HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you re-sign Benoit Pouliot?

View Poll Results: Should the team tender Pouliot a contract for next year and beyond?
Yes. Pouliot probably deserves a spot somewhere on the roster 192 70.59%
No. He's too replaceable. The team should move on. 80 29.41%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-26-2012, 09:34 PM
patty59

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers View Post
Sorry there is none of that on my team.
There was this year

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:14 PM
missingchicklet

Poo is good bang for the buck. And remember, he still has room to improve and continue to get stronger. I would definitely re-sign him.

missingchicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 07:41 AM
ODAAT

I`d go no more than a 1 year deal (good motivator) with absolutely no promises/guarantee of a spot.

He`s exceeded my expectations, never seen him play with half the effort as he has with the B`s, the foolish and ill timed penalties seem to be behind him (knock on wood) and he`s been a nice piece on the 3rd line.

All that said, if he`s looking for a significant raise, adios mon ami

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:52 AM
misterjaggers

Kelly's the priority.

misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
He lost his niche from Jan16 to March3.
Even with that, since about game 26 he's on what would be about a 40 point pace.

I know you can't cherry-pick like that, but it's still interesting.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:29 AM
dtam83

all depends on money. he's deserved to be on the roster again...at around the same amount of money

dtam83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
Even with that, since about game 26 he's on what would be about a 40 point pace.

I know you can't cherry-pick like that, but it's still interesting.
so you agree with everyone else about his consistency issues, that he is hot and cold. Actually, points can be a fickle thing but so long as his work ethic doesn't change then i have a funny feeling the playoffs will be good to our man #67.

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:04 PM
5 minutes a Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
I'd keep Pouliot around, I like the effort he brings to the table every night
If he brought the effort every night he wouldn't be on his 3rd team in 4 years...
But that said I would qualify him keep him on the cheap and see how training camp plays out

5 minutes a Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:09 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers View Post
Kelly's the priority.
Oh for sure. I'm hoping we can keep Kelly on a similar deal to what he has now. I wouldn't blame him if he left for more money after putting up the kinds of numbers has has this year.

ToddRundgren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 02:29 PM
JOKER 192
Maybe next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers View Post
Kelly's the priority.
In all fairness Kelly went from Feb 24th to Mar 15th with a single point in 12 games .Is that not the same kind of slump Poo went trough, at twice the cost?I like Kelly don't get me wrong but I also like Poo and I don't get why he's held to a higher standard.

JOKER 192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Strafer

I voted yes, but only if he has a really decent playoff performance. He seems to be becomming really clutch (as others have mentioned here) and I feel as though that will carry on in playoffs.
He looks to have a bit of a confidence problem and for some reason also looks lost out there at times when certain things should come naturally. I get the notion too that he's going to have a career year very soon and I'd like that to be wearing a #67 B's jersey.

Strafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 03:02 PM
dtam83

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER 192 View Post
In all fairness Kelly went from Feb 24th to Mar 15th with a single point in 12 games .Is that not the same kind of slump Poo went trough, at twice the cost?I like Kelly don't get me wrong but I also like Poo and I don't get why he's held to a higher standard.
defensively kelly > poo and poo takes some stupid penalties

Old
03-27-2012, 03:49 PM
JOKER 192
Maybe next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtam83 View Post
defensively kelly > poo and poo takes some stupid penalties
again 18 min for Poo 31 for Kelly

Old
03-27-2012, 04:02 PM
murphdasmurf2
@SieveOfDaNation

Quote:
He's held to a higher standard because he was a 4th overall pick (it's been said in this thread better than I can put it).

He busts his ass every night, adds dynamicisim to the 3rd line, and has a hilarious faux twitter from his hair's POV (@PouliotsHair).

He's a good player. As stated before, this year we have witnessed B-b-b-benny and the poo kind of put some of it together. Hell 15 goals aint that bad.

Bring Benny Back 2013, the 3rd line could be:

Poo - Pev - Parise TriPPPle threat

murphdasmurf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 05:19 PM
dtam83

Quote:
again 18 min for Poo 31 for Kelly
15 of the minutes was from fights. I don't remember Kelly making a stupid penalty. I remember Poo on at least 3 occasions making stupid, retaliatory penalties.

are you looking at +/- btw? It says 38 PIM for poo and 41 PIM for kelly.
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/stats.htm...112012&srt=pim

I'm just answering the question. Kelly has more defensive responsibility as he is on the PK so he's still contributing even if he doesn't score.

Old
03-27-2012, 05:41 PM
JOKER 192
Maybe next year

Quote:
15 of the minutes was from fights. I don't remember Kelly making a stupid penalty. I remember Poo on at least 3 occasions making stupid, retaliatory penalties.

