HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#74 | New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning | Mar 24 | L 3-4

Old
03-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Bauer Warrior*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutks View Post
What happened last night? I saw the isles in channel 71, set my dvr and went our. When i came home nothing recorded and it no longer showed the isles on channel 71???
Channel 71 was probably embarrassed.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Riddick

wow, you can see how much charles has ****ed over the fans with this product. Barely 6 pages for a game? There were far more last year when the team was kicking the crap out of every other team.

Riddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:48 AM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Look at our next 5 games in 7 days.

Sunday - @ Florida
Tuesday - @Pittsburgh
Thursday - Pittburgh
Saturday - Boston
Sunday - Ottawa

That has 1-4 or 0-5 written all over it. Pittsburgh is killing everyone right now and we play them back to back. 2nd overall is VERY possible.
that would be perfect!

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Look at our next 5 games in 7 days.

Sunday - @ Florida
Tuesday - @Pittsburgh
Thursday - Pittburgh
Saturday - Boston
Sunday - Ottawa

That has 1-4 or 0-5 written all over it. Pittsburgh is killing everyone right now and we play them back to back. 2nd overall is VERY possible.
Oh Junior, you disappointment me. Come on, man, you've been around the block. I know that deep down you are fully aware of the cruel joke that is the Islanders.This stretch has 3-2 at best, and 5-0 at worst written all over it.

Which, of course, means that we're not in a good draft position, not in the playoffs, Charles and Garth go to the "late season surge", and all is status quo.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLio21093 View Post
Tim Wallace gives us a kick in the balls.
Doesn't surprise me at all.

I "missed" last nights game. Was at a friends house locally and the game was on in the background. When I saw Wallace score, I was like figures. I was asked why I felt that way. Basically told them, he didn't do crap when he played for us, but was put on waivers and picked up by Tampa and he ends up scoring the game winner. Person at this friends house says, "thats a kick to the balls." I responded, "life of an Islander fan".

03-25-2012, 12:39 PM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
Doesn't surprise me at all.

I "missed" last nights game. Was at a friends house locally and the game was on in the background. When I saw Wallace score, I was like figures. I was asked why I felt that way. Basically told them, he didn't do crap when he played for us, but was put on waivers and picked up by Tampa and he ends up scoring the game winner. Person at this friends house says, "thats a kick to the balls." I responded, "life of an Islander fan".
Wouldn't go that far at all. Was a 4th line energy guy who busted it, threw his body around, and got his nose dirty. The guy was one of the few signs of life on a team full of slugs.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 01:21 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
Wouldn't go that far at all. Was a 4th line energy guy who busted it, threw his body around, and got his nose dirty. The guy was one of the few signs of life on a team full of slugs.
I agree. He is much more useful than guys like reasoner and pandolfo. I liked him on the 4th line.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:07 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
I agree. He is much more useful than guys like reasoner and pandolfo. I liked him on the 4th line.

He was fine as a 4th liner for an uncompetitive Islanders team.

For any other NHL team with pride and skill, he was a slug.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 07:41 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Just saw the game on Divo.

Had to laugh. These two points were absolutely GIVEN away. Tampa didn't even wanna win that thing. They played so horrendously in so many portions of the game... Just ridiculous that they got two points there.

A few things that popped out.
- Nielsen has a career high in goals. Can he score more than Parenteau?
- Hamonic had a rough game. He made some poor decisions, both with respect to what he was doing with the puck and his positioning.
- What in all of God's green nature was Streit doing on Stamkos' first goal? Seriously, that was one of the most disgusting things I've seen all season.
- Butchie was extraordinarily brutal in this game. So many falsities, it hurt my ears.
- Bailey is definitely looking like a future winger to me.
- Boy, Grabner had 5 minutes of time with the puck in one scene and then whiffed when he finally decided to take a shot. Brutal! Wow, that's just sooo ECHL.
- The fourth line was actually pretty good.
- Montoya was sooooo 'meh', it hurt. Expecially that goal by Pyatt to tie it up at three. How does Montoya himself not intercept that pass??? At the end of the day, he easily could have won this thing on his own just by being 'solid'. He wasn't. I think the writing is on the wall in his case.
- It was CLEAR that Wallace was gonna score this game. It ended up being the winner.
- Funny seeing Trevor Smith in the line-up. Just amazing how many ex-Isles they had out there. Throw in the Stamkos-Tavares-Martin connection as well as the Purcell-Moulson connection and you can see why this game was more like a sloppy friendly between two non-playoff teams than anything else.
- Gotta say, I am soooooooooooooo glad we have Tavares and not Hedman. Holy cow, does that guy look like little more than an average Dman. Granted, he's got plenty of time to improve, bad he made some brutal decisions.

OK, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote