Jets lose 3-1

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2012, 11:43 PM
sully1410

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsCameHome View Post
Tom Renney is the base of your post? Uh have you seen the Oilers or him coach the Rangers. He's a plug of a coach.
I'm using a quote from the guy...not his coaching style.

Old
03-25-2012, 12:02 AM
supahdupah
Registered Boozer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Panic? What? Perhaps just reply to my post if you'd like, no need for the side comments.

Hey, if I misunderstood you, thats cool, but you did say,
I didn't say they were in 4th place. I said top 4 teams in the league.

Old
03-25-2012, 12:17 AM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 View Post
Instead of realigning the whole league I think they should just swap Nashville and Winnipeg. I know Nashville is in the Central time zone but geographically Tennessee is still part of the southeastern United States.
As a Jets fan that likes to go to bed at a decent time I don't want them to move to the west unless the full realignment is done.

Old
03-25-2012, 12:27 AM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgpage View Post
He's playing with a Centre that is not ready to be a top 6 player and a winger that is streaky and is marred in a cold streak. I actually like what I saw from Kane when he was on the ice, he needs to play with Wheeler.
This season Kane has proven quite well that he can't play with any other line. He has no chemistry with anyone.
He isn't a good back checker, he isn't a great passer (yeah like that ever happens), his offensive zone board work is below average, and he isn't effective in front of the net.
He has a good shot and is strong on his skates. Once teams figured out how to play him he has been ineffective at scoring.
Tonight is a game that a true elite level power forward with a will to win would thrive. Instead he was MIA.

He is the player with any value that I would like to see traded the most on the team, provided they got something good for him.

Old
03-25-2012, 12:39 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 6159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
This season Kane has proven quite well that he can't play with any other line. He has no chemistry with anyone.
He isn't a good back checker, he isn't a great passer (yeah like that ever happens), his offensive zone board work is below average, and he isn't effective in front of the net.
He has a good shot and is strong on his skates. Once teams figured out how to play him he has been ineffective at scoring.
Tonight is a game that a true elite level power forward with a will to win would thrive. Instead he was MIA.

He is the player with any value that I would like to see traded the most on the team, provided they got something good for him.
He's also likely to put up 30 goals in his third year in the league with sub-par linemates.

Kane's not my favorite Jet and I still think you're being overly critical of him. If we don't have hope for him getting better, I don't see how we can have hope of any of our current players getting better.

Old
03-25-2012, 12:40 AM
bluefan

vCash: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
It's not over till it's over. For all you know they'll Knuckle up like Rocky and win every game.

Is it unlikely? Yes. But it's not over yet, so let's not act like a bunch of kicked puppies, like we all do after every important loss.

Although I do seem to remember a certain moderator that behaved as such after a disappointing loss to the Nylanders.
I'd still say we'd be in it if it wasn't for Buffalo being red hot lately.

We not only have to keep up with their pace, but catch up to them first with so few games remaining. Not impossible, but with a lot of games the Jets have shown this year, unlikely.

Old
03-25-2012, 12:58 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
What a weak effort.

Old
03-25-2012, 07:42 AM
SensibleGuy

well, the playoffs were doubtful at the beginning of the season and other than a brief period a few weeks back when we were actually in 8th place for a bit the Jets haven't really managed to do much to make their chances less doubtful. They've managed to win a few key games and thats made for some real excitement. Sadly, they've let so many games that they really should have won slip through their fingers. I think their only hope now is to go on a ridiculous tear and run the table for the rest of the season. But, at least we should get to see a few more wins before the end and its definitely been a fun ride this season. Would have been amazing to see a few playoff games at MTS though...

I must say, I'm not a fan of Enstrom. He just never seems really composed out there. Part of that may be that ridiculous long stick he insists on using since it makes him look like a kid on the ice (and I've noticed many times this season where he's had puck control issues that I think were a result of that stick), but it seems like he can't handle any opposing forechecking at all. He totally panics if theres an opposing player anywhere near him. Frankly, I think you could leave Jones in and put Clitsome in for Enstrom and be better off...

Old
03-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Tdoe42

Like Ive said before this teams performance is all about perspectives...

After watching the Oilers stink it up for years and watching them be outta the playoffs in February Its a pure breath of fresh air to watch this team because I know that there arent many big question marks with the franchise.

With the Oilers there was always something too talk about Ownership, The Building, No defence, No goaltending, Bad Contracts, Coaching, Trying too teach them about the AHL And The DRAFT!! As far as im concerned we have 5 gold stars in those categories lol and some days struggle too come here too find things too talk about witch I think is a good thing.

So from my perspective this has been a absolute dream of a season I got too go too every game this year witch I never even dreamed of being able too do.

Making the playoffs would just have been a bonus

Old
03-25-2012, 08:16 AM
pondnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensibleGuy View Post
well, the playoffs were doubtful at the beginning of the season and other than a brief period a few weeks back when we were actually in 8th place for a bit the Jets haven't really managed to do much to make their chances less doubtful. They've managed to win a few key games and thats made for some real excitement. Sadly, they've let so many games that they really should have won slip through their fingers. I think their only hope now is to go on a ridiculous tear and run the table for the rest of the season. But, at least we should get to see a few more wins before the end and its definitely been a fun ride this season. Would have been amazing to see a few playoff games at MTS though...

I must say, I'm not a fan of Enstrom. He just never seems really composed out there. Part of that may be that ridiculous long stick he insists on using since it makes him look like a kid on the ice (and I've noticed many times this season where he's had puck control issues that I think were a result of that stick), but it seems like he can't handle any opposing forechecking at all. He totally panics if theres an opposing player anywhere near him. Frankly, I think you could leave Jones in and put Clitsome in for Enstrom and be better off...
The long stick really is a problem with passes anywhere near his skates.He can`t find it and goes into panic mode and his give aways are awful.Sure he`s quick but this time of year when the grinding really comes into play his looks like a weak little puppy.Every time he gets cornered the puck is not his friend.

Old
03-25-2012, 08:51 AM
JMT21

So if the Jets play another year in the SE division.... where will they send Quebec? Surely not to take Phoenix's spot in the Pacific?

If the Coyotes relocation... then realignment is all but guaranteed... one would think

Old
03-25-2012, 08:52 AM
DarthMonty
Jurassic Park baby

I wasn't surprised by the outcome, because the Predators are maybe one of the best four teams going into the play-offs. They're well coached, with a well-rounded line-up that plays a smothering defence on every square inch of the ice, possibly the best defense pairing in the entire NHL and an elite goaltender. The Preds have added supplementary scoring with Kostitsyn, a stay at home defender in Gill and a big offensive threat in Radulov.

The Predators didn't give the Jets much ice to wheel and deal, and kept forcing the defense and back-checkers into making five or six passes to get out of the zone, and then flooded the neutral zone forcing the Jets into dumping the puck on the rare occasions they kept control.

One of Pavelec's best games, but the rest of the team let the Preds dictate their style on the Jets.

The Jets aren't out of it yet, mathematically speaking, but I think they're done - six points out with a game in hand and seven left to play means the jets will have to go 5-1-1 with lots of help, or 6-1 with a little help. Not impossible, but really, it's highly improbable.

No shame in this one, IMHO, as the Preds tweaked the line-up to be more of a play-off style team (and I suspect they're going to go at least to the Conference finals), built to go toe to toe with the likes of the Red Wings, Black Hawks and Canucks.

As far as I'm concerned, the Jets would do well to model the team's hockey operations after the Predators and Red Wings.

Old
03-25-2012, 09:15 AM
PaperRockChamp

Jets playoff hunt all but over... We have a very promising team. Keeping the "core" intact, we are going to be a SCARY good team in 3 years. As a bonus, we currently have a top 10 pick. Also, watching Machacek these last few games has been a delight.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

Old
03-25-2012, 09:25 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post
Jets playoff hunt all but over... We have a very promising team. Keeping the "core" intact, we are going to be a SCARY good team in 3 years. As a bonus, we currently have a top 10 pick. Also, watching Machacek these last few games has been a delight.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/
Agree with your comments. Also agree with modeling the franchise after Detroit and Nashville. I'm extremely impressed with the Preds organization - mid-cap team, has drafted well, has been able to get the fans excited, great crowds, great coaching.

This year has been a blast - here's hoping that the other teams poop the bed, and we run the table. If not, it's been fun! They've exceeded my expectations, as I didn't pick them to be in the playoff race this late in the game.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT21 View Post
So if the Jets play another year in the SE division.... where will they send Quebec? Surely not to take Phoenix's spot in the Pacific?

If the Coyotes relocation... then realignment is all but guaranteed... one would think
I don't think QC get a team unless they break ground on a new arena.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:14 AM
sully1410

Quote:
I sincerely doubt that Phoenix will be moved this season anyways.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:25 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

on a somber morning like this (playoffs wise) its always good to get some perspective since often i view events through our lens and by that i mean our controllable area's. sometimes its about what we do wrong like our road record or our B2B record and there is truth to it, and sometimes its also about what other teams do to "go get some"!!

Buffalo has gone 18-5-5 in their last 28 games......just saying

Old
03-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Crazed Fan

Thorburn come back!

Cant wait for Scheifele to be parked in front of that net for rebounds. 2-5 years down the road looks good.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Wpgpage

Quote:

Your being way to hard on Kane he plays the cycle game well, his shot is amazing and he gets to the open areas of the ice, what more do you want from a sniper? Everyone says he should be a bullish power forward, well what if hes not? What if hes a pure sniper that floats around and scores 30-40 goals a season? A Phil Kessel with more grit. Whats wrong with that?

Old
03-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Damascus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdoe42 View Post
Like Ive said before this teams performance is all about perspectives...

After watching the Oilers stink it up for years and watching them be outta the playoffs in February Its a pure breath of fresh air to watch this team because I know that there arent many big question marks with the franchise.

With the Oilers there was always something too talk about Ownership, The Building, No defence, No goaltending, Bad Contracts, Coaching, Trying too teach them about the AHL And The DRAFT!! As far as im concerned we have 5 gold stars in those categories lol and some days struggle too come here too find things too talk about witch I think is a good thing.

So from my perspective this has been a absolute dream of a season I got too go too every game this year witch I never even dreamed of being able too do.

Making the playoffs would just have been a bonus
I know. This is the first year where my team misses the playoffs and I don't feel let down and like crap. The Jets didn't let me down. They played to their capability and battled hard and I am okay with that. I can see progress and look forward to next year.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Damascus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgpage View Post
Your being way to hard on Kane he plays the cycle game well, his shot is amazing and he gets to the open areas of the ice, what more do you want from a sniper? Everyone says he should be a bullish power forward, well what if hes not? What if hes a pure sniper that floats around and scores 30-40 goals a season? A Phil Kessel with more grit. Whats wrong with that?
I don't know. It is pretty clear there are some problems with it. How is it that no one really likes a guy that scores 30 goals a year. Watching Kane play makes me angry.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Quote:
Apparently there is going to be a HUGE announcement regarding this TODAY (yes Sunday!) involving the Provincial Government and PQP.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Apparently there is going to be a HUGE announcement regarding this TODAY (yes Sunday!) involving the Provincial Government and PQP.
Sweet!

03-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Wpgpage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damascus View Post
I don't know. It is pretty clear there are some problems with it. How is it that no one really likes a guy that scores 30 goals a year. Watching Kane play makes me angry.
As long as he keeps scoring 30+ a year I could care less how he plays. I think a lot of people are angry he doesn't play a gritty hard nosed game but I just don't think that's his style, and its not his fault he plays the way he plays. I think trying Kane-Burmi-Antro again would not be the worst idea once Antro is healthy.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:11 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
It is ends up being about a new arena
They will get a team for next season.

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Closed Thread