva time with him. He was constantly peeing blood and I kept bringing him to the vet and putting him on meds. I had 3 other cats at the time and I had to keep him in a separate room as he couldn't use the regular litter in case it might exascerbate the problem. After a month of him being in isolation (I slept in the room with him to keep him company) I brought him back in to the vet (once again) and she said she'd put a catheter in him and try to flush him out . . . wellllll . . . she burst his bladder while she was trying to do that and had to operate on him to close the bladder.

After staying at the vets for a few days he came home and I never had that problem again. He lived to be 15 and passed away from cancer.

I'm not saying this will happen to your Sasha but I know what you're going through and it's not fun.

Hopefully you'll have an easier time of it.

crockpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 09:00 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Aki Berg View Post
Thanks for the tips guys; we were able to find one nearby that was open until 4, so we popped in. But we'll keep them in mind if we're ever in a pinch at an odd hour

I don't have much to contribute, unfortunately, but I just want to say, I have 2 cats of my own, and love them like they were my own children. I hope Sasha is able to get through this, one way or the other, and live a long and healthy life. Best of luck.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote