HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL: XXVIII

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2012, 06:47 PM
RangerBlues

vCash: 500
Its only fitting that the Iceprancers will end up homeless.

I feel so warm and fuzzy.

Old
03-30-2012, 06:53 PM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
IMO, you cant consider yourself a Rangers fan if you turn a blind eye to the Isles-Rangers rivalry, or not attempt to understand everything about the rivalry.

I was 2 years old when JP Parise scored to upset the Rangers. Yet to this day, I know that goal is the most significant goal in the history of the Islanders' franchise, maybe more than Bobby Nystrom or Kenny Morrow or Pat Lafontaine or Dave Volek or Shawn Bates.

The Isles-Rangers rivalry were the Punic Wars IMO. Rome and Carthage. The Rangers were NHL royalty until that Parise goal. The Isles became NHL royalty a few years later.

The reason why Rangers fans should hate the Islanders is because of tghe torment of watching them dominate the NHL for 5 straight postseasons. All those seasons came at our expense. The Rangers had good teams in the 1980s. But you'd never know it because the Isles were uberdominant -- arguably the most dominant team in over any 5-year stretch in NHL history.

The "1940" chants. The "New York Rangers -- 1940 Stanley Cup Champions" t-shirts they sold at the Mausoleum. All the back-stabbning Rangers fans in the 1980s who switched sides.

I hate the Islanders. I always will. I have zero sympathy for them, for their fans, for their employees or for Long Island. I am so glad they have sucked for so long, and I'm even happier that the institution of a salary cap (something Isles fans cried about for years) has done absolutely nothing for the Islanders as a franchise and has done wonders for the Rangers.

**** the Islanders......"What's Red, white and Blue and plays golf in April????????

Remember that one? Shoe's on the other foot.

No playoff series victories in 19 years.
AMEN Brother.

To this day I remember being greeted coming home from work by a bunch snotty bandwagon teens, who lived in my neighborhood, chanting 1940. Every Friggin day! They'd stand outside my first floor window late at night chanting their wretched team name, laughing. That team can't lose enough. Top if off with a cherry of them relocating and I can die in peace. Who's laughing now? I despise them and that stink hole they play in.

OK, I feel better now.

Old
03-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Cmox

Anyone catch this post from the main board? It's one of the funnier things I've read here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan
Burke deserves to stay because he has assembled the greatest group of prospects ever, which is led by Nazem Kadri and Joe Colborne. He also added 4 future vezina candidate goalies to the system making it the deepest group in the NHL, not that it matters since Reimer will bounce back and be the top 5 goalie he was before he went down with injury(check his October stats he's that good). Burke has made amazing trades like future Noris winner Jake Gardiner and true number 1 defenseman Dion Phaneuf. If you add their record from October to January this year and February to April last year the Maple Leafs win the Stanley cup.

I don't see why anyone would even think about firing him.

Old
03-30-2012, 07:48 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

If you take away all the games the Rangers lost this year, they'd be UNDEFEATED! What are these people thinking?

Old
03-30-2012, 07:55 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Pittsburgh and Buffalo are tied at 1. Malkin got his 48th, should get 50.

Old
03-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
If you take away all the games the Rangers lost this year, they'd be UNDEFEATED! What are these people thinking?
I think he's mocking a leaf's fans way of thinking, hahaha

Old
03-30-2012, 08:20 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Buffalo ties it at 2-2

Old
03-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

lol, they're chanting "let's go blue jays" at the leafs game

Old
03-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

How is it that this website blocks the dictionary definition word for a child born out of wedlock, but the constant references on the Devils board to Sam as "Nosen" are cool? I'm not super PC by any means but that seems pretty obvious in its genesis.

Old
03-30-2012, 09:05 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billionaire Bot View Post
How is it that this website blocks the dictionary definition word for a child born out of wedlock, but the constant references on the Devils board to Sam as "Nosen" are cool? I'm not super PC by any means but that seems pretty obvious in its genesis.
Because the generic swear filter doesn't know that "nosen" is making fun of the fact that he's jewish.

Old
03-30-2012, 09:52 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
C'mon buffalo, get your heads out of your ***** and tie it up....

Old
03-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
I think he's mocking a leaf's fans way of thinking, hahaha
He was lol. Some of you people need sarcasm detectors

Old
03-31-2012, 12:07 AM
Nostaalgic

may be weird that i say this but..
kinda glad Buffalo beat the Pens. I am overly confident that we will lock up the #1 spot and I would much rather play the Caps then i would Buffalo in the first round

Old
03-31-2012, 12:14 AM
BlessThisMess513

Completely off topic, but if any one in here has watched the 3rd series of Spartacus (awesome show!) doesn't that dude Asher look exactly like Gaborik? It's pretty weird.
http://www.coolorama.com/wp-content/...x3851.jpg1.jpg -Asher

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bostworld/4321609989/-Gaborik

Old
03-31-2012, 12:46 AM
SnowblindNYR

So are we rooting for Philly tomorrow because unless some miracle happens they're not catching us and we want them to get 4th against the Pens?

Old
03-31-2012, 01:02 AM
Kane One

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
So are we rooting for Philly tomorrow because unless some miracle happens they're not catching us and we want them to get 4th against the Pens?
I think the best thing to do is hope the loser of this game wins in their next match-up, preferably both in regulation.

03-31-2012, 02:06 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
BTW, speaking of the Islanders watch the Isle Pens game. They changed their music, they're using Chicago's I believe. I actually love Chicago's music. They still kept the ridiculous "woo woo woo". Do Islanders fans actually approve of the "woo woo woo"? It's ridiculously annoying.
They use Crowd Chant by Joe Satriani which is most notably Minnesota's goal song. I personally love it as a goal song but it's starting to be overused by a lot of teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yes, it's annoying and obnoxious when you hear it after being scored on. So if I'm an Isles fan i'd probably love it. lol
Best is the woo's after we score at the Garden against the Isles. Seems like they last a good five minutes

03-31-2012, 03:29 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
They use Crowd Chant by Joe Satriani which is most notably Minnesota's goal song. I personally love it as a goal song but it's starting to be overused by a lot of teams.

Best is the woo's after we score at the Garden against the Isles. Seems like they last a good five minutes
Yep, it's a fantastic goal song.

But like you said, I'm glad we have our own unique song.

Old
03-31-2012, 10:52 AM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
I came to ask the same question. That, and I personally want Ottawa to fall to 8th so we don't have to play the Capitals or Sabres. I think we should worry about securing home ice first, though.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:12 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

I think we should all root for Philly today and here's my logic; let them get to two points of Pittsburgh again and then come out absolutely pumped for tomorrow's game so they can take care of Pittsburgh.

I also hope the Islanders/Bruins is a hard fought game with a lot of brawls and goes to a shooutout. Let the Bruins get softened up for tomorrow. What is the Bruins goalie situation? They gonna start Thomas in back to backs or go Turco today/Thomas tomorrow or vice versa?

Old
03-31-2012, 11:40 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Turco today, Thomas tomorrow per Zipay.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:06 PM
Two Tone Malone
Neopolitan Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Turco today, Thomas tomorrow per Zipay.
Is he sure? Turco isn't as affected by the Garden lights as Timmay.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:17 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
AMEN Brother.

To this day I remember being greeted coming home from work by a bunch snotty bandwagon teens, who lived in my neighborhood, chanting 1940. Every Friggin day! They'd stand outside my first floor window late at night chanting their wretched team name, laughing. That team can't lose enough. Top if off with a cherry of them relocating and I can die in peace. Who's laughing now? I despise them and that stink hole they play in.

OK, I feel better now.
If the Isles moved to Brooklyn, the rivalry would be greater. Especially since they are 2 years away from being a possible cup contender. It would really bring back that hatred. I for one like the Isles being in New York because I like the rivalry. I like hating them.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
If the Isles moved to Brooklyn, the rivalry would be greater. Especially since they are 2 years away from being a possible cup contender. It would really bring back that hatred. I for one like the Isles being in New York because I like the rivalry. I like hating them.
2 years away? They have no secondary scoring, no defense, no goaltending. Not to mention that Wang and Snow just can't build a proper team.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:34 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
2 years away? They have no secondary scoring, no defense, no goaltending. Not to mention that Wang and Snow just can't build a proper team.
Yeah, typically you have to make the playoffs once before you're actually considered a contender. In fairness he did say "possible cup contender." But still, let's see them playing in mid April before we include them in that conversation.

Closed Thread