HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3.25.2012 - Nashville at Chicago - "Mission Impossible"

Old
03-25-2012, 10:33 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
Didn't see this coming on the back end of a back-2-back. Need to keep in mind the Hawks were without Toews and Keith, and their goaltending is a joke.

On the flip side we were without Marty, Josi, and Wilson. Love our depth right now, gonna need everyone. Bourque and Halischuk making it hard to scratch them, but we need Wilson back in the lineup when healthy.
Crawford had allowed five total goals in his last five games, all wins. Their goaltending is no more of a joke than ours is on many nights.
The absence of Keith hurt, but, their current win streak was without Toews.

101st_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:36 PM
klt2001

Preds on the front page of nhl.com

http://www.nhl.com/

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:37 PM
klt2001

Guess the mission wasn't impossible

Old
03-25-2012, 10:37 PM
JetsAlternate

What a game by Radulov. He's quickly proving to doubters everywhere that he can be a dominant force in the NHL. He was again the team's best player, and looked absolutely dominant. He has such incredible vision and poise, and could have had at least three points tonight. I'm surprised he isn't on the first line, or at least on the first powerplay unit.

Last edited by JetsAlternate: 03-25-2012 at 10:45 PM.
JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
just wait until they update all of the stats overnight and our goals per game moves up, the PP% goes up, the PK% goes up, and goals allowed per game drops.
In all fairness the Chicago goal was just one second after a PP Hornqvist hadn't even skated towards the Defensive end when the puck crossed the line

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:43 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
In all fairness the Chicago goal was just one second after a PP Hornqvist hadn't even skated towards the Defensive end when the puck crossed the line
Statistically meaningless. Just like all of those goals we scored in the first five seconds after a PP when everyone ranted how our man advantage sucked.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:44 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
Radulov.

Radulov.

Put him on the first line, Trotz! What is Andrei Kostitsyn doing there now! Radulov was again the team's best player, and looked absolutely dominant. He has such incredible vision and poise, and could have had at least three points tonight. He is this team's star forward.
He's on a line with the leading goal scorer and leading assist guy on the team while getting the most TOI of any forward in each of the last two games. He IS on a top line since the Fisher and Legwand lines are interchangeable.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:45 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Honestly the absence of Keith is a pitiful excuse!! What he did was blatant and premeditated. He deserved to be suspended until the end of the Regular season. The Hawks knew for 3 days they were going to be without him and should have been more prepared.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Top 6 Spaling

The difference between Marty + Wilson + Josi and Keith + Toews is 1 or 2 goals, not 5.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Toots getting hurt cleared up Wilson's spot. As for Marty, I still vote Spaling gets scratched rather than Hali or Bourque. Move Smith/Wilson to Center if we need to.
I don't think Toots injury is serious. They said he was bleeding from his ear? Not sure if he'll miss time. And even it is serious, wouldn't Marty be back in instead of Wilson....

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
I don't think Toots injury is serious. They said he was bleeding from his ear? Not sure if he'll miss time. And even it is serious, wouldn't Marty be back in instead of Wilson....
Personally, I think toots should be scratched regardless. I have no idea whether Wilson or Erat will be back first. Hopefully both on tuesday

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
You know Rads is officially a predator cause he couldn't score on the breakaway....lol. Still love him on this team though He's all over the place and making/creating chances and setting people up. Great addition.
There's a big difference though. With Radulov, you came an inch off your chair in anticipation, waiting to celebrate. With most of our forwards, you start looking back up ice to see who is going to get the long breakout pass going the other way.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:50 PM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Radulov is (arguably) the best passer on this team.
There's no arguably about it. He is, and it's not close.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:53 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
There's a big difference though. With Radulov, you came an inch off your chair in anticipation, waiting to celebrate. With most of our forwards, you start looking back up ice to see who is going to get the long breakout pass going the other way.
Never said he wasn't just that he fits right in well w/ the Preds and one of the Preds now. Is a great addition.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:56 PM
JetsAlternate

Quote:
He's on a line with the leading goal scorer and leading assist guy on the team while getting the most TOI of any forward in each of the last two games. He IS on a top line since the Fisher and Legwand lines are interchangeable.
I would love to see him with Erat though. The two could be so dangerous together. Depending on when Erat returns, I'd like to see the two play together as soon as possible.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:59 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
I would love to see him with Erat though. The two could be so dangerous together. Depending on when Erat returns, I'd like to see the two play together as soon as possible.
Then why say you want him on the "first line" if what you meant was playing opposite Erat?

Old
03-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
I would love to see him with Erat though.
So I guess he should be scratched today And seriously all your posts are about how awesome Radulov is and how bad Kost brothers are. Maybe show a little more respect?

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:07 PM
klt2001

Let's just say there is alot of great players on this team Never know where the plays/scoring/blocks/saves, etc. will come from. That's a good thing to have on a team. I have liked all the lines in this game. They all looked strong tonight. They all have something they add to the team. You can have more than one favorite on this team.....I know I do.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-25-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old
03-25-2012, 11:09 PM
JetsAlternate

Quote:
Then why say you want him on the "first line" if what you meant was playing opposite Erat?
Erat leads the team in points, and Fisher is a very competent centerman with nearly as many goals, but certainly more assists than Hornqvist. Erat and Fisher are leading the team in points. Both have incredible speed and make things happen when they're on the ice. That line looks dangerous all the time, and is also the first powerplay unit with Suter and Weber. In key moments, especially when the team is down a goal, that line is on the ice.

I would call that the first line.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:16 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Erat leads the team in points, and Fisher is a very competent centerman with nearly as many goals, but certainly more assists than Hornqvist. Erat and Fisher are leading the team in points. Both have incredible speed and make things happen when they're on the ice. That line looks dangerous all the time, and is also the first powerplay unit with Suter and Weber. In key moments, especially when the team is down a goal, that line is on the ice.

I would call that the first line.
We've been running a 1A and 1B line all season. Erat spent a good chunk with Legwand as his center. For being on the ice in key times when the team is down a goal, the Legwand line gets a ton of time.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:20 PM
JetsAlternate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
So I guess he should be scratched today And seriously all your posts are about how awesome Radulov is and how bad Kost brothers are. Maybe show a little more respect?
I understand the Kostitsyns are still very good players, but I had the opportunity to watch them often in Montreal, as well as this year with the Predators. They can score, but they're terribly inconsistent and Sergei has never scored more than 50 points. Both Kostitsyns are going to finish with fewer points than they did last year; Andrei only has 32 this year, while Sergei doesn't have the offensive presence that Radulov has, nor does he look intimidating every time he is on the ice.

I've been blessed to have watched the Canucks every single game these past few years, and I've seen that team at its best. The Kostitsyns, in comparison, look to me like second-line players who would certainly be able to contribute on the scoreboard but can't carry the offense. Sergei seems a bit to me like Mason Raymond. Erat and Fisher, meanwhile, can be quite scary to play against, as they could seemingly score any time they're in the offensive zone.

Radulov's presence reminds me a lot of Daniel Sedin's presence; he has that superstar factor about him that should make him a top-line player. He can score at any moment, and he'll make some unexpected plays that will result in great scoring opportunities.

Vancouver likes to stack its top powerplay unit despite the Sedins and Kesler usually playing on different lines (Kesler and Henrik are both centermen). Until just recently, that has resulted in their powerplay being the best in the league.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:22 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
I understand the Kostitsyns are still very good players, but I had the opportunity to watch them often in Montreal, as well as this year with the Predators. They can score, but they're terribly inconsistent and Sergei has never scored more than 50 points. Both Kostitsyns are going to finish with fewer points than they did last year; Andrei only has 32 this year, while Sergei doesn't have the offensive presence, nor does he look intimidating every time he is on the ice.

I've been blessed to have watched the Canucks every single game these past few years, and I've seen that team at its best. The Kostitsyns, in comparison, look to me like second-line players who would certainly be able to contribute on the scoreboard but can't carry the offense. Erat and Fisher can be quite scary to play against, as they could seemingly score any time they're in the offensive zone.

Radulov's presence reminds me a lot of Daniel Sedin's presence; he has that superstar factor about him that should make him a top-line player.
It's not a blessing to watch the canucks. I wouldn't wish that on al Qaeda.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:29 PM
predfan24

Really we have been waiting for all this talent to mesh and put together a huge game and it finally happened. Could have had more than 6 as well. Breaking them down all goals are pretty impressive.

Goal 1- Great grind by the grind line. They willed that goal in with hard work. Yip was actually decent tonight and he was good on this goal.

Goal 2- Great shot by Webs nice redirect from Rads and a lucky bounce for Horny. Yes it was lucky but Horny and Rads were in good position and when you are I'm good position you set yourself up to get fortunate bounces.

Goal 3- Sick,dirty, nasty snipe by AK. That's why we picked him up. Nuff said

Goal 4- Cube does a good job getting the puck through but I still think Hali redirected it. Good screen by Rads again.

Goal 5- what can you say? Weber castrated Emery and I sat there with my jaw on the floor.

Goal 6- Sick,Dirty,Nasty snipe Version 2 this time supplied by Fish.

Forwards we're great tonight. Makes decisions tough. Can't see how Hali and Bourque come out. When Willy and Erat come back I'd like to see Toots and Yip come out.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Iron Duke

Unexpected stat of the night. Those 6 goals now have us tied for FIFTH in the league in GF/G, with Ottawa and Detroit, and a mere .01 behind the fourth place team. Who would have thought?

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:32 PM
JetsAlternate

Quote:
It's not a blessing to watch the canucks. I wouldn't wish that on al Qaeda.
Last year was fun. The Sedins are incredible to watch, as are David Booth and Chris Higgins.

As for determining whether Erat-Fisher or Legwand-Hornqvist are the better tandem, I lean towards Erat and Fisher primarily because of their superior vision, puck control, and playmaking ability. Hornqvist and Legwand are a fine tandem, but to have Radulov on that "1A" line would be something. Putting another game breaker on that line would make them exciting to watch every time they're on the ice. Sergei-Legwand-Hornqvist seems like a very fair second-line that could produce as well.

Last edited by JetsAlternate: 03-25-2012 at 11:37 PM.