HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

There is a game tonight - Carolina

Old
03-23-2012, 08:44 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
keeping him fresh for the playoffs...
Cruel.

On a happier note, RJ did some late season stat padding when it didn't matter.
Positively Nash-esque.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 08:45 PM
jacketsinDC

they looked really good in the third. i hope they manage to sign a defenseman for JJ so he doesn't have to get paired with lebda/savard/a. johnson next year- he is doing well now but going into another season pairing him with tyutin or wiz even is asking for it.

jacketsinDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:09 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Oilers won tonight.

CBJBrassard16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:12 PM
CBJCougar

I love it when we win.

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:14 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

Only 4 pages for a 5-1 win? I missed it, sadly, but looks like Mase played well again!

gojackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:22 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

The Jackets' three hat tricks this season have come on the 21st, 22nd, and 23rd of months.

Useless stuff to supplement your enjoyment of a win.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:28 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
The Jackets' three hat tricks this season have come on the 21st, 22nd, and 23rd of months.

Useless stuff to supplement your enjoyment of a win.
A natural hat trick hat trick.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:29 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
Only 4 pages for a 5-1 win? I missed it, sadly, but looks like Mase played well again!
I'm not so sure I'd jump to that conclusion. He made initial stops well but there were tons of rebounds. He was fortunate that our defense decided to help clear them tonight rather than leave them for the opposing team like they normally do.

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Positives:
Good first saves by Mason.
Jack Johnson looks like a stud, I agree he needs a defensive partner.
Savard looked real good.
Letestu looked great with faceoffs, passing, and his goal.
Umberger got rewarded.
Atkinson has a great puck possession game.
Prospal, Brassard were both good.

Negatives:
Mason's rebounds
Moore looked shaky
We had too many bad turnovers
Johansen and Nash played hard but weren't very noticeable (except for Nash's dance around 4 Canes players).

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:34 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
I'm not so sure I'd jump to that conclusion. He made initial stops well but there were tons of rebounds. He was fortunate that our defense decided to help clear them tonight rather than leave them for the opposing team like they normally do.
It's progress Fan. Working as a team seems to work.

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Oilers won tonight.
Let's see, the Oil have a 14 point lead on the Jackets with eight more games for the Jackets to play. I know that the Jackets have a game in hand on the Oil, but essentially this is a seven game lead for the Oil with about 7 or 8 games to play. Another win by the Oil or loss by the Jackets should just about wrap up the worst record in the NHL for our beloved team.

The Jackets played well tonight, too bad they didn't play this way early in the season, but you know what they say, these games are really all a mirage. Fools gold. Don't let the good play fool us, this is still a bad hockey team with bad goaltending. And we did play Carolina tonight, a bad team who has had a good run of late.

Nice win. Soon we will be enjoying the wins and not having to worry about winning too much to clinch either the first or second pick of the draft

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 2400
15, 085 was the crowd number tonight, an outstanding turnout for a team playing out the string. Who said this isn't a hockey town? Kudos to the great fans of Columbus!

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Anyone here wearing a F.A.N.s. tee at the Glass section 111 for the first 2 periods?

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:23 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

For whoever asked in the chat (think it was HoldFast), the last CBJ loss to Carolina was 12-15-2005, a 2-1 loss in Raleigh.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:30 PM
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to scoob4093
How many Jackets got hurt tonight ? The O-U was 1 1/2.

scoob4093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

RyJo did some good things tonight despite what some posters would have you believe. That said, you could see him sucking wind every time he came to the bench. When he gets in shape, fills out and gets some regular linemates (or a regular linemate) he's going to be good. I doln't know that that will be next season.

RJ made a nice play along the bords in the d-zone early. I told my buddy that's a good start but he needs to score a goal. You're welcome.

Couldn't read their lips but Boll and Allen were chirping quite a bit in the third, especialy during stoppages in play.

Nice snap shot by Letestu for his goal but Ward looked half-hearted. He looked to the bench like "another 2-on-1?"

Brassard = passing. Also, Brass was smiling and laughing and shaking his head during the stoppage in play right after Nash's dipsy doo. Very expressive tonight.

Liking Dorsett's work handling the puck and in front of the net.

Mase decent but not outstanding. Defense and forwards did a nice job on Canes' sticks. Canes helped by missing a couple opporunities.

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassé: 03-23-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Double-Shift Lassé is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 11:17 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 398
One of the funnest games I've been to in quite some time.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Just stopping by to say that Brassard`s keep-in before Umberger`s goal was unheard of. If someone has a gif, PM me.

I`m happy to see you win some games. Hockey gods should be fair to you and help you win the draft lottery. Good luck during the draft/offseason and next year.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 11:56 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Only the second time I have ever tossed my hat. It was fun watching it make its way to the ice. It went from me in the upper bowl to the lower bowl in one toss but took a relay of 3 other people in the lower bowl to finally get it on the ice. lol Stopped into the Blue Line right after the game and picked up a matching replacement.

03-24-2012, 12:14 AM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
15, 085 was the crowd number tonight, an outstanding turnout for a team playing out the string. Who said this isn't a hockey town? Kudos to the great fans of Columbus!
I always enjoy the "announced crowds" for Jackets games. Always an enjoyable work of fiction. No more than 6,000 in the house. Lower bowl was a ghost town.

My man RJ I forgot how much I hate his fist pump after he scores, but God Bless Him. The second goal was a testament to his hand/eye coordination... awesome. Brassard really was generous on the hat trick goal, but RJ still had to convert it.

Mason would have had a shutout, but his glove had a manufacturing defect causing him to drop the puck on the initial shot. The equipment manager had best step it up.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 12:44 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
I always enjoy the "announced crowds" for Jackets games. Always an enjoyable work of fiction. No more than 6,000 in the house. Lower bowl was a ghost town.

My man RJ I forgot how much I hate his fist pump after he scores, but God Bless Him. The second goal was a testament to his hand/eye coordination... awesome. Brassard really was generous on the hat trick goal, but RJ still had to convert it.

Mason would have had a shutout, but his glove had a manufacturing defect causing him to drop the puck on the initial shot. The equipment manager had best step it up.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 12:47 AM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
How many do you think were there? Didn't look to me that any more than one out of three seats were filled overall.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 07:20 AM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
How many do you think were there? Didn't look to me that any more than one out of three seats were filled overall.
I was in the Sky Terrace for the first time. I thought there was maybe 10,000 in the rink at most so I too was surprised at the 15,000 count.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 07:36 AM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Only the second time I have ever tossed my hat. It was fun watching it make its way to the ice. It went from me in the upper bowl to the lower bowl in one toss but took a relay of 3 other people in the lower bowl to finally get it on the ice. lol Stopped into the Blue Line right after the game and picked up a matching replacement.
I've mainly worn a very old hat (which has some special meaning to me) to games with the hope of giving it a proper burial in the hat bin. Never happened - hadn't been at a hat-trick game yet. Last night, I wear a brand spanking new hat and what do you know.

It was a long way from the Sky Terrace and I lost track of it during the excitement. I'm hopeful that if I had to lose a hat, it made it all the way to the rink. There were a lot of empty seats below us in the upper bowl section behind the net, so it may have ended up in an empty row.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 07:58 AM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

My son tossed a brand new "hats for heores" lid signed just the day before by Johansen, Moore, and Gillies. Grrrr...

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote