HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Mea Culpa about last night

Old
03-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
Mea Culpa about last night

I decided to make a new Thread with this so that everyone will read it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Honest question, do you have to do that because other boards do/you're supposed to, or do we have the option of "defending" our own forums within reason?

I don't mind other fans coming in and talking a little smack to be honest. It's not like it can do any harm to as big a fanbase as ours.
First of all , like you guys know i'm in my second week as a mod. Idk what happend last night , if it was miscommunication or something but i found myself on my own most of the game . it was probably a lack of experience on my part but i can assure you that what happend last night , wont happend again.

Yes , there was a lot of Trolling , Flamming and Mod abuse and that's against the rules.

Quote:
1) Flaming: Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members. Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted. Do not use sweeping generalizations and plural pronouns to cloak personal attacks. For example if a poster(s) states that he thinks 'x' is a good idea, replying that "Anyone who supports 'x' is an idiot" is a personal attack. Do not start threads to call out and embarrass other members; or make posts about ignore lists. Quotes by other members are not to be edited. You may reply to a partial quote, but do not change the quoted content in any way. No one likes to be misrepresented or have words put in their mouth.

2) Trolling: Do not post topics with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against or demean their team, or cheer for their opponent. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Copying posts from one HFBoard team forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling.

17) Moderator Abuse (Attacking/Disobeying the moderators): If you disagree with something the moderators did, fine, disagree and let us know, but do it politely through PM or email ONLY. Complaining on the forums is not permitted. If your thread or post was moved/closed/removed there was a good reason for it. Do not start a new one. Attacking or flaming a moderator via PM is subject to a Moderator Abuse infraction. Be respectful and considerate. Profanity and abusive conduct isn't tolerated.
Do not plead the first amendment and cite your right to free speech. It does not apply to the private sector. This is a privately owned website. Dancing around the rules, purposely skirting them just to see us twitch will not help you out much, either.
< Do not post on behalf of someone who's banned. That'll probably get you banned, too. The idea of being banned is that they're no longer a part of this online forum community and are no longer allowed to interact here. No making threads that give glory to banned people. It's not a violation to mention them in passing but no threads that focus on them. ("Ah, Troll du Jour, I miss him so!" or "Hey, it's Troll du Jour's birthday!") Prohibited threads include "What banned member do you miss/would you bring back?" type of threads. They're banned; don't give them that attention. If a moderator gives you specific instructions in a warning, and you blatantly disregard it, you are subject to being banned.
Like i said in my previous post some people from the other section came to visit us and i took care of it this morning , with the proper actions.

Just a little reminder :

That's what i posted early in the game post 817 GDT part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy
plz guys if a Yotes fan come over , try not to start arguments with him .
I guess not many of you saw that post and the fault was on me for not repeating that warning again and again , to you guys .

I put the blame on myself for not being clear enough and agressive enough, last night . I tried to watch the game at the same time as tried to do my job as a mod, when i was mostly alone to do so . ... I guess it's time for me to shift into another gear , coz what happend last night wont happend again .

If you have any questions my PM box is open .

Thanks

Last edited by Frenchy: 03-23-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 03:59 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 50
I still respect you, Frenchy.

*Bubba has no idea what happened last night...

Bubba Thudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

A person of authority should never apologize. However it's you Frenchy, I'll let it slide.

Don't let your prior position with us impact your moderating. Drop the hammer.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 04:38 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Keep up the good fight Frenchy

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 04:38 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Off with their heads.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Off with their heads.
I love it.

Should be Frenchy's new persona.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 05:51 PM
El_Loco_Avs

vCash: 500
Being a mod is hard as ****. Gotta be tough. You'll get it down with some practice. Laying down the lawwww.

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 06:07 PM
forsbergavs32

vCash: 425
Guess I missed all the excitement...I'm sure you'll get the hang of being a mod Frenchy no worries, just start laying down the shannahammer!

forsbergavs32 is offline   Reply With Quote