HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus vs. Edmonton | 3/25 3PM EDT

Old
03-25-2012, 08:55 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
mission accomplished
Fail complete!

Now just need a little draft drawing magic.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:01 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 1500
It seems to me that seeing 3 Blue Jackets tweeting about golf, within 2 hours of getting their ***** kicked, and ensuring 30th place in the NHL for the season, just shows no one gives a damn in the locker room.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:03 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
It seems to me that seeing 3 Blue Jackets tweeting about golf, within 2 hours of getting their ***** kicked, and ensuring 30th place in the NHL for the season, just shows no one gives a damn in the locker room.
What are they supposed to do?

If I have a bad day at work I have a beer and do something to take my mind from it. Dwelling on it isnt the only indication of giving a damn.

Let's be honest, it's not like they just lost game 7 in the playoffs. 1 of 82 and another one in 24 hours...you just have to move on. Being dead last won't really hit them until this summer anyway, when they hear about it from friends, family and media ad nauseum.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:16 PM
EDM

The question isn't how Howson still have job. It is why JMac is still an owner when he obviously does not give a damn about the franchise.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:35 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
What are they supposed to do?

If I have a bad day at work I have a beer and do something to take my mind from it. Dwelling on it isnt the only indication of giving a damn.

Let's be honest, it's not like they just lost game 7 in the playoffs. 1 of 82 and another one in 24 hours...you just have to move on. Being dead last won't really hit them until this summer anyway, when they hear about it from friends, family and media ad nauseum.
Your a nice guy John, and smart too, but honesty John, sometimes you remind me of everyone's Mother..

Last edited by Robert: 03-25-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:44 PM
ThisIsMyAlibi
Howson = Herminated

JMFJ with a -4.

ThisIsMyAlibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:47 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
The question isn't how Howson still have job. It is why JMac is still an owner when he obviously does not give a damn about the franchise.
Because this scenario doesn't happen in real life.
Seller - "Hello, I'd like to sell my ownership stake in my NHL team. I'm also quite desperate."
Buyer - "I'll give you $50."
Seller - "Why, you smarmy little....SOLD!"

Old
03-25-2012, 11:50 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Your a nice guy John, and smart too, but sometimes you remind me of everyone's Mother..
I'm not defending anyone.

I'm asking, what are they supposed to do? Cry themselves to sleep about it? What would show they give a damn? Silence? Seething anger? Chair throwing? People have seen too many sports movies. I think half of you are still wondering why Richards doesn't storm into the shower throwing hockey sticks at their legs.

They've lost 40 game or whatever and we're going to get outraged over some congrats sent to tiger woods? Really? As if being dead last wasn't some forgone conclusion weeks ago, NOW they don't give a damn because they say something about tiger winning a golf tournament. If they're talking about iLife driver they're going to pull out April 8, yeah, it's a little more offensive, but this? Really?

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:56 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:

I'm asking, what are they supposed to do? Cry themselves to sleep about it? What would show they give a damn? Silence? Seething anger? Chair throwing? People have seen too many sports movies. I think half of you are still wondering why Richards doesn't storm into the shower throwing hockey sticks at their legs.

They've lost 40 game or whatever and we're going to get outraged over some congrats sent to tiger woods? Really? As if being dead last wasn't some forgone conclusion weeks ago, NOW they don't give a damn because they say something about tiger winning a golf tournament. If they're talking about iLife driver they're going to pull out April 8, yeah, it's a little more offensive, but this? Really?
Not tweeting about golf (which is a known collectivism for giving up on a season) with three home games left that CBJ fans have paid money to see them win...and you know it...

Last edited by Robert: 03-26-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old
03-26-2012, 12:08 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Well, three days ago Ryan Johansen tweeted about sushi. As everyone knows, although the term "sushi" refers actually to the rice, it's generally a reference to the raw fish that accompanies it.

When a fish dies on its own, it normally goes belly-up in the water and floats. "Belly-up" is a term that also refers to "total failure". So Ryan Johansen was tweeting openly about total failure three days ago.

Also, sushi is a Japanese word. Although the Japanese have won skirmishes and battles in the 20th century, they also lost the only war that they were a major participant in. When faced with a divided cabinet, voting 3-3 on whether or not to continue the war, it was Emperor Hirohito who cast the deciding vote to end the war. This came after two Japanese cities were leveled by a single bomb each. One could say that this gave Hirohito....the nuclear...option?

Also, this would make Ryan Johansen either the ultimate insider, or the architect of everything. His home may well be the nexus of the universe, and we're sitting here talking about golf.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:18 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Well, three days ago Ryan Johansen tweeted about sushi. As everyone knows, although the term "sushi" refers actually to the rice, it's generally a reference to the raw fish that accompanies it.

When a fish dies on its own, it normally goes belly-up in the water and floats. "Belly-up" is a term that also refers to "total failure". So Ryan Johansen was tweeting openly about total failure three days ago.

Also, sushi is a Japanese word. Although the Japanese have won skirmishes and battles in the 20th century, they also lost the only war that they were a major participant in. When faced with a divided cabinet, voting 3-3 on whether or not to continue the war, it was Emperor Hirohito who cast the deciding vote to end the war. This came after two Japanese cities were leveled by a single bomb each. One could say that this gave Hirohito....the nuclear...option?

Also, this would make Ryan Johansen either the ultimate insider, or the architect of everything. His home may well be the nexus of the universe, and we're sitting here talking about golf.
That's a stretch, you are nominated for the next Mayor of Toyko..

Old
03-26-2012, 06:17 AM
IBleedUnionBlue

Quote:

I want players that hate losing. I don't want players that have become comfortable with or numb to getting their butts kicked, to giving up 5 goals in 1 period, and finishing dead last in the NHL.

And for those of you who missed it, here is Brassard tweeting to Commie asking him about how is the golf down in Florida last night...
https://twitter.com/#!/dbrassard16

Quote:
@commie22 hey Wayne hows the golf game going down there????
Sending a message like that after ensuring 30th place is at best a horrible PR move, and it just shows why Prospal called the locker room a country club.

Last edited by IBleedUnionBlue: 03-26-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old
03-26-2012, 07:00 AM
Hooks

Quote:
I want players that hate losing. I don't want players that have become comfortable with or numb to getting their butts kicked, to giving up 5 goals in 1 period, and finishing dead last in the NHL.

And for those of you who missed it, here is Brassard tweeting to Commie asking him about how is the golf down in Florida last night...

Sending a message like that after ensuring 30th place is at best a horrible PR move, and it just shows why Prospal called the locker room a country club.

Agree

Other tweets from CBJ players after last nights game.

Marc Methot ‏ @MarcMethot3
Tiger Woods. #nuffsaid

derick brassard ‏ @dbrassard16
Its Nice to see #Tiger win that tournament!! Good for him !! #hesback

RJ Umberger ‏ @Umby18
Cant wait for the masters!! RT @dbrassard16: Its Nice to see #Tiger win that tournament!! Good for him !! #hesback

Hooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 07:19 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyAlibi View Post
JMFJ with a -4.

It is kind of tough to have a good +/- when you happen to be on the ice when your goaltender gives up **** goals.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 07:26 AM
EspenK

@rnash-20something @glennsather Please give em what they want#helpme#bluejacketforever

Now that's more like it

Thought for the day: Maybe if the jackets had more chirpers than tweeters they would be better off

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 07:44 AM
Halfboard
mmmm, beer

Wow, so you guys actually believe these players think about hockey & the Blue Jackets 24/7? That they have no other outside interests?? That after a loss, they go into a catatonic, deep depression & self reflection?

Please............join the rest of us in the real world. It's not that scary..........................

Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 07:58 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

So this is what fandom in the 21st century has become, eavesdropping on players personal conversations and analyzing every thought and emotion expressed? It's like a bad si-fi movie from the '80s. Next, they'll be hooked up to monitors and you kids (and Robert) can evaluate their blood pressure and quack about the level of effort being expended on each shift on the ice. Have fun, I'd rather play golf.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Halfboard
mmmm, beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
So this is what fandom in the 21st century has become, eavesdropping on players personal conversations and analyzing every thought and emotion expressed? It's like a bad si-fi movie from the '80s. Next, they'll be hooked up to monitors and you kids (and Robert) can evaluate their blood pressure and quack about the level of effort being expended on each shift on the ice. Have fun, I'd rather play golf.
Excellent Pete............I too would rather be golfing. Don't care what the players are thinking, doing, drinking, eating, etc. Just as they don't care (or even ponder) what we're all doing.

Old
03-26-2012, 09:09 AM
IBleedUnionBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfboard View Post
Wow, so you guys actually believe these players think about hockey & the Blue Jackets 24/7? That they have no other outside interests?? That after a loss, they go into a catatonic, deep depression & self reflection?
After a loss where they get blown out by 5 goals in one period and secure 30th place, I dont expect them to be talking about golf. I don't see players on the Flyers or Red Wings tweeting about golf.

Quote:
So this is what fandom in the 21st century has become, eavesdropping on players personal conversations
Eavesdropping? Seriously? It's twitter. It's out there for the entire world to see. If it was a personal conversation, he could have called or texted Commie.

This team has a culture of losing and not giving a damn.

Old
03-26-2012, 09:14 AM
IBleedUnionBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Not tweeting about golf (which is a known collectivism for giving up on a season) with three home games left that CBJ fans have paid money to see them win...and you know it...
Someone gets it.

And this guy does too.
http://darkbluejacket.blogspot.com/2...-edmonton.html

Quote:
"The timing was impeccable."
Agreed.

Old
03-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks View Post
Agree

Other tweets from CBJ players after last nights game.

Marc Methot ‏ @MarcMethot3
Tiger Woods. #nuffsaid

derick brassard ‏ @dbrassard16
Its Nice to see #Tiger win that tournament!! Good for him !! #hesback

RJ Umberger ‏ @Umby18
Cant wait for the masters!! RT @dbrassard16: Its Nice to see #Tiger win that tournament!! Good for him !! #hesback
If they had tweeted about the NCAA basketball championships or the NASCAR race or the NBA would it have been OK?

Old
03-26-2012, 09:49 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Eavesdropping? Seriously? It's twitter. It's out there for the entire world to see. If it was a personal conversation, he could have called or texted Commie.
Yeah, I know, they're part of the brave new world, too, where every thought must be shared with as many as possible. It's still creepy.

Old
03-26-2012, 09:51 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

I think this is the quote from Nash that many of you have been waiting for:

The Blue Jackets’ 6-3 loss to Edmonton guarantees that they’ll spend the next six months stewing over having had the worst record in the NHL for the 2011-12 season.

“It’s brutal,” Rick Nash said. “It sucks.”

Old
03-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Halfboard
mmmm, beer

Quote:

“It’s brutal,” Rick Nash said. “It sucks.”
Regarding this quote, countdown to Nash/Canadian bashing in 5,4,3,2..................