HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#74 vs. Buffalo Sabres

Old
03-23-2012, 08:49 PM
Embryo*

vCash: 500
So we will have been in 1st place for like 75 games and will finish in 4th. What a terrible ending to this season. Remember the last time we were hot all season and then fell apart at the end? 2005-06. What happened that year? We lost to the Devils in the first round 4-1. We went from 4th to 6th that year in the last week of the season...going from 1st to 4th is equally as bad, if not worse considering how competitive the top 6 teams are.

Embryo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues

Been finding ways to win all year. But there doesn't seem to be any rabbits left in the hat.

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Embryo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Rangers have 49 NHL contracts... And this is the best offense they can field?

Outta love with Mitchell... Too bad zuke is done. No one really left in hartford other than wellman, newbury and deveaux.. unless kreider signd the 50th and final contract.
Fedotenko

Embryo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDL8981 View Post
Only if Lundqvist goes back into God mode and we win games 1-0/2-1.
i don't worry about lundqvist...i will if he looks like this in the playoffs...but he lives and loves the big games...he won a gold medal in 2006 in the olympics...he will be ready and he will play lights out

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
i don't worry about lundqvist...i will if he looks like this in the playoffs...but he lives and loves the big games...he won a gold medal in 2006 in the olympics...he will be ready and he will play lights out
Chyea. I hope Hank is ok.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

God this place is so depressing. It's as if we're not even gonna compete in the playoffs

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 08:52 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
Staal is absolutely brutal at pinching.
The worst. 5 years in the league and he still has no clue.

The sad part is even when he pinches and beats the guy to the puck, he still fans on it or chips it to the other team.

He had such a good game the other night, too. His inconsistency has been maddening.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dudyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Can Lundqvist please stop letting in 3+ goals every night?
He was ok...but rest of team? No

dudyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?

Anyone blaming Hank for this game is nuts. You can't give up multiple odd man rushes every game. Just because we're inept in those situations doesn't mean other teams are.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 08:53 PM
MDL8981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
I worry about him because his career track record has been for his play to start to dropoff later in the season...and he's never been great for us in the playoffs. I used to rationalize it as "he's worn down, he plays so much in the reg season". Not an excuse this year.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Maineice11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
God this place is so depressing. It's as if we're not even gonna compete in the playoffs
well we are so close to being number 1 in the division/conference and perhaps the league and i know i do, i'm sure others still have a bad taste in their mouth misssing #1 in the division in the 05-06 season...i dont want to go through that again

Old
03-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Mitchell needs stop trying to be a playmaker. Constantly over handling, holding onto it for too long, trying to force plays. He's lucky it hasn't cost us more, to be honest. Im a big fan of Mitchell when he's cycling and playing strong defensive hockey. When he tries to do more than that, he's less valuable. The success will actually come more to a guy like him when he's trying to do less and just keeping it simple.

Weird game too...how many times did the puck end up on the back of the net? At least 8-9 times. Very strange, lol.

We had a great effort, and just missed on a lot of chances. If we play the same way against Toronto, we should get 2 points. Please let Henke play a god damn back to back for once. We need this game. Also, let's hope Ottawa does us a favor and beats on the Pens tomorrow.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 08:55 PM
ltrangerfan

Is the team a bit fatigued?

First 60 games a GA roughly at 2? Rangers hung in while keeping the goals against down. They almost always were the better team in the 3rd.

Now: Giving up 3+ goals. Losing the 3rd fairly often.

PP -- No better.

Defense-- Pressing? Losing their edge? Tired? Complete team defensive game has slipped from forwards back.

Goaltending- Giving up 1 bad goal a game. Fatigue?

We are seeing a team more like the 2010-2011 team.

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 08:56 PM
ThisYearsModel

One round and out again. Hope it is not Philly that knocks us out.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 08:57 PM
SkerZ
LGR

I have seriously had enough of Mitchell. The guy has been a non factor for a while and has got to go. He was at fault for two goals tonight and is just a turn over MACHINE the last month. Im sick of the guy get his ass off the NHL roster PLEASE

SkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 08:57 PM
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
The worst. 5 years in the league and he still has no clue.

The sad part is even when he pinches and beats the guy to the puck, he still fans on it or chips it to the other team.

He had such a good game the other night, too. His inconsistency has been maddening.
I always thought that he had untapped offensive potential but I was wrong. His stickhandling and passing are below par and he doesn't have a great shot. McDonagh hasn't played a full season in the league yet and he is already better offensively. It's disappointing.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Hank is in a slump but it's not solely his fault. It's never really solely anyone's fault.

However, the combination of factors in this game are:

1)Mitchell being a retard and kicking the puck into his own net.

2) Mitchell being a retard yet again and overskating the puck for a 3-on-1 the other way for the 2nd Buffalo goal, Buffalo 2 - Mitchell 0.

3) Mitchell skating on the ice when it clearly should be almost anybody else.

4) Stepan is horrific.

5) And the offense is completely inept and inconsistent. How many chances do you need to score a damn goal? Don't say it's luck and don't say it's Miller. Conklin, a waiver wire bum, brought us to OT the other night and he's just one example of **** goalies and average goalies posing as superstars when they play the NYR.

Oh well. 1st place was nice while it lasted though I can't believe it lasted as long as it did. Pitt will win tomorrow and will overtake it and we won't see it for the rest of this season. And this isn't a melodramatic response to a loss either because anyone who reads me on these boards knows I'm always this annoyingly pessimistic. Wouldn't exactly say I'm wrong either.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Just atrocious. This team WON'T compete in the playoffs if they play like this. Its been a tale of two seasons- pre-all star break and post-all star break. We don't look like a top team very often since the end of the ASB.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
noupf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Whats depressing is the fact that this team is stumbling into the playoffs and about to face either buffalo or washington in round 1.

Can we say first round exit? Beacuse i dont want to face either of those teams right now.

This team has one huge flaw that seperates it from the others in the cup hunt..........our powerplay is completely non existant.......and that is going to cost us everything.......period.

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 08:59 PM
mahonistan*

guys... We've clinched a playoff spot. losing a game isn't the end of the world You win some you lose some. We had plenty of chances and I'd say we outplayed them tonight. Sometimes the bounces don't go your way in hockey. Torts probably won't play Mitchell again though which is good and maybe Hank gets some rest so he can get his head on straight

mahonistan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Maineice11

i think we will see all new lines tomorrow night

Old
03-23-2012, 09:00 PM
noupf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
Hank is in a slump but it's not solely his fault. It's never really solely anyone's fault.

However, the combination of factors in this game are:

Mitchell being a retard and kicking the puck into his own net.

Mitchell being a retard yet again and overskating the puck for a 3-on-1 the other way for the 2nd Buffalo goal, Buffalo 2 - Mitchell 0.

Mitchell skating on the ice when it clearly should be almost anybody else.

Stepan is horrific.

And the offensive is completely inept and inconsistent. How many changes do you need to score a damn goal? Don't say it's luck and don't say it's Miller. Conklin, a waiver wire bum, brought us to OT last night and he's just one example of **** goalies and average goalies posing as superstars when they play the NYR.

I've been done with Mitchel for about 2 months now.

Stepan is fighting to figuure out what his role is. I dont blame him for too much in just his second year.

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by noupf View Post
Whats depressing is the fact that this team is stumbling into the playoffs and about to face either buffalo or washington in round 1.

Can we say first round exit? Beacuse i dont want to face either of those teams right now.

This team has one huge flaw that seperates it from the others in the cup hunt..........our powerplay is completely non existant.......and that is going to cost us everything.......period.
Whoa Washington and Buffalo!!!!!

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:02 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

mitchell definitely the POTG

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:03 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embryo View Post
So we will have been in 1st place for like 75 games and will finish in 4th. What a terrible ending to this season. Remember the last time we were hot all season and then fell apart at the end? 2005-06. What happened that year? We lost to the Devils in the first round 4-1. We went from 4th to 6th that year in the last week of the season...going from 1st to 4th is equally as bad, if not worse considering how competitive the top 6 teams are.
To be fair, both Lundqvist and Jagr were injured in that playoff series. Out the window went the Rangers best offensive threat and their best goalie.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote