Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Inline skate question..

03-21-2012, 04:25 PM
vCash: 500
Inline skate question..

Thinking about picking up a new pair of inline skates..Have not used a pair in about 10 years..I used a pair for transportation during childhood and played in a roller hockey league at point for 2 years so I was a pretty fluent skater.. in the past I used a pair of Mission roller hockey skates indoors/outdoors during my childhood..I do not like the style/look of the fitness roller blades and I am not into the flashy colors..I was thinking of picking up a pair of Mission Axiom A3's as I like the low profile standard hockey skate look

But I would be using them only outdoors..almost as a training/cardio thing to better my on ice skating..would maybe put harder outdoor wheels if I had too..

Long story short should I look into an ugly fitness roller blade or use a stylish hockey skate just because I think it looks cool

vapor11 is offline   Reply With Quote
03-23-2012, 08:07 AM
Since you will be outside the only real difference to be had is the wheels. generally you can use whatever skate you want, the chasis generally use the same wheel sizes. the A3 series already comes with outdoor grade wheels, so you are set there. Other than that its personal preference and cost. I personally would pick the inline skates simply because I love hockey and would want to imitate it as much as possible

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
03-23-2012, 08:16 AM
I don't see any reason to use those goofy fitness skates, especially since the boot of a roller hockey skate will be more like what you're already used to.

hockeymass is offline   Reply With Quote
03-24-2012, 06:56 PM
I would use the inline skates too. Just make sure you get the outdoor wheels and keep the bearings clean. Plus, you'll be prepared if you happen to come across a game of roller hockey.

SMR is offline   Reply With Quote
03-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Be sure to rotate your wheels periodically to minimize uneven wear.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote