HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Slovakia

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2012, 08:48 AM
begbeee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsRatchet View Post
How has Tatar looked for you guys?
One of our best forwards/players. Hope he finally gets a full season chance in Detroit.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:18 AM
slovakiasnextone

Hopefully he and his linemates will start findinf the back of the net more often. They have been creating opportunities, but haven´t been able to capitalize except for the goal against Canada.

Old
05-08-2012, 08:48 PM
NewHopeForEveryone

as i presumed and mentioned before, Halak didnt pass the test in St. Louis so he wont join the team for sure...confirmed by slovak medias

so the third goalie will be Hudacek and the last spot is reserved for Gaborik (hope he will go far in PO) or Meszaros (but hes hurt too so it will be same as with Halak) so at the end it can be someone else

Old
05-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Kamzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvkInNHL View Post
Meszaros (but hes hurt too so it will be same as with Halak) so at the end it can be someone else
I'm watching Meszaros play right now. He has blocked a few shots and crushed Dainus Zubrus. He has also played the Flyer powerplay.

Old
05-09-2012, 04:12 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
as i presumed and mentioned before, Halak didnt pass the test in St. Louis so he wont join the team for sure...confirmed by slovak medias

so the third goalie will be Hudacek and the last spot is reserved for Gaborik (hope he will go far in PO) or Meszaros (but hes hurt too so it will be same as with Halak) so at the end it can be someone else
Actually Otto Sýkora has mentioned yesterday in STV´s studio during FIN-SUI game that the last spot is reserved for either Gáborík or Richard Pánik if Norfolk is ousted out of AHL play-offs.

Not sure whether he knew about Meszároš already playing, but even if he is playing for the Flyers I still believe it is unlikely that he would be cleared to play in the WC.

Old
05-09-2012, 08:04 AM
NewHopeForEveryone

nah i watched that game on ESPN but i didnt noticed Meszaros playing...but still i would prefer him before Panik...i have faith in our offensive power after USA game so i dont want formation mixing

Old
05-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
I'd much rather have Meszaros on D instead of Sersen, rather than get Gaborik or Panik on the offence.

Old
05-09-2012, 08:48 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
I'd much rather have Meszaros on D instead of Sersen, rather than get Gaborik or Panik on the offence.
??? Sersen might have been pretty bad during pre-tournament games, but he has been really good in the last two games. There are way more suspect D on this team than he is.

However Meszároš would not replace anyone on the team considering Kudroč´s out. Because even without Kudroč we have been playing 4 D pairings with Chára and Graňák sharing time on the 4th one. Meszároš´s arrival would just mean that they wouldn´t have to do this anymore.

Old
05-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Tatanik

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
??? Sersen might have been pretty bad during pre-tournament games, but he has been really good in the last two games. There are way more suspect D on this team than he is.
I've seen a lot of Sersen this year whilst he's been playing for Sparta and I really don't rate him at all, especially at the international level.

Old
05-09-2012, 01:25 PM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

It's interesting seeing this year's team and thinking back to a debate I remember regarding last year's team and Slovak hockey in general. The notion was that playing a defensive style of hockey was not the 'Slovak way' and that doing so would be going in the wrong direction. Watching this year's team, it seems they've gone full circle on that and are playing a tight defensive game with opportunistic offense that's keeping them right in the thick of things against stronger teams. I'm sure everyone is happy with the results thus far but what are the odds that they stick with this going forward?

Old
05-09-2012, 01:51 PM
NewHopeForEveryone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
It's interesting seeing this year's team and thinking back to a debate I remember regarding last year's team and Slovak hockey in general. The notion was that playing a defensive style of hockey was not the 'Slovak way' and that doing so would be going in the wrong direction. Watching this year's team, it seems they've gone full circle on that and are playing a tight defensive game with opportunistic offense that's keeping them right in the thick of things against stronger teams. I'm sure everyone is happy with the results thus far but what are the odds that they stick with this going forward?
ou yeah...so we are playing trap...

i dont want to live on this earth anymore

if games against Can, Fin and USA we were sitting in our zone and waiting on mistakes then i dont need to say you anything...all that three games we tried and had lot of chances...we had more shots on goal against Fin just didnt scored and against USA we finally found the way...btw we saw what will happen if someone try to play open hockey with Canada (vs USA) and i enjoyed that game for sure but it hadnt that electric atmosphere like low scoring games

Old
05-09-2012, 05:00 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
I've seen a lot of Sersen this year whilst he's been playing for Sparta and I really don't rate him at all, especially at the international level.
Still better than Vydarený
Also, you don´t rate him at all at the international level based on how he´s performed in Sparta if I understand correctly? Do you rate Marcel Hossa on international stage based on how he performs once he´s dressed in a Dinamo Riga jersey too?

Old
05-09-2012, 08:28 PM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

Quote:
ou yeah...so we are playing trap...

i dont want to live on this earth anymore

if games against Can, Fin and USA we were sitting in our zone and waiting on mistakes then i dont need to say you anything...all that three games we tried and had lot of chances...we had more shots on goal against Fin just didnt scored and against USA we finally found the way...btw we saw what will happen if someone try to play open hockey with Canada (vs USA) and i enjoyed that game for sure but it hadnt that electric atmosphere like low scoring games
I don't think there's anything wrong with playing fundamentally sound defensive hockey. When done right it can certainly lead to offensive chances. The impression I've gotten in the past was that the Slovak hockey establishment wanted to focus on a more offensive minded style despite the fact it hasn't been working well. I was just curious if anything's being said in the media or amongst Slovak fans about moving forward in a new direction. With all the talk of rebuilding from a player-for-player perspective it seems there hasn't been as much talk about strategy.

Old
05-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Tatanik

Quote:
Still better than Vydarený
Also, you don´t rate him at all at the international level based on how he´s performed in Sparta if I understand correctly? Do you rate Marcel Hossa on international stage based on how he performs once he´s dressed in a Dinamo Riga jersey too?
Marcel Hossa is completely different....He is just a curse

Old
05-12-2012, 11:41 AM
slovakiasnextone

With the Swiss helping us by losing to the French today, 3 points from SUI/FRA game should be enough to seal the QF deal, right?

Though those 3 points are by no means guaranteed, it´s looking good.

Old
05-12-2012, 11:53 AM
begbeee

Quote:
With the Swiss helping us by losing to the French today, 3 points from SUI/FRA game should be enough to seal the QF deal, right?

Yeah definitely. Swiss will play for life and if we will not win, it puts pressure on our team against France, which obviously will play without any.

Old
05-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Zolik37

vCash: 50
Quote:

I think we need 4 points.

Old
05-12-2012, 12:03 PM
ModryJazyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolik37 View Post
I think we need 4 points.
right, we still need at least one point tomorrow to lock QF ...

Old
05-12-2012, 12:20 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by begbeee View Post
Yeah definitely. Swiss will play for life and if we will not win, it puts pressure on our team against France, which obviously will play without any.
If France managed to win against Belarus on Monday they still could be in the game for the QF spot in the game against us.

Switzerland having the pressure on them tomorrow might actually help us and also their offensive game should suit Vujtek´s system.

Old
05-14-2012, 12:07 PM
begbeee

So it's gonna be interesting. I'm not very confident after our play against Swiss.

To be honest I've never ever thought that I will watch Slovaks fight against France to get into QF... and I remember our though battles against Khazaks, Austria or Italy.

Old
05-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Kamzik

Vujtek seemed really cheesed about the Belarus-France result. Vujtek said the game was difficult to follow for 60 minutes, and sitting in the stands was torture. He said both teams played like crap, especially Belarus which gave a performance not worthy for the World Championships.

The Slovaks were 77 seconds from qualifying for the QF and the Sochi Winter Olympics. Now they must fight tomorrow instead of rest. France requires a win in regulation which would give them 3 straight World Championship wins (probably something they haven't done since forever).

Old
05-15-2012, 01:22 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Yay yay yay. Slovaks can go to Sochi now.

And we made the top 8.

Old
05-15-2012, 02:59 PM
the

vCash: 50
Slovakia would be top 5 with Jaroslav Halak in net

Old
05-15-2012, 03:03 PM
begbeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
Do you mean current WC? We are very satisfied with our goaltender Laco. Clearly we've found our europan #1 goalie.

Old
05-15-2012, 03:03 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
Slovakia does not have problem with goalies, Laco is good

Closed Thread