Jets lose 3-1

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2012, 10:53 PM
surixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Nashville is 7th best in the league and 5-4-1 in their last 10 after tonight. This is a team we could have beat if we didn't get sucked in to playing how they wanted us to. It's as if the Jets expected a tight game, low scoring, etc, so we didn't bring it. We sat back, and it killed us.

Nashville is a beatable team, but you really limit your chances and shoot yourself in the foot when you sit back and fail to play with any sort of urgency.

Colorado is taking it to Vancouver right now with 17 first period shots and the period isnt even over yet. Now I know Vancouver hasn't been playing great lately, but they are far better than the Avs but thw Avs are playing with urgency because if they don't they can kiss their playoff hopes goodbye.

Nashville could have played Lindback tonight and I bet we still lose. We just didn't bring it. For a team that needs to win, where was our heart? urgency? desire and passion? why weren't we throwing the body? We deserved the result we got.

Nashville is a good team and extremely well coached, but the Jets didn't even give themselves a chance to win tonight.
They may not have had the energy to play balls to the wall all game after yesterday's spirited come back.

Old
03-24-2012, 10:55 PM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

vCash: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
You guys are a bunch of wet towels. It ain't over until it's over and it very possible that they'll make it. To quote Tom renney in oil change you never know what's going to happen in this game.

Don't give up on them...they'll surprise us yet.

They may not make it, and I'm fine with that. The jets have played amazingly this season. With good draft picks, and a few key acquisitions in the off season we'll be even better next season. That's not even mentioning the snafu of a training camp and the first season jitters of being in a new city.

I fully expect us to be in about sixth place next season.
Doesn't Winnipeg join Nashville,Detroit,Chicago,St.Louis,Minnesota,Colum bus and Dallas next year?

Old
03-24-2012, 10:55 PM
Mossy Oak
Noted.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
They may not have had the energy to play balls to the wall all game after yesterday's spirited come back.
Not a worthy factor for me. Teams/players in this league play with urgency and heart 1-2 and 3 months from now.

I'm not intending it had to be a balls to the wall effort, but what the Jets displayed tonight was pretty pathetic for a team fighting tooth and nail for a playoff spot.

Buffalo and Ottawa played last night, and they managed to pull off convincing wins tonight.

03-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Huffer

vCash: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 View Post
Doesn't Winnipeg join Nashville,Detroit,Chicago,St.Louis,Minnesota,Colum bus and Dallas next year?
I think that the relocation is on hold for another year. Pretty sure we will still be in the SouthEast.

Old
03-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Andy6
Court Jetster

Quote:
You guys are a bunch of wet towels. It ain't over until it's over and it very possible that they'll make it. To quote Tom renney in oil change you never know what's going to happen in this game.

It's over. But I'm still looking forward to some great games and maybe a moment or two when it looks like just maybe they could do it.

Next year is going to be a tough year too, but this feels like a group on the way up so it should be very competitive for a playoff spot for sure. Could easily challenge for the division lead and the third seed.

Old
03-24-2012, 11:02 PM
pucka lucka
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Nashville is 7th best in the league and 5-4-1 in their last 10 after tonight. This is a team we could have beat if we didn't get sucked in to playing how they wanted us to. It's as if the Jets expected a tight game, low scoring, etc, so we didn't bring it. We sat back, and it killed us.

Nashville is a beatable team, but you really limit your chances and shoot yourself in the foot when you sit back and fail to play with any sort of urgency.

Colorado is taking it to Vancouver right now with 17 first period shots and the period isnt even over yet. Now I know Vancouver hasn't been playing great lately, but they are far better than the Avs but the Avs are playing with urgency because if they don't they can kiss their playoff hopes goodbye.

Nashville could have played Lindback tonight and I bet we still lose. We just didn't bring it. For a team that needs to win, where was our heart? urgency? desire and passion? why weren't we throwing the body? We deserved the result we got.

Nashville is a good team and extremely well coached, but the Jets didn't even give themselves a chance to win tonight.
Wow. [mod] I don't care what Nashville's point total is. I think they are top 4 in the NHL and they just added a top 3 player.

Last edited by Jet: 03-25-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Leave posters mental states out of the discussion, thanks
Old
03-24-2012, 11:04 PM
ghost88*

As a season ticket holder I got a lot MORE than what I was hoping for this year!

I never expected us to make the playoffs at the beginning of the year... so this run was fantastic! Sure I'm disappointed... but we have NHL back in the city, and we've played fantastic at home all year.

I'm looking forward to bigger and better things next year! Let's end the year on a positive note, boys!

Old
03-24-2012, 11:06 PM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I think that the relocation is on hold for another year. Pretty sure we will still be in the SouthEast.
That doesn't make any sense to keep Winnipeg in the Southeast for another season. Also you mean realignment not relocation

Old
03-24-2012, 11:09 PM
ghost88*

Quote:
That doesn't make any sense to keep Winnipeg in the Southeast for another season. Also you mean realignment not relocation
I think staying in the SE Division gives us the best chance for quick success to be honest. I don't think we'd fare better in almost any other division.

Old
03-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Mossy Oak
Noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahdupah View Post
Wow. [mod] I don't care what Nashville's point total is. I think they are top 4 in the NHL and they just added a top 3 player.
[mod]

Hey, if I misunderstood you, thats cool, but you did say,

Quote:
You guys realize Nashville is one of the top 4 teams in the league?

Last edited by Jet: 03-25-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old
03-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Huffer

vCash: 240
Quote:
Whoops! Yeah, Realignment..... That's what I get for trying to do 3 things at once...

I think once the NHLPA rejected the NHL's proposal months ago, it was a done deal that the Jets would stay in the SouthEast another year.

Old
03-24-2012, 11:17 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:
Also you mean realignment not relocation
Not if you are talking about Phoenix.

Old
03-24-2012, 11:25 PM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Whoops! Yeah, Realignment..... That's what I get for trying to do 3 things at once...

I think once the NHLPA rejected the NHL's proposal months ago, it was a done deal that the Jets would stay in the SouthEast another year.
Instead of realigning the whole league I think they should just swap Nashville and Winnipeg. I know Nashville is in the Central time zone but geographically Tennessee is still part of the southeastern United States.

Old
03-24-2012, 11:31 PM
JetsCameHome

Quote:

They may not make it, and I'm fine with that. The jets have played amazingly this season. With good draft picks, and a few key acquisitions in the off season we'll be even better next season. That's not even mentioning the snafu of a training camp and the first season jitters of being in a new city.

I fully expect us to be in about sixth place next season.
Tom Renney is the base of your post? Uh have you seen the Oilers or him coach the Rangers. He's a plug of a coach.

Old
03-24-2012, 11:36 PM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

I hope we have another year to try to win the Southeast division banner.

I really want that more than anything. I'm just a troll that way.

It's not over til its over, but it's getting close.

Still, on that last home game they'll get a standing ovation win or lose, playoffs or not. We saw a lot of individual player growth, and there's a lot of reason to be optimistic for the coming years. With a potentially long off season True North and Cheveldayoff will have a lot of time to make decisions.

Summer will be over before we know it and we'll be back for another year of hockey. This is Winnipeg after all.

That said, this team doesn't give up, and neither should we.

Old
03-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Mossy Oak
Noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Solomon View Post
I hope we have another year to try to win the Southeast division banner.

I really want that more than anything. I'm just a troll that way.

It's not over til its over, but it's getting close.

Still, on that last home game they'll get a standing ovation win or lose, playoffs or not. We saw a lot of individual player growth, and there's a lot of reason to be optimistic for the coming years. With a potentially long off season True North and Cheveldayoff will have a lot of time to make decisions.

Summer will be over before we know it and we'll be back for another year of hockey. This is Winnipeg after all.

That said, this team doesn't give up, and neither should we.
Wow, it really just hit me there when reading the bolded part of your post how quick this season has gone. I can't believe we've just got 7 regular season games left.

Old
03-25-2012, 12:10 AM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
I thought every D save for Enstrom and Jones played quite well, especially Buff and Hainsey.

This might have been Enstrom's worst game in a Jets uniform, his decision-making was totally off. He was playing great the last little while, so I can't be too hard on him. I have no idea why Jones continues to be dressed over Clitsome, it absolutely boggles my mind.

Thing is, Rinne wasn't really forced into that many difficult saves. The biggest save of the game was probably by Klein in the 1st, man that would've been a huge boost if the Jets scored.
Personally I think we have only seen occasional flashes of brilliance with Enstrom, I think the jury is still out on him in a Jets uniform. I've advocated dressing Clitsome over Jones for the past couple of games, Clitsomes simple game with lot's of heart is refreshing compared to Jones fighting the puck and the man in front every game.

Last edited by sipowicz: 03-25-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Old
03-25-2012, 12:12 AM
surixon

Quote:
Wow, it really just hit me there when reading the bolded part of your post how quick this season has gone. I can't believe we've just got 7 regular season games left.
No kidding, I have my last game this weds against the Rangers. It went by really fast.

Old
03-25-2012, 12:15 AM
Hammer Slammer
Tayler Mayors

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
It's crazy. I took a glance at the remaining schedule yesterday and it was eye-opening. I don't want the year to be over.

03-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

It really did fly by this season.

Old
03-25-2012, 12:22 AM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

i would love to sit down with noel and hear his thoughts on auntie mietinnen....he is in love with that guy and i cant figure out why....he plays him in absolutely crucial offensive situations

....and then on the flip side, why he hates burmistrov so much....yeah he makes a bad pass every once in a while, but ladd does that practically every shift....burmi seems to get punished for every wrong move while guys who go 40 games without a goal are playing power plays in the third period down a goal in a playoff race.

i must be missing something.

why jones and not clitsome or flood is beyond me as well.....can we do a package, fehr, mietennen, jones deal?...

Old
03-25-2012, 12:36 AM
blueandgoldguy

Nashville won most of the battles for the puck tonight, more aggressive on the forecheck and showed more hustle than the Jets tonight. Don't know if it's because of the second game of a back-to-back or something else?

Regardless, nashville deserved to win that game. Play seemed to be in the Jets zone for 2/3rds of the game and they had the majority of the scoring opportunities. While Rinne was good, Jets simply did not apply enough pressure nor get many high percentage shots on him.

Adding radulov makes Nashville a legit Stanely Cup contender in my books. Be interesting to see what they do in the playoffs.

Jets can't lose anymore in regulation. Need to go 6 - 0 - 1 to reach 91 points and have any chance at the last playoff position.

Old
03-25-2012, 12:36 AM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post

why jones and not clitsome or flood is beyond me as well.....can we do a package, fehr, mietennen, jones deal?...

For what you would get back in return I'm pretty sure TNSE can afford to buy 3 rolls of tape.

Old
03-25-2012, 12:37 AM
sully1410
#BandOfBeavers

vCash: 72
Quote:
Nope. The players association shot it down. And if that is the case...sixth is about right lol.

Old
03-25-2012, 12:41 AM
sully1410
#BandOfBeavers

vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
It's over. But I'm still looking forward to some great games and maybe a moment or two when it looks like just maybe they could do it.

Next year is going to be a tough year too, but this feels like a group on the way up so it should be very competitive for a playoff spot for sure. Could easily challenge for
the division lead and the third seed.
It's not over till it's over. For all you know they'll Knuckle up like Rocky and win every game.

Is it unlikely? Yes. But it's not over yet, so let's not act like a bunch of kicked puppies, like we all do after every important loss.

Although I do seem to remember a certain moderator that behaved as such after a disappointing loss to the Nylanders.

Closed Thread