HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

New Taylormade Hockey sticks

Old
01-03-2013, 01:31 PM
TieClark

vCash: 500
Neither of you were impressed by it in store? I thought it felt great when we got it in... weight is light, balance felt good, flex didn't seem stiff or whippy (85). I would consider it for sure

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 01:38 PM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

My buddy was looking at sticks the other day when I was getting my skates sharpened and he ended going with the RBZ 60. For the price ($115 US) it was very light, Total Hockey has it listed at 499 grams. The other thing I noticed was the blade seemed hot, so my guess is what people have been saying so far prove that. Great response on shoots but tough to handle passes. Seemed "pingy" to me.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 01:39 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Neither of you were impressed by it in store? I thought it felt great when we got it in... weight is light, balance felt good, flex didn't seem stiff or whippy (85). I would consider it for sure
Do you guys get the same wicked pro deal on the 20K/RBZ?

If I didn't have as many sticks... haha

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'm an intermediate flex so it's possible I'm missing out on tons of great sticks because the companies can't translate their product down to whippy flexes. Like Reebok, everything listed at 65 flex feels like it's about 100 flex, so I can't use anything from them.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 01:52 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Do you guys get the same wicked pro deal on the 20K/RBZ?

If I didn't have as many sticks... haha
No we actually had issues getting the RBZ at all because we didn't sell many CCM's at all... probably below 3 for all of last year. We got a sick deal on T70's, 90's and 100's though which also impressed me for a stick nobody really considers as good as the NXG's, APX's and what not

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 04:19 PM
AIREAYE

Ahh that sucks, the Sherwood offering is pretty decent though, I wouldn't mind trying a T100 in a 75 Ryan if we had that too.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 07:52 PM
Mdmopa1

the T-90 is a great stick

Mdmopa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 10:10 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Seems like a lot of players at the WJC are using the CCM/Taylor Made stick.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdmopa1 View Post
the T-90 is a great stick
Shame the intermediate T-90 is a toy covered in stickers with the same name

Old
01-04-2013, 11:43 AM
jsykes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHawks View Post
My buddy was looking at sticks the other day when I was getting my skates sharpened and he ended going with the RBZ 60. For the price ($115 US) it was very light, Total Hockey has it listed at 499 grams. The other thing I noticed was the blade seemed hot, so my guess is what people have been saying so far prove that. Great response on shoots but tough to handle passes. Seemed "pingy" to me.
Blade is different on the RBZ60 than on the RBZ. The 60 actually has foam in it like any other blade, so it shouldnt be compared exactly to the RBZ.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:29 PM
AcidJazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Shame the intermediate T-90 is a toy covered in stickers with the same name
Can you elaborate on that a bit more? Is the same true for the T100? I was thinking this would be my next stick.

AcidJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:30 PM
RedWinger10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I'm an intermediate flex so it's possible I'm missing out on tons of great sticks because the companies can't translate their product down to whippy flexes. Like Reebok, everything listed at 65 flex feels like it's about 100 flex, so I can't use anything from them.
I have the opposite problem. I'm 6'6" (without skates) so I have to put a massive plug in all my sticks so they are tall enough. This translates to me having little to no feel in my top hand and I have to get insanely siff sticks (110+) so it balances out when I lengthen the stick. I don't have the money to get custom or pro stock sticks that are the right length.

RedWinger10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:57 AM
esidebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWinger10 View Post
I have the opposite problem. I'm 6'6" (without skates) so I have to put a massive plug in all my sticks so they are tall enough. This translates to me having little to no feel in my top hand and I have to get insanely siff sticks (110+) so it balances out when I lengthen the stick. I don't have the money to get custom or pro stock sticks that are the right length.
Really? I'm 6'5 and honestly, I think you're just using too big a stick. I cut mine so that they come to about the lip or so on feet.

esidebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidJazz View Post
Can you elaborate on that a bit more? Is the same true for the T100? I was thinking this would be my next stick.
The original T90 intermediate stick had fake carbon fiber stickers on it. I mean, real obvious stickers that were just flat gray and black. Balance was crap and it felt heavy. The T90 senior sticks were completely different, they had an actual carbon fiber wrap and felt better balanced.

The new T90 undercover is true carbon fiber and feels super light, but the intermediate version is literally about 3/8" thick. It feels like you're trying to hold a ruler, not a hockey stick. I mean, any other intermediate shaft is probably 1" wide by 5/8" thick but this one is half the thickness of anything else I've ever seen. It's just dumb.

I get if you want the TAPER of the stick to be thin and flat, but not the entire shaft.

Can't recall the specifics of the T100 but it's got a normal shape to it.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:06 AM
intangible

I love my RBZs; I have three.

I usually use a Tavares mid (85) flexx. One was cut down to about my bottom lip, the other about a quarter of an inch higher. As a defenseman I've been trying to keep my sticks longer, but I felt like I might be able to get more power on my point shots. I cut down one of them to about collarbone height to see how that would work out, and then bought a stiff (100) flex to give my shot more power behind it.

On the latter point, I noticed something about these sticks: occasionally I get off a snap shot so fast I don't even see it leave my stick, which is impressive since I'm a goalie and usually pick it up quickly. A couple times my shot would come off my stick, and then I had no idea where it went.. one time it almost hit the goalie in the head, and the other went in the net. I then noticed that the more I can get a shot off the heel of my stick, the less of that twist I end up getting, as it sometimes does off the toe. That's why I'm trying to cut down my stick and also use a greater flex; I'm seeing if I can use that rigidity to get more power, as I've been able to do with shots off the heel.

Have two games tonight, so I'll have to report back on my findings. But, either way, I love this stick. Durable (haven't broken any yet, and I've had them since before debut), great shot, accurate passes, no break-in time, and the whip hasn't broken down like my old V10 did.

intangible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:02 AM
intangible

Cutting it short was a complete and utter failure, but oh boy did the stiff flex come through! My wristers were incredibly more powerful, my snapshots much more powerful, as well, but I couldn't slapshot for anything. Couldn't get it off the ground, so will have to work with the stiffness a bit more for that. Nonetheless, still the best stick I've ever used.

intangible is offline   Reply With Quote