HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs lose 4-3

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2012, 11:35 PM
  #151
-DeMo-
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Huntsville Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,276
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshot View Post
Accepting losing is a good thing? Embracing a culture of losing is alright if it is late in the season?
accepting losing isn't a good thing but we've already lost this season so it's time to accept that. 5-6 games doesn't change the attitude of the team wheather we finish 23rd overall or 28th overall the players wont feel any better about themselves heading into the off-season. every win from here on out is depreciating the value of our pick, which at this point thats all there is to play for is the position we will pick in the entry draft.

-DeMo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:38 PM
  #152
ECanuck
Registered User
 
ECanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshot View Post
Perhaps it is a case of better coaching? There is a new coach now.
For you maybe. For me it is self explanatory.

ECanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:41 PM
  #153
rimshot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North of South Mtn.
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
I'll guarantee you that I'm just as dyed in the wool a Leafs fan as you. You see enough garbage go down over the years and you'll realize that why should you even care about the actual organization(MLSE and it's predecessor). It sure as hell doesn't care about you.
Cry me a river. You either respect the sweater or you don't. If you think we Leaf fans are cheering for an owner or a BOD you seem to have missed the point of being a fan of any team. It is all about loyalty to the Leafs not Ballard or Tannenbaum. When you say that the Leafs are not a proud organization you insult every Leaf fan around the world.

rimshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:43 PM
  #154
rimshot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North of South Mtn.
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECanuck View Post
For you maybe. For me it is self explanatory.
They did not like the old coach so they went on strike to get him fired. Yes the conspiracy theories run amok after every coach firing. Why would this be different.

rimshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:44 PM
  #155
rimshot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North of South Mtn.
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeMo- View Post
accepting losing isn't a good thing but we've already lost this season so it's time to accept that. 5-6 games doesn't change the attitude of the team wheather we finish 23rd overall or 28th overall the players wont feel any better about themselves heading into the off-season. every win from here on out is depreciating the value of our pick, which at this point thats all there is to play for is the position we will pick in the entry draft.
And you are proposing that they go out and lose on purpose?

rimshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:45 PM
  #156
Erdinger
Registered User
 
Erdinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshot View Post
Cry me a river. You either respect the sweater or you don't. If you think we Leaf fans are cheering for an owner or a BOD you seem to have missed the point of being a fan of any team. It is all about loyalty to the Leafs not Ballard or Tannenbaum. When you say that the Leafs are not a proud organization you insult every Leaf fan around the world.
Lots of long time Leafs fans feel the same way about the "organization" believe me. One thing I've learned about being a Leafs fan is you better have a strong hide. I'd suggest you thicken yours.

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:47 PM
  #157
ECanuck
Registered User
 
ECanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshot View Post
They did not like the old coach so they went on strike to get him fired. Yes the conspiracy theories run amok after every coach firing. Why would this be different.
They couldn't even play 500 hockey. It is right there for you to see. Lupul, Kulemin, MacArthur in the line up. Now you have Lombardi replacing Lupul and Hamilton replacing Kulemin.

ECanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:49 PM
  #158
ECanuck
Registered User
 
ECanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshot View Post
And you are proposing that they go out and lose on purpose?
Aim for ninth again? We have seen this story many times. Stop it.

ECanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:50 PM
  #159
rimshot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North of South Mtn.
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
Lots of long time Leafs fans feel the same way about the "organization" believe me. One thing I've learned about being a Leafs fan is you better have a strong hide. I'd suggest you thicken yours.
I cheered the 61-67 teams and I lived through the Ballard years. My hide is as thick and wrinkled as it is going to get.

rimshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:52 PM
  #160
rimshot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North of South Mtn.
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECanuck View Post
Aim for ninth again? We have seen this story many times. Stop it.
Answer a question with a question? Come on man, what are you proposing; other than really loud booing? How would you facilitate this tanking? LSD in the water bottles?

rimshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:54 PM
  #161
rimshot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North of South Mtn.
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECanuck View Post
They couldn't even play 500 hockey. It is right there for you to see. Lupul, Kulemin, MacArthur in the line up. Now you have Lombardi replacing Lupul and Hamilton replacing Kulemin.
Well, you can't disprove a negative.

rimshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:55 PM
  #162
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge
 
Dangles McGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oakville
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,239
vCash: 500
If Connolly, Steckel, and Crabb could play like they've been playing the last handful of games, consistently, they'd be a really good line. Great shutdown line for the most part and they play very well together.

It's frustrating to see Timmy only play well at times this season. I really like him as a player when he plays with HEART. Guys got filthy hands and fantastic vision, and a really good shot to boot, so I don't understand why he spent the middle third of this season doing nothing. I guess he was stuck with Lombardi for that portion, so that could have a lot to do with it. Lombardi has got to be the most useless player I've ever seen. For a coach like Carlyle who likes ROLE players, I can't see Lombardi coming back next year. He cannot play a role. Utterly useless.

