HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs lose boring game 4-1

Old
03-24-2012, 11:40 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
not elite but a playoff team
We were a playoff team going into this season...

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
heck i rather have a monkey behind the bench so there is some action behind the bench
**** will go down...literally.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Teufelsdreck

I thought that the team looked ragged, especially on the power play. Once again we saw that Tomas plekanec is the best Hab on a breakaway.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:16 AM
ThaDevilGirl

I'm glad other people spend their Saturday night doing anything else.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:45 AM
DrunkenHabz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I thought that the team looked ragged, especially on the power play. Once again we saw that Tomas plekanec is the best Hab on a breakaway.
Yeah I'd be raging too, when your PP doesn't do **** the whole game, and you are being scored on an opponent PP 6 seconds in, that gotta suck. More over when Markov has been robbed. Also, what's the point of booing Subban anyway? I know some fans can be butt-hurt about his rough/swag playstyle, but the whole ****ing crowd was booing him whenever he got near the puck. Has he got some kind of star-power yet... like Ovechkin or Crosby would be booed for? Or are those Philly fans just not forgetting the Richards incident (which really was nothing and very over-hyped by the media)? Or they're just jealous? Whatever.

For Plekanec, I think you are being fooled by the insane amount of opportunities Pleks get in PK breakaways. Cause yeah he sure gets a lot of chances, but he missed most of them. Good on him to score tonight though, hopefully he's gonna score more like that next year.

DrunkenHabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:56 AM
bentheprop

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenHabz View Post
Yeah I'd be raging too, when your PP doesn't do **** the whole game, and you are being scored on an opponent PP 6 seconds in, that gotta suck. More over when Markov has been robbed. Also, what's the point of booing Subban anyway? I know some fans can be butt-hurt about his rough/swag playstyle, but the whole ****ing crowd was booing him whenever he got near the puck. Has he got some kind of star-power yet... like Ovechkin or Crosby would be booed for? Or are those Philly fans just not forgetting the Richards incident (which really was nothing and very over-hyped by the media)? Or they're just jealous? Whatever.

For Plekanec, I think you are being fooled by the insane amount of opportunities Pleks get in PK breakaways. Cause yeah he sure gets a lot of chances, but he missed most of them. Good on him to score tonight though, hopefully he's gonna score more like that next year.
Philadelphia is the same city that cheered for a career ending injury and booed Santa Claus... just ignore it.

bentheprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:59 AM
poetryinmotion

Can the season end already.

We cheered for a playoff spot, then we cheered for a bottom pick, now that we are assured of it, there's nothing to root for anymore. I don't even have it in me to watch the tean lose anymore, all I want is this **** to end as soon as possible so we can move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
I'm glad other people spend their Saturday night doing anything else.
Hey we're guys, probably weirdo's too, what's your excuse?

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 01:07 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentheprop View Post
Philadelphia is the same city that cheered for a career ending injury and booed Santa Claus... just ignore it.
Did you see that idiot fatso behind the glass with the Flyers jersey when Subban got penalized for knocking down a flyer? He practically tied to jump through the glass to get at him.

I'd like to muster up all the mucus I can and spit in their collective faces. Flyer fans are disgusting, the worst in America all sports combined. That whole city is trash.

Old
03-25-2012, 01:08 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Can the season end already.

We cheered for a playoff spot, then we cheered for a bottom pick, now that we are assured of it, there's nothing to root for anymore. I don't even have it in me to watch the tean lose anymore, all I want is this **** to end as soon as possible so we can move on.

#RJ

nothing is settled. not by a longshot. Erik Cole is not a fan 'o tank.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 01:11 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
#RJ

nothing is settled. not by a longshot. Erik Cole is not a fan 'o tank.
Oh, crap. Thanks for the save there. What was I thinking?

Old
03-25-2012, 01:15 AM
bentheprop

Quote:
Did you see that idiot fatso behind the glass with the Flyers jersey when Subban got penalized for knocking down a flyer? He practically tied to jump through the glass to get at him.

I'd like to muster up all the mucus I can and spit in their collective faces. Flyer fans are disgusting, the worst in America all sports combined. That whole city is trash.
As bad as Flyers fans are, they pale in comparison to Eagles fans. Their old stadium had it's own court, judge and jail inside the stadium to deal with the unruly fans. Not sure that I'd have the nerve to spit on them though, their retaliation would probably be worse. (Hint: Google Matthew Clemmens)

Old
03-25-2012, 01:22 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentheprop View Post
As bad as Flyers fans are, they pale in comparison to Eagles fans. Their old stadium had it's own court, judge and jail inside the stadium to deal with the unruly fans. Not sure that I'd have the nerve to spit on them though, their retaliation would probably be worse. (Hint: Google Matthew Clemmens)
Yeah, that's not even close to the worst that they are capable of. And I knowy a couple of people online that are from Philadelphia from gaming and they all share the same gene. They think they are all Rocky Balboa's IRL. I wouldn't mind getting into a fight with a couple of drunken hicks honestly, I am friends with some amateur MMA'ers and I take classes too, been doing so for years.

Maybe I shoulld just call my "buddy" GSP instead though (jk, I've only met him once at tristar Gym)

Last edited by poetryinmotion: 03-25-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Old
03-25-2012, 01:28 AM
bentheprop

Quote:
Yeah, that's not even close to the worst that they are capable of. And I knowy a couple of people online that are from Philadelphia from gaming and they all share the same gene. They think they are all Rocky Balboa's IRL. I wouldn't mind getting into a fight with a couple of drunken hicks honestly, I am friends with some amateur MMA'ers and I take classes too, been doing so for years.
I know they're capable of worse but that was the first incident that came to mind when spitting was mentioned.

Old
03-25-2012, 03:06 AM
habtastic

the funny thing about "it's always sunny" (one of my favourite shows) is that they are made out to be the delinquents in society when really everyone there is an a hole (sports fans).

That being said, I hate Boston fans way more. I can ignore the cheesepuffs. The Empire is just a whole league of its own. Big bowl of wrong. Can't wait for Grigs to bust open that death star.

#RJ

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:10 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

reffs were awful all game. They called everything, all roughing gestures, guys would look at each other wrong, they would be called. I hope it's not the futur of this game.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:03 AM
Habs13

Very few good things have come out of this season and things look like an all-time low right now. But changes are coming and for once, that is a given ; no longer do we expect the unexpected.

- Alexi Emelin ; Finally comes over and gives the Habs what they've lacked on the blue line since Komisarek.

- Erik Cole ; Everything the Habs have needed up front for more than a decade. Hits hard, goes to the net and hit the 30 goal mark.

- Max Pacioretty emerges as a power forward.

- Team toughness! Ryan White returns and gets help from Blunden and Staubitz! I hope we get to see Moen and Geoffrion in the line up with those guys before seasons end. Finally, grit!

- Top tier pick - or at least the potential to draft a top tier pick.

- Georges and Subban gain massive experiance and do well.

Still, lots of work to do. We need a new coaching staff and a management clean-out. Hopefully we draft well, find a few good UFA's to continue growing bigger and meaner and find homes for Kaberle, Gomez and Gionta, and for the love of bacon, don't re-sign Darche or Campolli!!!!!

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:24 AM
habitue*

I don't care if they lose all the remaining road games, but I would really like them to play .500 or better at home. They owe that to the paying Bell Centre's fans.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Habs

Can someone tell me if Blunden actually drops the gloves, or does he just stand around yapping and threatening to hit people ,while his teammates really do fight?

He's really starting to annoy me. Just either drop em, or get out of the way. Since his return you see him standing there, warning of the upcoming apocalypse he will release upon those that threaten him, but nothing ever comes of it.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
IMO you have it backwards. Complaining shows people still are watching. Indifference shows people aren't watching and have stopped caring. Simply compare the Leafs board activity and Habs board activity. Leafs have been consistently brutal for 5 years now and their fans continue to watch. They complain and whine but they'll continue to watch and grasp on to anything for a little hope. Habs have been brutal for the first time in years and yet people have already stopped caring even before the season is through. People will certainly return next season but if they start off poorly again it's very likely people will stop caring even sooner than this season since it won't be something new. This is why I think the Habs will have more pressure to turn it around than the Leafs.
You know - there is a different explanation than indifference: avoidance of a painful situation. People choose to ignore the game (I actually preferred watching Roy Dupuis smashing Sean Avery's face, fake as it was) then to live the pain of a 5 on 3 where all they could do were slap shots from the blue line.

Toronto fans have been exposed to so much pain over the last years that they become resistant. They can watch their team fail and make fun of it. We have not - not yet at least.Our last few seasons, as bad as some might want to make them look, were good for the fans - tons of drama and unexpected success.

Basically - people did not stop caring - they stopped from exposing themselves to intense pain because they care too much. Torontonians can't feel the pain anymore. We might get there, though.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Can someone tell me if Blunden actually drops the gloves, or does he just stand around yapping and threatening to hit people ,while his teammates really do fight?

He's really starting to annoy me. Just either drop em, or get out of the way. Since his return you see him standing there, warning of the upcoming apocalypse he will release upon those that threaten him, but nothing ever comes of it.
What, he's not like Lapierre. I don't think I've ever seen him get in the face of someone and threaten them. He hits, and when the other team try and retaliate, he tells them to gtfo. To answer your question, I don't think he's a fighter.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

We should change the "Post Game Talk" prefix to "Post Game Tank".

It would be more fitting

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 01:35 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
I have none

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 01:49 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post

He can't fight.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:17 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
not even 100 posts

this is a pretty dead PGT

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:19 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I had a date that went great and at the end of the night I checked my phone to find out we lost and Toronto was in OT.

It was a great night.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote