HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets @ Capitals | Fri Mar 23 | 6PM CST | Verizon Center | Game 74 | "The Capital Job"

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

vCash: 50
Jets uncharacteristically dominate a team on the road...umm...Jets give up the first goal, but then surge and win 6-1 vs a sleepy Caps team. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Old
03-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
A bit OT but last Friday as I was getting ready for our clash with the Caps I was really nervous in anticipation and had butterflies all day...........today I don't feel any nerves at all? Perhaps a touch of apathy is setting in but it sure is more relaxing

I think I am kind of getting to the point where I feel we don't have much left to lose anymore. Two more talented teams "on paper" are between us and the last playoff spot now and they are both playing better than we are lately. Throw in the pesky stat that 6 of our last 9 games are on the road where we are close to the worst team in the NHL and two of those 6 games are back to back where we have 1 win in 10 attempts. Normally these things would concern me but strangely they have had the opposite effect on me and I am in the most calm and relaxed state I have been all season.

Don't get me wrong I have not given up I just think I am now looking at the post season as a 10% long shot hail Mary type thing and I am at peace with it.

not sure how everyone else is doing?
Me too. After raging a bit over the Carolina lost, I took a break from posting, didn't even visit the forum before/during/after the Caps game, and now I feel strangely calm. Sounds bad but I'm already looking forward to next season. Only 6.5 months away!

Old
03-23-2012, 10:34 AM
TCsmyth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Read one quote down

I thought you lived in Edmonton not Winnipeg

Yes the painting is long done

She said last night... I need to go shopping tomorrow when i get home from work... stupid me said yes, forgetting and not realizing...

1) we actually played
2) it was an early start to boot

fml
Come on guys...the only direct orders you are supposed to be listening to are from Claude Noel!

Old
03-23-2012, 10:35 AM
GrandChelems

vCash: 2209
Quote:
A bit OT but last Friday as I was getting ready for our clash with the Caps I was really nervous in anticipation and had butterflies all day...........today I don't feel any nerves at all? Perhaps a touch of apathy is setting in but it sure is more relaxing

I think I am kind of getting to the point where I feel we don't have much left to lose anymore. Two more talented teams "on paper" are between us and the last playoff spot now and they are both playing better than we are lately. Throw in the pesky stat that 6 of our last 9 games are on the road where we are close to the worst team in the NHL and two of those 6 games are back to back where we have 1 win in 10 attempts. Normally these things would concern me but strangely they have had the opposite effect on me and I am in the most calm and relaxed state I have been all season.

Don't get me wrong I have not given up I just think I am now looking at the post season as a 10% long shot hail Mary type thing and I am at peace with it.

As long as that's not how the players feel ...

I'm pretty tense ... I think this is my playoffs. Say what you want ... lower level, not the same, etc. ... but I've been pretty used to playoff hockey in Winnipeg this time of year.

Old
03-23-2012, 10:37 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Dr. Drej has got this.

Old
03-23-2012, 10:38 AM
TCsmyth

Quote:

Brad, I was ok until reading your post - now I'm nervous as hell! I didn't realize we were not in a playoff spot!? Gotta throw up

Old
03-23-2012, 11:00 AM
MadMen88

Great GDT!

Well guys, this is it.

Old
03-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Not feeling good about this game. Every time I think this team has taken the next step, they take a step back.

I just have to come to the realization that they just aren't ready for it this year.

I have a good feeling about next season though

03-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I'll be able to watch the first half of the game, then I'm off to see my cousin play (drummer for Propagandhi). That's literally the only thing that could make me miss some of a game.

03-23-2012, 11:13 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I'll be able to watch the first half of the game, then I'm off to see my cousin play (drummer for Propagandhi). That's literally the only thing that could make me miss some of a game.
Cool!

I didn't even know they were still playing, until I drove past the Walker after work earlier this week.

Old
03-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Jones back in for Clitsome.

Old
03-23-2012, 11:18 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
As long as that's not how the players feel ...

I'm pretty tense ... I think this is my playoffs. Say what you want ... lower level, not the same, etc. ... but I've been pretty used to playoff hockey in Winnipeg this time of year.
yea I agree this has been my playoffs all the way along here and probably peaking last Friday night! I definitely don't think this is how the team feels and I sure hope not.

Old
03-23-2012, 11:20 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
Brad, I was ok until reading your post - now I'm nervous as hell! I didn't realize we were not in a playoff spot!? Gotta throw up

Old
03-23-2012, 11:22 AM
IMckay

Quote:

I'm getting really close to being there with you. I thought that's how I was feeling last game against the Pens, because I felt that exact way before the game AND I expected a loss so I was pretty apathetic. However, during the actual game and afterwards I still felt that pain of a loss in a tight playoff race =p I think I'm clinging on to this game as a last straw, and if we lose it then I'll finally put my hopes to rest =p

Old
03-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Soble

Quote:
Sweeeeeet, my cousin is putting on that show, but fortunately I live in Toronto (and not quite my genre, too old) so I am not required to attend and can watch the game.

I echo the statements earlier, last week I was pumped, nervous, etc. Today? Meh, the playoffs at this stage would be a nice miracle to have but at the same time, finishing 8th and getting slaughtered by Pitts would almost be less fun than not making it....

Old
03-23-2012, 11:39 AM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

This is the season. If we lose we're are basically eliminated from the playoffs, disregarding a small miracle.
If we win, we are right back in the mix of things.

Go Jets Go!

Old
03-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Traded shifts just to watch this one, don't disappoint!

Last edited by Winnipeg Jets: 03-23-2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: damn autocorrect
Old
03-23-2012, 11:45 AM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Jones back in for Clitsome.
Well that's good, since Clitsome did suck a terrible job last time he played against Ovechkin.

Old
03-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Probably the most crucial 6-1 victory of the season.

Let's hope they don't fall off the edge.

Old
03-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Cool!

I didn't even know they were still playing, until I drove past the Walker after work earlier this week.
Oh they are, and they'll have a new album coming out very soon.

Old
03-23-2012, 11:53 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Oh they are, and they'll have a new album coming out very soon.
awesome stuff!

Old
03-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
The Jets are 3-1-1 against Washington so far this year, including a win on the road in Washington IIRC.

The Jets can and will win this game.

Old
03-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
The time has now arrived for some of that sweet Rad Jets Guy pregame good mojo...

Old
03-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Aerial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Not feeling good about this game. Every time I think this team has taken the next step, they take a step back.

I just have to come to the realization that they just aren't ready for it this year.

I have a good feeling about next season though
I feel the same way. I can't remember when I accepted that it wasn't going to happen (though I'd love for them to prove me wrong), but I did. I just hope we get some fun games here in the home stretch and the guys get a chance to cap off what has been a very memorable year in a positive way.

Old
03-23-2012, 12:54 PM
SensibleGuy

man its really too bad this team hasn't been able to do much on the road this year. 2 or 3 more road wins over the season and they'd be in much better shape right now. Actually, I bet if Buff isn't out for a month we're at least two wins better at this point...

that said, I could see tonights game going either way really. The Jets might come out flat and get roasted. But they might come out and roll right over the Caps. They are sorta due for a good game actually...

Closed Thread