Exciting game at least. I enjoyed it. Sucks we got the point, but whatever, it's about time we get a couple back to back exciting games like that.

Good game Leafs.

Dangles McGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:56 PM
  #163
ECanuck
Registered User
 
ECanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshot View Post
Answer a question with a question? Come on man, what are you proposing; other than really loud booing? How would you facilitate this tanking? LSD in the water bottles?
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results. So, what I'm suggesting is something different than that 9th spot. I'm tired of the 9th place finish.

You are not catching the drift though.

ECanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:04 AM
  #164
rimshot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North of South Mtn.
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECanuck View Post
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results. So, what I'm suggesting is something different than that 9th spot. I'm tired of the 9th place finish.

You are not catching the drift though.
Again, what do you have in mind. Stating goals is not an action plan. Once again, what is to be done? Selective assassinations? Snakes on a plane? I am not catching the drift because you put nothing in the current.

rimshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:04 AM
  #165
Erdinger
Registered User
 
Erdinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshot View Post
I cheered the 61-67 teams and I lived through the Ballard years. My hide is as thick and wrinkled as it is going to get.
Good. We are obviously the same age then. Then you should understand that when they won in the 60's they were a proud organization. Glad that you lived through the years of an owner that basically thumbed his noses at the fanbase and did his utmost to destroy the work of guys like Jim Gregory to build up an excellent group of players who had the misfortune to be playing in the same era as the most dominant NHL team ever. An organization that turned a blind eye on a pedophile group of ushers at MLG? All that the successor organization has done is turn the whole thing into an immense profit centre with 2 short bursts of moderate playoff success. Respect the sweater. Sure I'm onboard with that. Do I have to worship the ownership and management's every move? I think not.

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:05 AM
  #166
ECanuck
Registered User
 
ECanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshot View Post
Again, what do you have in mind. Stating goals is not an action plan. Once again, what is to be done? Selective assassinations? Snakes on a plane? I am not catching the drift because you put nothing in the current.
I have golfing in mind and a second last place finish.

ECanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:09 AM
  #167
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge
 
Dangles McGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oakville
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,239
vCash: 500
I'm scared that Carlyle said "Lombardi was a very effective player with Bozak and Kessel". Not the case, my friend. Not the case whatsoever.

Dangles McGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:12 AM
  #168
Yosho
Logic
 
Yosho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,350
vCash: 500
Did I miss something... why did Ashton only play 2:00?

Send him down if that's all he's playing.

Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:14 AM
  #169
Erdinger
Registered User
 
Erdinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosho View Post
Did I miss something... why did Ashton only play 2:00?

Send him down if that's all he's playing.
Carlyle basically rolled 3 lines tonight. it wasn't just Ashton, it was the whole 4th line that saw basically no ice.

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:15 AM
  #170
Yosho
Logic
 
Yosho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
Carlyle basically rolled 3 lines tonight. it wasn't just Ashton, it was the whole 4th line that saw basically no ice.
That's usually the way it goes...

But why play Ashton on the 4th line in the first place? That's Wilson-development-logic right there.

Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:15 AM
  #171
rimshot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North of South Mtn.
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECanuck View Post
I have golfing in mind and a second last place finish.
And maybe complete your Masters in Obfuscation?

rimshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:19 AM
  #172
ECanuck
Registered User
 
ECanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshot View Post
And maybe complete your Masters in Obfuscation?
I guess 9th place is where you gonna end up and repeat this next year. If that's what you want. Sometimes you need common sense and not a masters.

ECanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:21 AM
  #173
ECanuck
Registered User
 
ECanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosho View Post
Did I miss something... why did Ashton only play 2:00?

Send him down if that's all he's playing.
Cannot risk losing that ninth place finish.

ECanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:23 AM
  #174
rimshot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North of South Mtn.
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
Good. We are obviously the same age then. Then you should understand that when they won in the 60's they were a proud organization. Glad that you lived through the years of an owner that basically thumbed his noses at the fanbase and did his utmost to destroy the work of guys like Jim Gregory to build up an excellent group of players who had the misfortune to be playing in the same era as the most dominant NHL team ever. An organization that turned a blind eye on a pedophile group of ushers at MLG? All that the successor organization has done is turn the whole thing into an immense profit centre with 2 short bursts of moderate playoff success. Respect the sweater. Sure I'm onboard with that. Do I have to worship the ownership and management's every move? I think not.
I still can't imagine why you are a Leaf fan. If you are so unhappy with what the owners have done since Smythe, for fuc+ sakes get yourself a hobby or a dog and quit crying about what a rotten franchise you are forced to support.

rimshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:25 AM
  #175
rimshot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North of South Mtn.
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECanuck View Post
I guess 9th place is where you gonna end up and repeat this next year. If that's what you want. Sometimes you need common sense and not a masters.
What a poser.

rimshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.