HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Slovakia

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-08-2012, 08:48 AM
  #176
begbeee
Registered User
 
begbeee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsRatchet View Post
How has Tatar looked for you guys?
One of our best forwards/players. Hope he finally gets a full season chance in Detroit.

begbeee is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 10:18 AM
  #177
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,827
vCash: 500
Hopefully he and his linemates will start findinf the back of the net more often. They have been creating opportunities, but haven´t been able to capitalize except for the goal against Canada.

slovakiasnextone is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 08:48 PM
  #178
NewHopeForEveryone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Lesotho
Posts: 474
vCash: 500
as i presumed and mentioned before, Halak didnt pass the test in St. Louis so he wont join the team for sure...confirmed by slovak medias

so the third goalie will be Hudacek and the last spot is reserved for Gaborik (hope he will go far in PO) or Meszaros (but hes hurt too so it will be same as with Halak) so at the end it can be someone else

NewHopeForEveryone is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 09:18 PM
  #179
Kamzik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvkInNHL View Post
Meszaros (but hes hurt too so it will be same as with Halak) so at the end it can be someone else
I'm watching Meszaros play right now. He has blocked a few shots and crushed Dainus Zubrus. He has also played the Flyer powerplay.

Kamzik is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 04:12 AM
  #180
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvkInNHL View Post
as i presumed and mentioned before, Halak didnt pass the test in St. Louis so he wont join the team for sure...confirmed by slovak medias

so the third goalie will be Hudacek and the last spot is reserved for Gaborik (hope he will go far in PO) or Meszaros (but hes hurt too so it will be same as with Halak) so at the end it can be someone else
Actually Otto Sýkora has mentioned yesterday in STV´s studio during FIN-SUI game that the last spot is reserved for either Gáborík or Richard Pánik if Norfolk is ousted out of AHL play-offs.

Not sure whether he knew about Meszároš already playing, but even if he is playing for the Flyers I still believe it is unlikely that he would be cleared to play in the WC.

slovakiasnextone is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 08:04 AM
  #181
NewHopeForEveryone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Lesotho
Posts: 474
vCash: 500
nah i watched that game on ESPN but i didnt noticed Meszaros playing...but still i would prefer him before Panik...i have faith in our offensive power after USA game so i dont want formation mixing

NewHopeForEveryone is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 08:42 AM
  #182
Tatanik
Registered User
 
Tatanik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,939
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
I'd much rather have Meszaros on D instead of Sersen, rather than get Gaborik or Panik on the offence.

Tatanik is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 08:48 AM
  #183
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
I'd much rather have Meszaros on D instead of Sersen, rather than get Gaborik or Panik on the offence.
??? Sersen might have been pretty bad during pre-tournament games, but he has been really good in the last two games. There are way more suspect D on this team than he is.

However Meszároš would not replace anyone on the team considering Kudroč´s out. Because even without Kudroč we have been playing 4 D pairings with Chára and Graňák sharing time on the 4th one. Meszároš´s arrival would just mean that they wouldn´t have to do this anymore.

slovakiasnextone is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 09:21 AM
  #184
Tatanik
Registered User
 
Tatanik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,939
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
??? Sersen might have been pretty bad during pre-tournament games, but he has been really good in the last two games. There are way more suspect D on this team than he is.
I've seen a lot of Sersen this year whilst he's been playing for Sparta and I really don't rate him at all, especially at the international level.

Tatanik is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 01:25 PM
  #185
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 3,666
vCash: 500
It's interesting seeing this year's team and thinking back to a debate I remember regarding last year's team and Slovak hockey in general. The notion was that playing a defensive style of hockey was not the 'Slovak way' and that doing so would be going in the wrong direction. Watching this year's team, it seems they've gone full circle on that and are playing a tight defensive game with opportunistic offense that's keeping them right in the thick of things against stronger teams. I'm sure everyone is happy with the results thus far but what are the odds that they stick with this going forward?

cagney is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 01:51 PM
  #186
NewHopeForEveryone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Lesotho
Posts: 474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
It's interesting seeing this year's team and thinking back to a debate I remember regarding last year's team and Slovak hockey in general. The notion was that playing a defensive style of hockey was not the 'Slovak way' and that doing so would be going in the wrong direction. Watching this year's team, it seems they've gone full circle on that and are playing a tight defensive game with opportunistic offense that's keeping them right in the thick of things against stronger teams. I'm sure everyone is happy with the results thus far but what are the odds that they stick with this going forward?
ou yeah...so we are playing trap...

i dont want to live on this earth anymore

if games against Can, Fin and USA we were sitting in our zone and waiting on mistakes then i dont need to say you anything...all that three games we tried and had lot of chances...we had more shots on goal against Fin just didnt scored and against USA we finally found the way...btw we saw what will happen if someone try to play open hockey with Canada (vs USA) and i enjoyed that game for sure but it hadnt that electric atmosphere like low scoring games

NewHopeForEveryone is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 05:00 PM
  #187
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
I've seen a lot of Sersen this year whilst he's been playing for Sparta and I really don't rate him at all, especially at the international level.
Still better than Vydarený
Also, you don´t rate him at all at the international level based on how he´s performed in Sparta if I understand correctly? Do you rate Marcel Hossa on international stage based on how he performs once he´s dressed in a Dinamo Riga jersey too?

slovakiasnextone is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 08:28 PM
  #188
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 3,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvkInNHL View Post
ou yeah...so we are playing trap...

i dont want to live on this earth anymore

if games against Can, Fin and USA we were sitting in our zone and waiting on mistakes then i dont need to say you anything...all that three games we tried and had lot of chances...we had more shots on goal against Fin just didnt scored and against USA we finally found the way...btw we saw what will happen if someone try to play open hockey with Canada (vs USA) and i enjoyed that game for sure but it hadnt that electric atmosphere like low scoring games
I don't think there's anything wrong with playing fundamentally sound defensive hockey. When done right it can certainly lead to offensive chances. The impression I've gotten in the past was that the Slovak hockey establishment wanted to focus on a more offensive minded style despite the fact it hasn't been working well. I was just curious if anything's being said in the media or amongst Slovak fans about moving forward in a new direction. With all the talk of rebuilding from a player-for-player perspective it seems there hasn't been as much talk about strategy.

cagney is offline  
Old
05-10-2012, 05:35 AM
  #189
Tatanik
Registered User
 
Tatanik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,939
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Still better than Vydarený
Also, you don´t rate him at all at the international level based on how he´s performed in Sparta if I understand correctly? Do you rate Marcel Hossa on international stage based on how he performs once he´s dressed in a Dinamo Riga jersey too?
Marcel Hossa is completely different....He is just a curse

Tatanik is offline  
Old
05-12-2012, 11:41 AM
  #190
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,827
vCash: 500
With the Swiss helping us by losing to the French today, 3 points from SUI/FRA game should be enough to seal the QF deal, right?

Though those 3 points are by no means guaranteed, it´s looking good.

slovakiasnextone is offline  
Old
05-12-2012, 11:53 AM
  #191
begbeee
Registered User
 
begbeee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
With the Swiss helping us by losing to the French today, 3 points from SUI/FRA game should be enough to seal the QF deal, right?

Though those 3 points are by no means guaranteed, it´s looking good.
Yeah definitely. Swiss will play for life and if we will not win, it puts pressure on our team against France, which obviously will play without any.

begbeee is offline  
Old
05-12-2012, 11:58 AM
  #192
Zolik37
Registered User
 
Zolik37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Skalica
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 226
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
With the Swiss helping us by losing to the French today, 3 points from SUI/FRA game should be enough to seal the QF deal, right?

Though those 3 points are by no means guaranteed, it´s looking good.
I think we need 4 points.

Zolik37 is offline  
Old
05-12-2012, 12:03 PM
  #193
ModryJazyk
Registered User
 
ModryJazyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolik37 View Post
I think we need 4 points.
right, we still need at least one point tomorrow to lock QF ...

ModryJazyk is offline  
Old
05-12-2012, 12:20 PM
  #194
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by begbeee View Post
Yeah definitely. Swiss will play for life and if we will not win, it puts pressure on our team against France, which obviously will play without any.
If France managed to win against Belarus on Monday they still could be in the game for the QF spot in the game against us.

Switzerland having the pressure on them tomorrow might actually help us and also their offensive game should suit Vujtek´s system.

slovakiasnextone is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 12:07 PM
  #195
begbeee
Registered User
 
begbeee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,028
vCash: 500
So it's gonna be interesting. I'm not very confident after our play against Swiss.

To be honest I've never ever thought that I will watch Slovaks fight against France to get into QF... and I remember our though battles against Khazaks, Austria or Italy.

begbeee is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 05:11 PM
  #196
Kamzik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,594
vCash: 500
Vujtek seemed really cheesed about the Belarus-France result. Vujtek said the game was difficult to follow for 60 minutes, and sitting in the stands was torture. He said both teams played like crap, especially Belarus which gave a performance not worthy for the World Championships.

The Slovaks were 77 seconds from qualifying for the QF and the Sochi Winter Olympics. Now they must fight tomorrow instead of rest. France requires a win in regulation which would give them 3 straight World Championship wins (probably something they haven't done since forever).

Kamzik is offline  
Old
05-15-2012, 01:22 PM
  #197
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.
 
Harv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,557
vCash: 500
Yay yay yay. Slovaks can go to Sochi now.

And we made the top 8.

Harv is offline  
Old
05-15-2012, 02:59 PM
  #198
the
Registered User
 
the's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 932
vCash: 50
Slovakia would be top 5 with Jaroslav Halak in net

the is offline  
Old
05-15-2012, 03:03 PM
  #199
begbeee
Registered User
 
begbeee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
Slovakia would be top 5 with Jaroslav Halak in net
Do you mean current WC? We are very satisfied with our goaltender Laco. Clearly we've found our europan #1 goalie.

begbeee is offline  
Old
05-15-2012, 03:03 PM
  #200
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
Slovakia would be top 5 with Jaroslav Halak in net
Slovakia does not have problem with goalies, Laco is good

vorky is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Š2015 All Rights Reserved.