HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you re-sign Benoit Pouliot?

View Poll Results: Should the team tender Pouliot a contract for next year and beyond?
Yes. Pouliot probably deserves a spot somewhere on the roster 192 70.59%
No. He's too replaceable. The team should move on. 80 29.41%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-25-2012, 10:57 PM
JOKER 192

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
If he gets to 20 plus goals this year yes. If not I trade his rights for whatever I can get.
In other words no.

JOKER 192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:59 PM
SpitfireIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
Weren't Habs fans saying that he was really skilled but had no heart or hustle? Watching him this season, that couldn't be further from the truth. The guy consistently brings a ton of effort, which I love about him.
They were not wrong. I saw alot of Pouliot in Mtl as well as when he played at the WJC and was benched for lack of effort. He has never tried this hard in his career and I think playing for a Championship team and Jack Adams coach has been a great catalyst for him. He was never remotely engaged in Montreal wheras in Boston he has been going all out.

SpitfireIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:05 PM
JOKER 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers View Post
Horton would put you too on the 3rd line. In the ECHL!!

Nothing was missed with Ryder so nothing will be missed if Pouliot is not signed.

Hey listen, 3 times is a charm. Who is not being signed by the Habs this year?

hey they'll give u gomez for free

JOKER 192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Wait and see how he does in the playoffs. Last year he took a bunch of dumb penalties in round 1.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:15 PM
TCL40

Quote:
If Hamilton is not deemed ready next year, Zanon is another guy i would want to resign. Two year deal worth about 1.5 million per year. Bc of Zanon all of our d lines have been playing regular shifts, there is no weaknesses on the backend, no mistakes.
I kind of want them to re-sign him-Hamilton ready or not ready. I think he makes the perfect depth signing and one huge beef I had with Kampfer is that he spent so much of the season in the pressbox when he would have been better served in Providence. It is hit or miss on when to keep a guy or when to leave them in the AHL, but I kind of think Kampfer was hurt by being the 7th.

I like Zanon's game and think he fits well with McQuaid. Hard to say what Hamilton will be ready for, but I would kind of like to keep Zanon around if the price is right.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:22 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Wait and see how he does in the playoffs. Last year he took a bunch of dumb penalties in round 1.
We saw some of that earlier in the year, Claude benched him, something happened and he hasn't played that way since

I don't see it happening, not anymore than any of our other guys this April

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
I kind of want them to re-sign him-Hamilton ready or not ready. I think he makes the perfect depth signing and one huge beef I had with Kampfer is that he spent so much of the season in the pressbox when he would have been better served in Providence. It is hit or miss on when to keep a guy or when to leave them in the AHL, but I kind of think Kampfer was hurt by being the 7th.

I like Zanon's game and think he fits well with McQuaid. Hard to say what Hamilton will be ready for, but I would kind of like to keep Zanon around if the price is right.

Agree--Zanon would be a good player to bring back, unless the Bruins go after Suter in free agency.

Chara - Seidenberg
Ference - Boychuk
Zanon - McQuaid
Hamilton

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:41 AM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
No, he lacks hockey sense to say the least. Replace him with a guy with some hockey sense, please.
What???

The guy has TONS of hockey sense ... He's always reading passes and picking them off ... More-so than anyone else I've seen in awhile. Not to mention he has 2 highlight-reel goals just this season alone. A lot of guys go their whole career without 1 highlight-reel moment.

Poo has tons of hockey sense ... IMO, it's more a matter of translation from his head to his hands. When it all comes together for him, the guy is a beast.

MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 06:21 AM
tom nuetten

I think Pouliot was one of the best players during the slump (before his injury..) because he showed every game 100% effort. He was hitting and showed some emotions while other bruins looked tired and stopped hitting...

His 100% effort didn´t result in magic plays but he was still one of the better bruins and if you see the last games, he can also do something for the scoreboard.

tom nuetten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 06:44 AM
KrejciMVP

I'd keep Pouliot around, I like the effort he brings to the table every night

KrejciMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 06:47 AM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Pouliot is playing good hockey for us but he's replaceable. I think it will depend on the depth in Pro,upfront, and if the Bruins want to go after a big fish. If it's the latter, i see Pouliot and Kelly leaving this team...

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 07:16 AM
rocketdan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
If he gets to 20 plus goals this year yes. If not I trade his rights for whatever I can get.
He won't get 20. Prob 15 or 16. Prob would of got 30 though if he had to play with Kelly and Rolston all year long.

Line is on fire

rocketdan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 07:20 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
We saw some of that earlier in the year, Claude benched him, something happened and he hasn't played that way since

I don't see it happening, not anymore than any of our other guys this April
Agreed and I`ll add..

... I`ve seen Marchand/Looch take far more ill timed penalties

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 07:22 AM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

vCash: 167
At this point I'd give him another year. Depending of course on what he want's contract wise.

Last edited by SpokedLightning: 03-26-2012 at 07:32 AM. Reason: contract disclaimer
SpokedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 07:30 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

all depends how much he wants but for a 3rd line player cause that's what he is I wouldn't mind bringing him back another year or two

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 07:37 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
This is more than just a yes or no question in my mind.

IF poo would come back for similar money and the money saved on him wouldn't have been the difference in signing a top-6 forward or a #2 d-man then yes by all means bring him back. I think having a healthy competition for a top-9 spot between vets, prospects, and competing players is a very healthy situation to have on a roster and is what makes our 3rd line one of the best in the league.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 07:46 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
This is more than just a yes or no question in my mind.

IF poo would come back for similar money and the money saved on him wouldn't have been the difference in signing a top-6 forward or a #2 d-man then yes by all means bring him back. I think having a healthy competition for a top-9 spot between vets, prospects, and competing players is a very healthy situation to have on a roster and is what makes our 3rd line one of the best in the league.
I can`t see him marketing himself into a huge contract with the numbers he`s posted unless he absolutely blows up come playoff time. Money spent on Poo, IMO, would hardly restrict Chia from aquiring/signing a top 6 forward or D-man either IMO.

I get the feeling that Poo knows he`s got himself in a darn good position in Boston, and this organization is no longer one that has to beg/plead/overpay anyone to jump on, I have to think that when a player is coming up on UFA status there are more than a few who would very much entertain the thought of playing for a team who has legit Cup aspirations.

If Poo does want too much, adios, if he wants to stay, as you said, sure, we`ll sign ya, but that spot isn`t guaranteed.

Old
03-26-2012, 07:48 AM
McKuato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler SeQuin View Post
What???

The guy has TONS of hockey sense ... He's always reading passes and picking them off ... More-so than anyone else I've seen in awhile. Not to mention he has 2 highlight-reel goals just this season alone. A lot of guys go their whole career without 1 highlight-reel moment.

Poo has tons of hockey sense ... IMO, it's more a matter of translation from his head to his hands. When it all comes together for him, the guy is a beast.
+1
I don't get the hate for this guy other than Jack Edwards went off on how he never reached his potential, that's all some people go by which is truly sad, bet they don't like composite sticks either.

Give the guy a break, he's finally doing the things he needs to do to reach his potential.
He's still young, too early to call him a bust especially if he keeps working this hard.
You can't teach size and the guys 1st round skill set is there.
I think once he puts it all together he will be dominant.
I'd take another flyer on him next year, all year he's been doing things that don't make the score sheet. (I would be interested in his hits stat).
Lately, with consistent line mates it's translating to the score sheet as well.
11 points in his last 10 games

McKuato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 07:52 AM
Pugnax

I say sign him -- if the money's right. It looks like he's gotten past the pressure and expectations that come with being a 4th overall pick.

Right now, he's a good 3rd liner, and he seems to be happy playing that role. He's got size (that he isn't afraid to use), speed, and is getting more consistent in terms of effort. The skill set will never go away, so while I don't harbor high hopes, he could eventually evolve into a very solid top-six forward.

Pugnax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 07:55 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I can`t see him marketing himself into a huge contract with the numbers he`s posted unless he absolutely blows up come playoff time. Money spent on Poo, IMO, would hardly restrict Chia from aquiring/signing a top 6 forward or D-man either IMO.

