HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoffs and Beyond (2012 Prospect Updates Continued)

Old
05-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

vCash: 500
I have a rational amount of like for Fraser, and am hoping he will be the fallback option for a top 6 spot next season. He is older and more experienced than all the new guys and Glennie, whom I hope will play together at the AHL level for a while.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 03:33 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
I have an irrational amount of love for Fraser and he's my bet to fill one of the wing spots this upcoming season. He's ahead of the college guys and Glennie in my mind. Can't wait to see the kids at the Traverse City tournament.
If he can work on his skating a bit, I honestly think he'll be a perfect replacement for Ryder in the next couple years.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 03:41 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Can't wait to see the kids at the Traverse City tournament.
Hate to the bearer of bad news, but I believe TC has been cancelled next year due to the possibility the CBA won't be completed. I know the Euro preseason trips all got cancelled as well.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 04:00 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Hate to the bearer of bad news, but I believe TC has been cancelled next year due to the possibility the CBA won't be completed. I know the Euro preseason trips all got cancelled as well.
The last note I saw on that was the teams would all agree to cut off date. If the CBA wasn't completed by that date, the tournament would be cancelled.

I never saw the date though.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

Well crap. This CBA thing was going to be a kick in the behind regardless but if I don't get to see a Traverse game or highlights or even just read about the kids I'm not going to be happy at all.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:21 AM
Dallasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
The last note I saw on that was the teams would all agree to cut off date. If the CBA wasn't completed by that date, the tournament would be cancelled.

I never saw the date though.
No, the tournament HAS been cancelled. It's been mentioned in a few places already. All due to the CBA and no gurantee of a season next year.

Betteman was saying yesterday that they'd be starting talks here in the next few weeks. They don't seem to be too eager to get things started up.

Dallasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:35 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasman View Post
Betteman was saying yesterday that they'd be starting talks here in the next few weeks. They don't seem to be too eager to get things started up.
He was on BaD Radio back in like February or January and seemed entirely too laissez faire about getting the ball rolling on CBA talks. He got super defensive when asked if that was a prudent thing to do.

I hate to say it but the longer both sides put off even beginning to negotiate the bigger chance there is that we miss another season or part of one. NHL front office is a gong show.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:21 AM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasman View Post
No, the tournament HAS been cancelled. It's been mentioned in a few places already. All due to the CBA and no gurantee of a season next year.

Per Elliotte Friedman the Traverse tournament is not cancelled, and they are considering moving it up sooner so that they can still have it.

Quote:
A couple of weeks ago, the Penticton, B.C.-based Young Stars Tournament, a rookie event featuring the Canucks, Oilers, Flames, Jets, Sharks and Ducks over the past two years, was cancelled due to the uncertain CBA. The teams involved in the other major prospects showcase (Traverse City, MI) are trying to save it by starting earlier. The 2011 participants were St. Louis, the Rangers, Dallas, Carolina, Buffalo, Columbus, Minnesota and Detroit.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote