HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#75 Rangers @ Leafs

Old
03-25-2012, 01:17 AM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
It's Saturday night... Stop arguing about it and go out and get laid..
Excellent point and a priority worth acting on.

I some times wonder how much of that actually gets done around here.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 01:18 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessThisMess513 View Post
I don't want to burst your bubble but he only scored once so far. So lets see what happens. Also, the play offs are about to start so shoot outs aren't gonna be an issue soon.
I know, he's 1 for 9, but he was playing poorly the rest of the season too, he JUST started picking up his game again, and his career #s in the shootout are pretty good.

And I know playoffs are starting soon, but when you have 3 scrubs as your shootout lineup it says a lot about how much the team sucks (like last season)

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 02:12 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
Now that richards finally figured out how to score in the shootout, we actually have a respectable shootout lineup.

Remember last year's shootout lineup?
- Wolski, a lazy player who's been cut from so many teams in his short career
- Emo boy, who cuts himself if he misses
- MZA who was an AHLer at the time

Now we have
- An elite sniper
- A top line center
- Our captain
You do realize that last year we went 9-3 in shootouts while this year we're 4-5, right?

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 02:17 AM
BlessThisMess513

Quote:
I know, he's 1 for 9, but he was playing poorly the rest of the season too, he JUST started picking up his game again, and his career #s in the shootout are pretty good.

And I know playoffs are starting soon, but when you have 3 scrubs as your shootout lineup it says a lot about how much the team sucks (like last season)
Dude I know! This team is the ****ing worst! The nerve of the people on this board to think the New York Rangers, the worst team in EVER to hold the 1st seed in the east, could actually do anything note worthy. I'm appalled to be quite honest. I agree 150% with your in depth and concrete analysis of how this team straight out "sucks". I suggest we all just stop watching Ranger games in protest of how badly this team does in fact suck. In excusable play night in and out, with effortless play from merry-making buffoons such as Callahan and Prust. Lest we forget the on ice shenanigans from clowns like Hagelin and McDonagh. I for one, have had enough of this teams balder dash act they dare call a 60 minute effort. I am going to make sure you are hailed for nothing short of a harbinger of when this team will put forth a reasonable season that will be sure to meet your well-founded expectations.

BlessThisMess513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 02:19 AM
Zil

Quote:
Dude I know! This team is the ****ing worst! The nerve of the people on this board to think the New York Rangers, the worst team in EVER to hold the 1st seed in the east, could actually do anything note worthy. I'm appalled to be quite honest. I agree 150% with your in depth and concrete analysis of how this team straight out "sucks". I suggest we all just stop watching Ranger games in protest of how badly this team does in fact suck. In excusable play night in and out, with effortless play from merry-making buffoons such as Callahan and Prust. Lest we forget the on ice shenanigans from clowns like Hagelin and McDonagh. I for one, have had enough of this teams balder dash act they dare call a 60 minute effort. I am going to make sure you are hailed for nothing short of a harbinger of when this team will put forth a reasonable season that will be sure to meet your well-founded expectations.
I believe he was talking about last year's team sucking, not this year's team. I'm not agreeing with him, just clarifying.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:03 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I still laugh at the "super fans" on this board. The Leafs took us to the shootout. We lost to the 8th seed in the East. We're playing .500 (record) hockey in the last, what, 20 games? The team looks much worse then they did earlier in the season. That's unarguable fact. These are the same guys who think its okay for Dubinsky to be useless.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:16 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Now that richards finally figured out how to score in the shootout, we actually have a respectable shootout lineup.

Remember last year's shootout lineup?
- Wolski, a lazy player who's been cut from so many teams in his short career
- Emo boy, who cuts himself if he misses
- MZA who was an AHLer at the time

Now we have
- An elite sniper
- A top line center
- Our captain
Our shootout squad last year was fantastic. This new group in comparison is downright awful. Every time we made it to the SO last year my confidence was huge. Not so much anymore.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:20 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
yet somehow we suck according to some lol
We don't suck, but we hold the record we do because of the way we played before February. The past 2 months has been torturous after watching perfect defense and goaltending. Now our defense is average at best most games, and Hank is in a slump. I just don't understand how some of you can be happy with that.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:27 AM
Vitto79

ahhh darn Pens lost , Rangers win, dont care how it gets done.........Torts was a flip show 2nite,lol..........lets go Rangers!

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:28 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
We don't suck, but we hold the record we do because of the way we played before February. The past 2 months has been torturous after watching perfect defense and goaltending. Now our defense is average at best most games, and Hank is in a slump. I just don't understand how some of you can be happy with that.
To be fair, they haven't had a breather. A game every other day whilst having two back-to-backs. They will finally have two days off but it's followed by another back-to-back.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:29 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
oh i dunno how about we take the season as a whole and realize they have time to right the ship for the playoffs

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:18 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
To be fair, they haven't had a breather. A game every other day whilst having two back-to-backs. They will finally have two days off but it's followed by another back-to-back.

Yup. 17 games in March. Back to back games on 4 ocassions. 2nd game of a back to back is a road game on all 4 ocassions too. More than 1 day break only ONCE (right now). Crazy schedule plus the way they play isnt helping.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:29 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
I still laugh at the "super fans" on this board. The Leafs took us to the shootout. We lost to the 8th seed in the East. We're playing .500 (record) hockey in the last, what, 20 games? The team looks much worse then they did earlier in the season. That's unarguable fact. These are the same guys who think its okay for Dubinsky to be useless.
No man, don't you get it? The Cup is handed out in the last regular season game of the year. It doesn't matter if they go in to the playoffs playing like garbage, as long as they squeak out wins in the SO against a lottery team and keep first in the conference. Even if it means other teams having to take an uncharacteristic loss with their young back-up starting the game, to get them there.

Stop making sense. You can only talk about the good things around here, and not the obvious issues that will bite this team in the ass come playoffs. Otherwise you are just a bi-polar clown who hates the team.

rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 05:09 AM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Had to miss this one (well "had to"). Got home in time for the post game, and just finished watching the "condensed" highlights from nhl.com.

Bad pinch by Bickel on that first goal and not too impressive by Dubi either. Happy to see Gabs back on the score sheet and getting back to some real forecheck pressure. If he can find his game again, we'll be good for the playoffs.

Don't get the people complaining that the Leafs held us to a shootout. They're always a hard team to play and they're always fired up to play the Rangers. Huge win to basically ensure us the division if we beat pit.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 05:20 AM
NYRSkate

As with all fan bases I guess, for some of you it sounds like you won't be satisfied until the Rangers are eliminated from the playoffs. I don't understand the mentality.

NYRSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 06:09 AM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSkate View Post
As with all fan bases I guess, for some of you it sounds like you won't be satisfied until the Rangers are eliminated from the playoffs. I don't understand the mentality.
Right? It does seem a bit strange to me. I sort of get it, though. When you care about a team, you want them to be as strong as possible. If you feel players or management are underperforming, you get upset and express your discontent.

Here's my angle: This team shouldn't be where it is right now. With the young core, tons of remaining cap space and still in need of a piece or two, looking at first seed is impressive. If they lose in the 2nd round, I'll be okay with that, as I know they are very likely to be even better next year. Of course, you always want your team to battle for the cup, but slowly building a possible championship team, is the way to go. So next season, we might have something like:

Nash - Richards - Gaborik
Kreider - Stepan - Callahan
Hagelin - Anisimov - Zuccarello
Rupp - Boyle - Prust

Staal - Girardi
Mcd - MDZ
___ - Strålman

That's three scoring lines with grit, speed, scoring and passing. And one of the better fourth lines in the business. I'll miss Dubi if he goes, but if we can get a guy like Nash to add the scoring we're missing, I'll let him go.

My main point. This team is only getting better. Next year is our year (with our luck there's a lockout).

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:54 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
Right? It does seem a bit strange to me. I sort of get it, though. When you care about a team, you want them to be as strong as possible. If you feel players or management are underperforming, you get upset and express your discontent.

Here's my angle: This team shouldn't be where it is right now. With the young core, tons of remaining cap space and still in need of a piece or two, looking at first seed is impressive. If they lose in the 2nd round, I'll be okay with that, as I know they are very likely to be even better next year. Of course, you always want your team to battle for the cup, but slowly building a possible championship team, is the way to go. So next season, we might have something like:

Nash - Richards - Gaborik
Kreider - Stepan - Callahan
Hagelin - Anisimov - Zuccarello
Rupp - Boyle - Prust

Staal - Girardi
Mcd - MDZ
___ - Strålman

That's three scoring lines with grit, speed, scoring and passing. And one of the better fourth lines in the business. I'll miss Dubi if he goes, but if we can get a guy like Nash to add the scoring we're missing, I'll let him go.

My main point. This team is only getting better. Next year is our year (with our luck there's a lockout).
You are right
But I would rather see something like this next year:

Hagelin- Richards - Gaborik
Ray Whitney/Kreider - Stepan - Callahan
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Zuccarello/Whitney
Rupp/Zuccarello - Boyle - Prust

Staal - Girardi
Mcd - MDZ
Erixon - Sauer (Shultz?)
Strålman (should be resigned if we miss out on Schultz and/or if Sauer is done), Bickel (as a spare fwd/D for brawls and injuries)
  • Ease Kreider into the pro game
  • Sign Ray Whitney on a one year deal at 3 M
  • Have Whitney here as a one year stop gap UFA for added depth, scoring and experience
  • Sign Kreider to ELC
  • Resign RFAs MDZ, MZA, Bickel and ev Strålman
  • Sign our pending UFAs Biron & Prust
  • Try to sign Schultz
  • Let Scott (might be useful as an AHL enforcer), Eminger, Woywitka, Fedotenko & Mitchell (our new whipping boy) walk
  • Have the ability left to resign our RFAs after next season (Stepan, McD, AA, Hagelin and Sauer)

No big changes or big contracts
Unless, of course, a real good deal comes along...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
  • Ease Kreider into the pro game
  • Sign Ray Whitney on a one year deal at 3 M
  • Have Whitney here as a one year stop gap UFA for added depth, scoring and experience
  • Sign Kreider to ELC
  • Resign RFAs MDZ, MZA, Bickel and ev Strålman
  • Sign our pending UFAs Biron & Prust
  • Try to sign Schultz
  • Let Scott (might be useful as an AHL enforcer), Eminger, Woywitka, Fedotenko & Mitchell (our new whipping boy) walk
  • Have the ability left to resign our RFAs after next season (Stepan, McD, AA, Hagelin and Sauer)

No big changes or big contracts
Unless, of course, a real good deal comes along...
I'd say this is a great, realistic plan. Well done . I'm fine bringing back either Stralman or Bickel, I think the organization prefers Stu to be honest.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:07 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Nobody is happy about it. I'm pissed the **** off for hours/days when we lose any game. There's a difference between not being happy with the team's play and acting like the sky is falling.

This is my perspective (and I suspect the perspective of some others as well):

Every team goes through slumps, just like every team goes on hot streaks. We're in a slump and Pittsburgh is on a hot streak. Plus, I think if anyone had said before the season started that we would be where we are in the standings at this point in the year, everyone would have been pretty damn happy. Now that we've been spoiled by the team's play from November to January, all of a sudden first place isn't good enough.

This was never supposed to be the year for us. The window was supposed to start next year, with Kreider in the mix, a healthy Staal, hopefully the return of Sauer, the young guys' continued development, etc. Torts has been talking all along about the "process" and part of that "process" is learning how to handle tough times and how to learn from your mistakes. Chicago had to lose before they could win it all. So did Pittsburgh, Boston, and Anaheim. They all had tough playoff exits and then came back and won.

It's all a matter of perspective. We're all worried about how the team is playing, but we've taken different viewpoints on what their poor play means. I hate when everyone on this board is all moody and pissed off at each other (and that goes for just about everybody these days). Let's all stop going at each other's throats and get back to being Ranger fans.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Death By BB Gun
#therightway

Are you kidding me? Yeah, how dare we actually root for this team and be relieved after a tight win. That only makes us brainwashed "cheerleaders". We should be constantly miserable after every game because that's what the "real" fans do. Christ in heaven, actually having the nerve to crack a smile after win. You should all be ashamed.

I don't know if we'll actually go "all the way" this season, but I'd like to see it - if for no other reason than to see some of you try and spin it into a negative.

Death By BB Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
I was saying last year's team, the one who barely made it in and got a first round exit, sucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Our shootout squad last year was fantastic. This new group in comparison is downright awful. Every time we made it to the SO last year my confidence was huge. Not so much anymore.
Yes, last year's shootout squad was great, but the shootout squad contributed nothing during the game. And richards slumping singlehandedly cost us most of our shootout losses this year

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Yeah Wolski-Christensen-Zuccarello was a line that was certainly unreliable at even strength and dressed mostly for shootout ability.

No idea why our best shootout guys tend to be always our least reliable during the course of play.

03-25-2012, 12:29 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quotes from Tortorella:

Quote:
“(Richards and Gaborik) have to play a little defense, too, and they’re both capable of doing that,” Tortorella said. “The third goal is probably one of the greatest goals I’ve ever seen, as far as what Richie did at the blue line — to stay onside, get the puck and then saucer one to Gabby.

“It was just one hell of a goal. But they can’t get scored on twice by (Toronto’s) fourth line.”

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:46 PM
WeWillWinTonight

I was at a bar watching Game so it was hard to really pay attention, what did Dubi do that he only got 7mins of play?

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:47 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
To me, Bickel's pinch was perfectly fine in that situation. Dubinsky didn't cover for him and that led to the 2-on-1. Tortorella saw it the same way, which is why Dubinsky got kicked off the 2nd line from that point on.
Totally agree, I had the CBC NHL Net feed, and you could see on the replay Dubi was up high as Bickel pinched but then decide to pinch himself.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote