HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Latvia

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-20-2012, 12:00 PM
  #526
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
This year everyone tought that we should have been in QF no question.
So you basically psyched yourself up as we did in Denmark.....and it backfired for both teams. But i still think with Nolan you have some good chances (and if you have access to your best players)
....we need a new coach though. We have to play more like the Swiss i think. We can't play like Sweden and get away with it....

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 12:02 PM
  #527
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Lots of fans still think of denmark and norway as "inferior" to us,and a loss to them absolutley unforgivable.
It is a wonderful thing to live in the past, until the present catch up on you

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 12:03 PM
  #528
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
So you basically psyched yourself up as we did in Denmark.....and it backfired for both teams. But i still think with Nolan you have some good chances (and if you have access to your best players)
....we need a new coach though. We have to play more like the Swiss i think. We can't play like Sweden and get away with it....
1.Thats a big if,if everybody is healthy and ready to rip anyones head for mother Latvia (figuratively speaking,ofc) than yes,we have chances 2.we have to play similar to their style,yes.

BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 12:07 PM
  #529
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 500
But lets say you get rid of your coach,who would be in place?

BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 12:07 PM
  #530
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
1.Thats a big if,if everybody is healthy and ready to rip anyones head for mother Latvia (figuratively speaking,ofc) than yes,we have chances 2.we have to play similar to their style,yes.
I think that is essential to get QF positions......you have to be rock-solid first and beautiful play second (never work with danish psychy lol).

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 12:10 PM
  #531
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
But lets say you get rid of your coach,who would be in place?
We don't he stays lol
But if i could choose......maybe a swedish coach with history in swiss hockey?! (they have to understand a little bit of danish psychology).
Read: Bengt-Åke Gustafsson as someone has said to me before (was it tollefsen fan?)

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 12:10 PM
  #532
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
I think that is essential to get QF positions......you have to be rock-solid first and beautiful play second (never work with danish psychy lol).
It can be done,and now when Nolan has already some expierience with players he wont make some mistakes before he had this expierience.Also i like the approach of not beeing afraid to put young talents in like Indrasis and Kenins and gives the results.

BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 12:11 PM
  #533
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
We don't he stays lol
But if i could choose......maybe a swedish coach with history in swiss hockey?! (they have to understand a little bit of danish psychology).
Read: Bengt-Åke Gustafsson as someone has said to me before (was it tollefsen fan?)
Isnt that the coach of Atlant Mytishci in KHL?

BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 12:14 PM
  #534
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Isnt that the coach of Atlant Mytishci in KHL?
Yep...and coach of the Swedish 2006 olympic gold-medal winners!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengt-%C3%85ke_Gustafsson

But chance of him getting to Denmark (very small), but the question was if i could choose freely

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 12:16 PM
  #535
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
It can be done,and now when Nolan has already some expierience with players he wont make some mistakes before he had this expierience.Also i like the approach of not beeing afraid to put young talents in like Indrasis and Kenins and gives the results.
Yep playing Indrasis shows he looks at player quality NOW and not history on paper, or whoever is first in hierarchy. That shows a strong coach......imagine the "hurricane" from Latvian newspapers if Indrasis had been a 1'st line flop???

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 12:32 PM
  #536
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Yep playing Indrasis shows he looks at player quality NOW and not history on paper, or whoever is first in hierarchy. That shows a strong coach......imagine the "hurricane" from Latvian newspapers if Indrasis had been a 1'st line flop???
Yeah he knows a talent when he sees one,so if he picks a young player,i know,that he`s good.

BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 12:35 PM
  #537
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Yeah he knows a talent when he sees one,so if he picks a young player,i know,that he`s good.
So how is a latvian with a triple slavic medal collection this WC?
No nordics

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 01:07 PM
  #538
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
So how is a latvian with a triple slavic medal collection this WC?
No nordics
Theres always next year

BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 01:10 PM
  #539
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Theres always next year
Exactly..and who would have thought Slovakia in the final battling it 1-1 with Russia after 1st period....
We beat them 6-0 in 2010......
so anything can happen!

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 01:11 PM
  #540
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Exactly..and who would have thought Slovakia in the final battling it 1-1 with Russia after 1st period....
We beat them 6-0 in 2010......
so anything can happen!
Yeah Latvia-Denmark final game in 2013 wc now that would be a epic match

BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 01:18 PM
  #541
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Yeah Latvia-Denmark final game in 2013 wc now that would be a epic match
Honestly if Denmark even made it to the final I wouldn't even be mad if they lost to Latvia!
Denmark reaching X and probable reaction:
QF: Excited (that means a lot of cheering)
SF: Ecstatic (arms not coming down for a long time).
Final: So overwhelmed that I would watch the game somewhat detached....like when Denmark played Germany in the football EC final 1992....I so much expected the world champions to win I didn't even get nervous....when it was over it was just total disbelief!

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 01:20 PM
  #542
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Honestly if Denmark even made it to the final I wouldn't even be mad if they lost to Latvia!
Denmark reaching X and probable reaction:
QF: Excited (that means a lot of cheering)
SF: Ecstatic (arms not coming down for a long time).
Final: So overwhelmed that I would watch the game somewhat detached....like when Denmark played Germany in the football EC final 1992....I so much expected the world champions to win I didn't even get nervous....when it was over it was just total disbelief!
Oh yeah totally,my reaction would be identical and besides if youre in the final youve already guarenteed a silver medal.

BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 01:25 PM
  #543
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Oh yeah totally,my reaction would be identical and besides if youre in the final youve already guarenteed a sliver medal.
Yep and that would be epic in itself. Two teams that would have nothing to lose just high with success...that could be some final!

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 01:26 PM
  #544
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Yep and that would be epic in itself. Two teams that would have nothing to lose just high with success...that could be some final!
We can always dream,can`t we?

BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 01:38 PM
  #545
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
We can always dream,can`t we?
Exactly.....but stranger things have happened in sport!

Luck can make your dreams come true:

Luckiest sport person ever: Steven Bradbury (all his life of bad luck 1992-1994-1998 changed in olympics 2002).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Bradbury

Bradbury qualifies from preliminary:
QF: Bradbury is third (one crashes in front of him), and one before him is disqualified. As one of the two best he qualifies for SF
SF: Bradbury is clearly last of the 5 racers, but three crashes in front of him giving him 2'nd place and he advances to the final.
Final: Bradbury is clearly last again and all scaters crashes in front of him and Bradbury wins first ever Winter Olympic Gold Medal for Australia.

"Doing a Bradbury" has become Australian slang for doing the impossible and never give up. He appeared on a stamp as well.

For the races:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMa_R...eature=related

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 01:40 PM
  #546
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Exactly.....but stranger things have happened in sport!

Luck can make your dreams come true:

Luckiest sport person ever: Steven Bradbury (all his life of bad luck 1992-1994-1998 changed in olympics 2002).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Bradbury

Bradbury qualifies from preliminary:
QF: Bradbury is third (one crashes in front of him), and one before him is disqualified. As one of the two best he qualifies for SF
SF: Bradbury is clearly last of the 5 racers, but three crashes in front of him giving him 2'nd place and he advances to the final.
Final: Bradbury is clearly last again and all scaters crashes in front of him and Bradbury wins first ever Winter Olympic Gold Medal for Australia.

"Doing a Bradbury" has become Australian slang for doing the impossible and never give up. He appeared on a stamp as well.

For the races:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMa_R...eature=related
So our teams need the luck of bradury,got it

BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 01:46 PM
  #547
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
So our teams need the luck of bradury,got it
Yep...but everything can happen....we need some Bradbury's! Never give up, because fortunes might change suddenly!
Thats why I always want to see lucky wins rather than wins with good playing
When you have luck on your side......you can't lose!

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 01:47 PM
  #548
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Yep...but everything can happen....we need some Bradbury's! Never give up, because fortunes might change suddenly!
Thats why I always want to see lucky wins rather than wins with good playing
When you have luck on your side......you can't lose!
Its even better when you have luck+good play.

BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
05-20-2012, 01:52 PM
  #549
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Its even better when you have luck+good play.
yeah danish fans wants good play in all sports...but it is overrated
We only win when we play ugly, but are lucky!

Edit: Off course you can win playing beautiful some matches....but not all of them.
It's "riding the luck" that means everything.....does something to your psychy...you start to persue luck. It worked great for both Alexander and Caesar.....they persued it and won it all!

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 01:49 AM
  #550
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
yeah danish fans wants good play in all sports...but it is overrated
We only win when we play ugly, but are lucky!

Edit: Off course you can win playing beautiful some matches....but not all of them.
It's "riding the luck" that means everything.....does something to your psychy...you start to persue luck. It worked great for both Alexander and Caesar.....they persued it and won it all!
Yup,our teams both had an unlucky tourney,it can`t b THAT unlucky twice in a row

BalticWarrior is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.