I'm just answering the question. Kelly has more defensive responsibility as he is on the PK so he's still contributing even if he doesn't score.
sry my bad

Old
03-27-2012, 05:46 PM
JOKER 192
Maybe next year

Quote:

He has 4 minutes since Jan 14th ,the argument of penalties is no longer valid ,while it was true at the begiging of the season it no longer holds true.

Old
03-27-2012, 06:03 PM
BrainOfJ
Playoff Odds: 24.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphdasmurf2 View Post
He's held to a higher standard because he was a 4th overall pick (it's been said in this thread better than I can put it).

He busts his ass every night, adds dynamicisim to the 3rd line, and has a hilarious faux twitter from his hair's POV (@PouliotsHair).

He's a good player. As stated before, this year we have witnessed B-b-b-benny and the poo kind of put some of it together. Hell 15 goals aint that bad.

Bring Benny Back 2013, the 3rd line could be:

Poo - Pev - Parise TriPPPle threat
If Parise even skated a second on the third line because of a shift change, I would march to the garden and shoot Claude myself.

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 08:24 AM
Ratty

With the GWG last night, Ben-Wa continues to make his case for a new contract. I go 2 yrs./3.50m. And he could be a bargain at that rate.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 08:43 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
With the GWG last night, Ben-Wa continues to make his case for a new contract. I go 2 yrs./3.50m. And he could be a bargain at that rate.
I still want to see what or how he performs come playoff time, and I don`t necessarily mean stats, if he continues to show that he can be trusted to not take dumb penalties, continues busting his arse etc...then yup, I make him an offer but don`t get rattled if he were to turn it down either

Old
03-28-2012, 08:50 AM
TCL40

Poo and Kelly serve different purposes, but I will say that playing with Kelly IMO has made Poo a better player.

Also, Poo seems to have put his dumb penalty taker away. Also, Poo has been decent at drawing some penalties.

I like Poo, and I actually think there is a lot of raw talent in there that may still blossom. I also agree that seeing how he does in the playoffs is important. Poo has a reputation for being a no show come play off time, but then he also had a reputation for being lazy and lazy is one thing I have never seen out of Poo. He has been in some games one of the few Bruins fighting until the end of the game.

I agree with everyone who things trying to get Kelly re-signed is the #1 priority. I am not sure they will do it-I do think Kelly can likely get more money elsewhere. Shoot I could see him going to almost any team that needs some veteran leadership and a player with a strong defensive game. Toronto has no defense to speak of and Tampa isn't much better. Both are teams that I could see courting Kelly. I know some Ottawa fans would like him back although I am not convinced Ottawa will make him an offer.

TCL40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 08:53 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
Poo and Kelly serve different purposes, but I will say that playing with Kelly IMO has made Poo a better player.

Also, Poo seems to have put his dumb penalty taker away. Also, Poo has been decent at drawing some penalties.

I like Poo, and I actually think there is a lot of raw talent in there that may still blossom. I agree with everyone who things trying to get Kelly re-signed is the #1 priority. I am not sure they will do it-I do think Kelly can likely get more money elsewhere. Shoot I could see him going to almost any team that needs some veteran leadership and a player with a strong defensive game.

Toronto has no defense to speak of and Tampa isn't much better. Both are teams that I could see courting Kelly. I know some Ottawa fans would like him back although I am not convinced Ottawa will make him an offer.
Kelly is a guy that CJ uses with a similair attitude as Bergy, and I don`t mean skill level and overall game, it`s that no matter who you play with him, his game doesn`t change, he keeps it as simple as possible and he can shift to the wing or stay up the middle it doesn`t matter.

Old
03-28-2012, 08:58 AM
KrejciMVP

I like Pouliot. He shuts his mouth and does his job. Very happy with him this year and would to see him back next year. Lets see how he performs in the playoffs

KrejciMVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I still want to see what or how he performs come playoff time, and I don`t necessarily mean stats, if he continues to show that he can be trusted to not take dumb penalties, continues busting his arse etc...then yup, I make him an offer but don`t get rattled if he were to turn it down either
I don't see where Pouliot continues to deserve the "dumb penalties" mantra. He ranks #12 on the team in PIM with 38. I checked the box scores for March and found he had zero infractions.

Earlier in the season he may have taken some ill advised penalties, but I don't think we should continue to charge him with that tendencies, especially given his performances over a long period of time. I guess we can say that many of his teamates have taken some dumb penalties as well.

I realize you mention that he continues NOT to take dumb penalties, but somehow the perception is there by many posters that he has this propensity. Not deserved.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Bone for your jar

I posted on the main board that Poo would score the Cup-winning goal in June, and I'm standing by that.

Bone for your jar is offline   Reply With Quote