I get the feeling that Poo knows he`s got himself in a darn good position in Boston, and this organization is no longer one that has to beg/plead/overpay anyone to jump on, I have to think that when a player is coming up on UFA status there are more than a few who would very much entertain the thought of playing for a team who has legit Cup aspirations.

If Poo does want too much, adios, if he wants to stay, as you said, sure, we`ll sign ya, but that spot isn`t guaranteed.
Absolutely.

I'm not sure I see the B's being able to resign Kelly. I think he'll sign his final contract for a decent raise elsewhere and he's more than deserving of that. I see Pevs as the only lock for the 3rd line (assuming we do lose Kelly that is). Everyone else can fight it out which is what I would like to see.

Old
03-26-2012, 07:58 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Absolutely.

I'm not sure I see the B's being able to resign Kelly. I think he'll sign his final contract for a decent raise elsewhere and he's more than deserving of that. I see Pevs as the only lock for the 3rd line (assuming we do lose Kelly that is). Everyone else can fight it out which is what I would like to see.
I get the feeling that Soupy will be the odd man out come summer to allow for Kelly to re-sign. Again, Kelly`s a smart guy, an opportunity like Boston doesn`t come along often, he gets lots of minutes, plays for a (when healthy) deep team with legit Cup chances, in a city that loves it`s team for an organization who`s got a couple of really nice looking prospects who could keep the good vibes going for quite some time.

Chia`s a fair GM, he won`t disrepsect anyone with a less than deserving contract and he clearly values players of Kelly`s ilk, and although Kelly deserves to get paid, I don`t believe his demands will be unreasonable.

Old
03-26-2012, 08:05 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I get the feeling that Soupy will be the odd man out come summer to allow for Kelly to re-sign. Again, Kelly`s a smart guy, an opportunity like Boston doesn`t come along often, he gets lots of minutes, plays for a (when healthy) deep team with legit Cup chances, in a city that loves it`s team for an organization who`s got a couple of really nice looking prospects who could keep the good vibes going for quite some time.

Chia`s a fair GM, he won`t disrepsect anyone with a less than deserving contract and he clearly values players of Kelly`s ilk, and although Kelly deserves to get paid, I don`t believe his demands will be unreasonable.
While I agree with that. I could see him heading back to Ottawa for a decent raise to finish out his career on another young and rising team in the league. He has his cup, he's earned probably what will be his best and final contract in the league this off season, I could see him choosing a place rather than a team if you get what I'm saying (not even sure I do but I'm sticking with it cup o coffee #3 on the way. Perhaps I can articulate this better later.).

Could he resign here? Sure. I'd love it if he did and I'd agree Soupy is a far easier player to replace than Kelly. My heart hopes he stays but my gut is telling me he's gone.

Old
03-26-2012, 08:08 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
While I agree with that. I could see him heading back to Ottawa for a decent raise to finish out his career on another young and rising team in the league. He has his cup, he's earned probably what will be his best and final contract in the league this off season, I could see him choosing a place rather than a team if you get what I'm saying (not even sure I do but I'm sticking with it cup o coffee #3 on the way. Perhaps I can articulate this better later.).

Could he resign here? Sure. I'd love it if he did and I'd agree Soupy is a far easier player to replace than Kelly. My heart hopes he stays but my gut is telling me he's gone.
I`d argue that if Chia sits down with him and Kelly says, his two choices were/are Ottawa and the B`s, Chia makes it impossible to leave Boston. The Sens have some very nice pieces, but IMO, they are still about 2 years away from being true legit contentders, and don`t discount the fact that Alferdsson is getting no younger, Phillips/Gonchar either.

His best opportunity to win the Cup with the Sens came and went a few years ago, they`ll challenge again, but those kids will need, like the Sens of a few years ago, a few years of heartache first

Old
03-26-2012, 08:08 AM
rocketdan9

I got to say the best part of about the 2nd half Pouliot is that i can't remember the last time he was at the penalty box. Incredible for a guy who would go often, due to lazy penalties. His legs never stop moving out on the ice

rocketdan9 is offline   Reply With Quote