HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Converting PS1 to CD Stereo + speaker question

Old
03-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Elever
Hth

vCash: 500
Converting PS1 to CD Stereo + speaker question

I still listen to CDs but would like to be able to do it outside of the car, unfortunately I no longer have a working CD player. Portable boomboxes are cheap but have terrible audio quality and an actual micro stereo costs $120+ (a Sony one is actually the only one I can find still sold in-store). I'd prefer to just use my old PSone mini since it still works and connect a pair of speakers to it and put it on a wall. Two questions:

-The PS1 has an audio/video output (the same one found on a PS2/PS3). How would I connect the red/white cables to a cheap pair of $20-40 PC speakers. Or is there another pair of speakers with a white/red RCA audio input jack that I can buy....I'm not an audiophile so just looking for something decent/cheap.

-Question 2, the way to control it would be to use an old PS1 controller with the start button used for pause/play and the R1/R2 for next track. However, I have a wireless PS3 controller as well with a USB adapter. I actually own a converter for PS1/2 controllers to PS3/PC but how would I do it the other way around? How would I connect the wireless controller with the USB adapter to a PS3? The wireless controller I have looks like this:

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote