HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you re-sign Benoit Pouliot?

View Poll Results: Should the team tender Pouliot a contract for next year and beyond?
Yes. Pouliot probably deserves a spot somewhere on the roster 192 70.59%
No. He's too replaceable. The team should move on. 80 29.41%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-26-2012, 08:22 AM
Ratty

vCash: 500
Note to Moderators: wouldn't it be a good idea to merge the two Pouliot polls, as they basically ask the same question?

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 08:23 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketdan9 View Post
I got to say the best part of about the 2nd half Pouliot is that i can't remember the last time he was at the penalty box. Incredible for a guy who would go often, due to lazy penalties. His legs never stop moving out on the ice
Having a coach who won`t let ya get away with that kind of play, but also won`t bury you in his doghouse for an entire year either (Martin) helps.

CJ seems to have a tremendous amount of respect from the players, if you mess up, you`ll hear about it and may have to sit a bit but he`ll always give you an opportunity to redeem yourself (heck, Corvo had almost 70 games) and that, I think makes him one of those coaches that are referred to as a "players coach"??

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 08:49 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Another Dojii poll! I'm sad this only has two options though. Where is the "Yes but only if he converts to eating only veggies" or "No because we already have enough French Canadians on the team"?

I am disappoint.

(+1 for merging the two threads)

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Note to Moderators: wouldn't it be a good idea to merge the two Pouliot polls, as they basically ask the same question?
I wouldn't be against it, but one reason you might not is because the two polls both represent impressions based on a different timeframe.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Ratty

I donno. Doesn't "Has Pouliot Done Enough to Earn another Contract" and "Would you Re-Sign Benoit Pouliot" say the same thing, regardless of time frame?

Old
03-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Having a coach who won`t let ya get away with that kind of play, but also won`t bury you in his doghouse for an entire year either (Martin) helps.

CJ seems to have a tremendous amount of respect from the players, if you mess up, you`ll hear about it and may have to sit a bit but he`ll always give you an opportunity to redeem yourself (heck, Corvo had almost 70 games) and that, I think makes him one of those coaches that are referred to as a "players coach"??
That's the thing about CJ. He strikes me as a father figure, and on a team with a lot of young players that makes a good deal of sense.

He's a man who expects his players to be men, and insists that they play up to their ability, but is prepared to nurture them and work with them to get them there. When he disciplines Seguin for missing a breakfast, he does it the way a father might -- by setting down the rules firmly, explaining exactly what he was being punished for and what he had to do to make sure it never happened again, and then sticking to it.

And he runs a good tight clubhouse, which is a strong point in his favor. It's clear that the players respect him and that goes a long way.

We've really got ourselves a grade A coach. I'm glad Montreal and NJ felt he was a little too soft.

Old
03-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
I donno. Doesn't "Has Pouliot Done Enough to Earn another Contract" and "Would you Re-Sign Benoit Pouliot" say the, same thing, regardless of time frame?
Hmm. I dunno if I feel that way. They're close, but there's differences. Enough so that I could see someone answering "yes" to one question and "no" to the other.

For example, pouliot might do enough to earn another contract, but you might prefer to, say, let Knight take a spot on the team and decide actually re-signing Pouliot would get in the way of that.

Or for another example, someone might not feel that Pouliot has earned a contract, but respects the kid's upside and is willing to tender another cheap contract anyway on faith that he'll improve.

Old
03-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Ratty

Whatever. It just makes it complicated to be posting the same replies in two threads. But clearly the Mods agree with you.

Old
03-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Bone for your jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
That's the thing about CJ. He strikes me as a father figure, and on a team with a lot of young players that makes a good deal of sense.
He's a man who expects his players to be men, and insists that they play up to their ability, but is prepared to nurture them and work with them to get them there. When he disciplines Seguin for missing a breakfast, he does it the way a father might -- by setting down the rules firmly, explaining exactly what he was being punished for and what he had to do to make sure it never happened again, and then sticking to it.

And he runs a good tight clubhouse, which is a strong point in his favor. It's clear that the players respect him and that goes a long way.

We've really got ourselves a grade A coach. I'm glad Montreal and NJ felt he was a little too soft.
^Very well put.

Bone for your jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:55 AM
ap3lovr

The thing I like about Pouliot is that he is an RFA. That means, Chiarelli can wait until all the dust has settled before he makes a decision. He can see how Kelly, Campbell, Paille play out first. I suspect all 3 will likely walk for more money somewhere else. If that is the case, I bring Pouliot back.

ap3lovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:34 AM
BoyntBergie

If Pouliot wants under $2m for the next couple of years I'd re-up him. 2 years, $3m or $3.5m total, I'd do it. If you end up with too much of a logjam at forward he's good enough and that cap hit low enough that you could dish him.

I think he's certainly earned another contract, within reason, based on his play this season.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Whiskey Sam
Puck Monkey

I'm not opposed to bringing him back, but it depends on the terms, who else is available, and who else we re-sign. He's not a core player and is replaceable, but he's not a liability either.

Whiskey Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Giesse

I would. I think he has emerged as a "Bruins Type" in size, skill and physicality.
He has trended upward this year.
The price they pay him per goal is the best on the team, a bargain!
He is young, coachable, and is good insurance if any of the eligibles do not re-sign at the end of the season.

Last edited by Giesse: 03-26-2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: punctuation
Giesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 12:26 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

I voted "no", but that doesn't mean he won't be a valid option in the offseason. A little too much still up in the air, but assuming Kelly and Campbel are re-signed I would rather give Caron Pouliot's icetime next season.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 12:36 PM
bostone737

voted yes, especially if scientists can somehow genetically improve his skating ability, or maybe put a small electric shocking device on his rear end so eventually he learns to stay off it.

bostone737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
voted yes, especially if scientists can somehow genetically improve his skating ability, or maybe put a small electric shocking device on his rear end so eventually he learns to stay off it.
haha! good one. Although this line of thinking is so late September. Can't remember the last time this guy just plain "fell down".

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 12:44 PM
patty59

Nope, he served his purpose(hardly), he's a 35pts borderline 3rd liner. He goes cold for too long of stretches and has NEVER produced in the playoffs. Maybe he'll play good in the playoffs, but since this season has pretty much resembled all of his other seasons, I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's not going to be good for much in the playoffs.

Caron should take his spot on that line next year.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 03:07 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler SeQuin View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...uliot+contract

Interesting to compare the poll results in these 2 polls, and who voted where. Some have already changed their position from last month at this time.

I can't make a definitive "yes" or "no" answer yet on re-signing Pouliot. It's all about the playoffs, and whether or not the Poo shows up and contributes...
Good point....
I'm leaning towards resigning him, but I'd also like to see what he does in the play-offs before I totally make up my mind.
He is only 25, and at times he does show signs of being a quality forward, but needs to be more consistent.

bobbyorr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 03:21 PM
lopey

NO just because we will require roster space for spooners and or knight neck year. I think one will make the team next year.

lopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 03:30 PM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post

Julien went with Corvo for far too long but the B's didn't really have anyone else good enough to step in .Zanon looks good but sometimes he scares me with his lack of mobility and overall slowness .He plays a smart game but how will he respond playing against the likes of NYR or Vancouver.

gillesgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 03:34 PM
MoeLemay

Can't really answer this poll until I find out if Pallie is
staying or going.

MoeLemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 06:57 PM
reffree

The guy start with 2 pts in his first 16 games and now has 29 in 67. So since he found his niche he has 27 pts in 51 games playing mostly on the third line and he's big and fast and forechek like a mad made. For 1,1 million. I'm sure as hell I don't want that kind of player on my team.

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 08:24 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree View Post
The guy start with 2 pts in his first 16 games and now has 29 in 67. So since he found his niche he has 27 pts in 51 games playing mostly on the third line and he's big and fast and forechek like a mad made. For 1,1 million. I'm sure as hell I don't want that kind of player on my team.
He lost his niche from Jan16 to March3.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 08:31 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
I voted "no", but that doesn't mean he won't be a valid option in the offseason. A little too much still up in the air, but assuming Kelly and Campbel are re-signed I would rather give Caron Pouliot's icetime next season.
Sorry there is none of that on my team.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote