04-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafer97 View Post
Would you do Kessel for 1st(5th overall) and Clutterbuck
Sounds like a deal worth considering to me. Kessel is pretty solid.

Old
04-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

vCash: 500
Imagine your lineup with getting Parise also, you might have to throw something in because of that: Parise-Granlund-Kessel

YES! You WON!

Old
04-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafer97 View Post
Imagine your lineup with getting Parise also, you might have to throw something in because of that: Parise-Granlund-Kessel

YES! You WON!
Well we would complete this trade before we had a chance at Parise, unless we trade for his negotiating rights I think.

Old
04-01-2012, 11:00 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

we jump from 4th to 7th in one night! stop winning wild!

Old
04-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
we jump from 4th to 7th in one night! stop winning wild!
Well if we lose our remaining games and everyone below us wins at least one, we can get back to 4th. 3rd and 2nd tho are pretty much pipe dreams at this point because both the Habs and Oilers would need to win all their remaining games to get to 79 points and pass us. Highly, highly unlikely.

Great job wrecking everything, Wild.

Old
04-01-2012, 11:33 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Draft Position Elimination Number

14th - Eliminated
13th - Eliminated
12th - Eliminated
11th - Eliminated
10th - 3 points
9th - 5 points
8th - 6 points
7th - Current
6th - 6 points
5th - 6 points
4th - 6 points
3rd - 2 points
2nd - 2 points
1st - Eliminated

Did this quickly but it should be right.

Old
04-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

If there would be any way to make me depressed, it would be to look at that sheet. Where did #2 go?

Old
04-01-2012, 11:36 PM
forthewild

this team is just ****ing annoying, i'm sorry but there is nothing to gain at this point, guys busting their ass like it matters. yup you should have done that **** ****ing two months ago when it did ****ing matter you dick *****. now we are all about character and work ethic, **** that ****.

the only thing we have learned is just how much this team NEEDS koivu, we cannot do anything with out him, but he shouldn't have been allowed to come back. he should have been sat and told we are not going to risk him to injury so he can play 5 ****ing games. **** all this.

being a minnesota sports fan feel like being barraged by punches to your no no spot. let me find a gif.

Last edited by forthewild: 04-01-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old
04-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Dee Oh Cee

Wowzer.

Old
04-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
this team is just ****ing annoying, i'm sorry but there is nothing to gain at this point, guys busting their ass like it matters. yup you should have done that **** ****ing two months ago when it did ****ing matter you dick *****. now we are all about character and work ethic, **** that ****.

the only thing we have learned is just how much this team NEEDS koivu, we cannot do anything with out him, but he shouldn't have been allowed to come back. he should have been sat and told we are not going to risk him to injury so he can play 5 ****ing games. **** all this.
Upset?

Old
04-01-2012, 11:41 PM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Upset?
i just wish the team would make up its mind. you want to check out fine, but don't come back with 5 games left and spoil the only good thing the fans have left.

i just hope we somehow end up with a decent player i really am sick of always having to look forward to next year.

Old
04-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
i just wish the team would make up its mind. you want to check out fine, but don't come back with 5 games left and spoil the only good thing the fans have left.

i just hope we somehow end up with a decent player i really am sick of always having to look forward to next year.
Totally agree. We can't even lose right. Its stupid. You'd think the top players that are guaranteed a spot next year would recognize this and let up. Guess they like mediocrity more than we thought.

Old
04-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Dee Oh Cee

I don't want a player who would 'let up' on my team.

Old
04-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!

We should just change our motto to "Picking 10th From Now Until Eternity" because you just know they'll somehow "earn" 10th.

Bunch of morons.

Should have told Koivu to get absolutely healthy. I still don't trust his shoulder. Yeah he looks fine now but for all we know hes one solid check away from dislocating it or something. Absolutely not worth it.

It would have been completely reasonable to leave him out for the sake of health and it would have also contributed to the overall long term betterment of the team to have him absolutely, 100%, no question about it healed for next season.

Old
04-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Oh Cee View Post
I don't want a player who would 'let up' on my team.
But, right now, you NEED it.

Old
04-01-2012, 11:49 PM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Totally agree. We can't even lose right. Its stupid. You'd think the top players that are guaranteed a spot next year would recognize this and let up. Guess they like mediocrity more than we thought.
no you don't even have to let up. you just rest the guys who are too valuable, guys like koivu and give an extended look to the AHL expiring contracts, its good that these guys are still trying shows something even if they did suck with out koiuv.

look at it this way, Vikes were trying to get that moral win, what did it cost them, they are picking 3rd and AP the only good offensive force we have tore his ACL, for what one ****ing win?

you rest backstrom, you rest koivu, its a business decision, do we really want to chance someone running koivu and hurting him? **** no, plus we need to see which of our AHLers we need to keep around and which to cut loose.

i mean this almost same team hung out hackett to dry, now they have this pride. it really shows koivu is the only guy who should have anything close to a letter on this team.

Old
04-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Dee Oh Cee

I think resting Koivu is a lot more complicated than it sounds. He's such a competitor and he just wants to play so bad...do you want to be the guy to tell him we're having you sit out the rest of the season? To tell him that he cannot do his job even though he feels as though he is perfectly capable of doing so? You're getting a frustrated captain out of that scenario...and it's something that would best be avoided IMO.

Old
04-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!

Quote:
no you don't even have to let up. you just rest the guys who are too valuable, guys like koivu and give an extended look to the AHL expiring contracts, its good that these guys are still trying shows something even if they did suck with out koiuv.

look at it this way, Vikes were trying to get that moral win, what did it cost them, they are picking 3rd and AP the only good offensive force we have tore his ACL, for what one ****ing win?

you rest backstrom, you rest koivu, its a business decision, do we really want to chance someone running koivu and hurting him? **** no, plus we need to see which of our AHLers we need to keep around and which to cut loose.

i mean this almost same team hung out hackett to dry, now they have this pride. it really shows koivu is the only guy who should have anything close to a letter on this team.
We can't just call up AHLers and let them all play like you seem to imply. We're out of non-emergency callups. Each team is allowed like 4 or something between the trade deadline and playoffs. We burned through ours. If we want to call someone up we have to do so on an emergency basis. That's why we can't call up a defenseman if Foster is healthy enough to skate, even tho he really has no business skating with his back out, etc, etc.

Quote:
I think resting Koivu is a lot more complicated than it sounds. He's such a competitor and he just wants to play so bad...do you want to be the guy to tell him we're having you sit out the rest of the season? To tell him that he cannot do his job even though he feels as though he is perfectly capable of doing so? You're getting a frustrated captain out of that scenario...and it's something that would best be avoided IMO.
Someone has to bite the bullet. Present it to Koivu as a challenge to come to camp in the best shape he has ever been in so he can go into ****ing beast mode for all of next year. Tell him to get healthy, rested, and conditioned over the offseason. Have him competing to beat his personal bests.

There has to be some way to make that decision and get him on board with what's best for this franchise as far as he is concerned: him not risking injury in meaningless games and getting healthy in the offseason.

Old
04-01-2012, 11:57 PM
forthewild

Quote:
yeah pretty much this. i just hope morgan rielly falls to us and just turns out to be a steal.

like i said koivu showed he is a number 1 center and the only captain this team has.

Old
04-02-2012, 12:00 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
We can't just call up AHLers and let them all play like you seem to imply. We're out of non-emergency callups. Each team is allowed like 4 or something between the trade deadline and playoffs. We burned through ours. If we want to call someone up we have to do so on an emergency basis. That's why we can't call up a defenseman if Foster is healthy enough to skate, even tho he really has no business skating with his back out, etc, etc.

Someone has to bite the bullet. Present it to Koivu as a challenge to come to camp in the best shape he has ever been in so he can go into ****ing beast mode for all of next year. Tell him to get healthy, rested, and conditioned over the offseason. Have him competing to beat his personal bests.

There has to be some way to make that decision and get him on board with what's best for this franchise as far as he is concerned: him not risking injury in meaningless games and getting healthy in the offseason.
yeah tell him to get rested up for the World Championships.

too band most of our team couldn't get that flu Granlund seems to have.

Old
04-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!

Quote:
yeah tell him to get rested up for the World Championships.

too band most of our team couldn't get that flu Granlund seems to have.
I dont think I want our team to get Granlunds flu because it seems to be lingering a lot longer than any flu would.

Old
04-02-2012, 12:05 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
I dont think I want our team to get Granlunds flu because it seems to be lingering a lot longer than any flu would.
hahah he's so awesome he's got his own flu now. can you make some awesome "granlund flu" avatar?

come to think of it, koivu was out with some undisclosed injury and granlund has the "flu"

did they share a woman or something? something is fishy here, didn't koivu have his "mysterious injury" about the time of WJC?

Old
04-02-2012, 12:08 AM
forthewild

ok so lets just assume for the moment wild draft 10th because well we can't have nice things.

hypothetical, not necessarily in order

yakupov
galchenyuk
grigorenko
murray
dumba
trouba
rielly
forsberg
ceci

lets say all those are taken. with Faksa being injured with a concussion, who do we take.

i would think we try to move down at that point don't we?

Old
04-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
ok so lets just assume for the moment wild draft 10th because well we can't have nice things.

hypothetical, not necessarily in order

yakupov
galchenyuk
grigorenko
murray
dumba
trouba
rielly
forsberg
ceci

lets say all those are taken. with Faksa being injured with a concussion, who do we take.

i would think we try to move down at that point don't we?
Honestly, I think we have another year left of mediocrity before we start an annual attending playoffs. If there is a way for us to move up without hindering the future, we should take it, and if we get a reasonable offer for the 10th pick we take it. This franchise needs to make a bigger splash than last year to reinvigorate the fanbase. Last off-season was huge, it created a lot of buzz. However, we do know that a lot of people that follow hockey, only follow the NHL. They don't pay attention to prospects or what pick we have, they only care about seeing a win that night. We need Parise or Suter to sign here. Do I think they will? No. Chances are they won't, even though the future looks bright. I think we have to move up in the draft and take an NHL ready-prospect or a big-name player. Otherwise, this team will be seeing more and more empty seats than they'd like. And Leipold, being the person that will pay to not lose, I think he is more than willing to throw some money around to do it.

tldr; We need to acquire a money maker this summer and get us out of this rut. We're starting to look the god damn Maple Leafs.

Closed Thread