HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My Prospect Rankings

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2004, 08:11 PM
Sunshine

vCash: 500
My Prospect Rankings

HockeysFuture 1-20 is OK - too conservative and somewhat outdated.

BTW: I hope bmoak gets the Prospect Poll (currently #39 Falardeau) to a Top 50 list + honorable mention

Here is my current list:
Lunqvist can't be 5th. He should be #1 or 2 with Tyutin.
Pock can't be 7th - he hasn't proven enough. A cup of NHL coffee isn't good enough to make it that high on our list.
Bruce Graham should be in the 10-12 range
Dominic Moore has shown something. He can't be lower than Jonasen (15)
Petruzalek is a dark horse.

...Damn our Top 50 is going to be deep.

Old
11-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Onion Boy

While people can still question the amount of high-end talent in our prospect pool, I find it amazing that we can have players like Paiement and Petruzalek ranked in the 30s in our organization. Talk about depth!

Old
11-21-2004, 08:30 PM
NYRangers

HWhats everyones got?

1. G Henrik Lundqvist
2. D Fedor Tyutin
3. G Alvaro Monotya
4. F Hugh Jessiman
5. F Lauri Korpikoski
6. F Jarkko Immonen
7. F Jozef Balej
8. D Maxim Kondratiev
9. D Tomas Pock
10. F Bruce Graham
11. D Ivan Baranka
12. F Nigel Dawes
13. F Petr Prucha
14. F Garth Murray
15. F Dwight Helminen
16. D David Liffiton
17. F Darin Olver
18. F Greg Moore
19. D Jake Taylor
20. D Bryce Lampman

A few notes...

I'm very high on Lundqvist and Graham. Lundqvist easily solidified the spot with his ridiculous numbers.

Korpikoski and Immonen are close. But Korpikoski wont turn 19 until next June and is in the mens league.

Petruzelak, Ryan, etc will make it next year. There just very unproven.

Last edited by NYRangers: 11-21-2004 at 08:39 PM.
Old
11-21-2004, 08:51 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers
HWhats everyones got?

1. G Henrik Lundqvist
2. D Fedor Tyutin
3. G Alvaro Monotya
4. F Hugh Jessiman
5. F Lauri Korpikoski
6. F Jarkko Immonen
7. F Jozef Balej
8. D Maxim Kondratiev
9. D Tomas Pock
10. F Bruce Graham
11. D Ivan Baranka
12. F Nigel Dawes
13. F Petr Prucha
14. F Garth Murray
15. F Dwight Helminen
16. D David Liffiton
17. F Darin Olver
18. F Greg Moore
19. D Jake Taylor
20. D Bryce Lampman

A few notes...

I'm very high on Lundqvist and Graham. Lundqvist easily solidified the spot with his ridiculous numbers.

Korpikoski and Immonen are close. But Korpikoski wont turn 19 until next June and is in the mens league.

Petruzelak, Ryan, etc will make it next year. There just very unproven.
I am very high on Graham and Helminen same for Lundqvist, and i do think Immonen will be a very solid player also.Im not that great on making lists but below I put down who I think should be moved down and who should be moved up.

I do think that Kondratiev, Korpikoski (maybe 2nd liner most likely 3rd or who knows if he will ever make it to the Garden), Baranka and some what Prucha are to high on the list.

With players like Helminen, Graham, Taylor and even Murray should be higher on the list, as they seem to be more important pieces to NYR rebuilding and will be more valuable to the team and will have better futures than Kondratiev, Korpikoski, Baranka and Prucha. But these are just my opinions.Korpikoski is not looking to good this year, well as of yet. Im not that high on him dont think he will be a flop but maybe a Niklas Sundstrom.Which is a good thing.But who knows.I think he is a bit overrated.

Last edited by AG9NK35DT8: 11-21-2004 at 08:59 PM.
Old
11-21-2004, 08:56 PM
NYRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
I am very high on Graham and Helminen same for Lundqvist, and i do think Immonen will be a very solid player also.Im not that great on making lists but below I put down who I think should be moved down and who should be moved up.

I do think that Kondratiev, Korpikoski (maybe 2nd liner most likely 3rd or who knows if he will ever make it to the Garden), Baranka and some what Prucha are to high on the list.

With players like Helminen, Graham, Taylor and even Murray should be higher on the list, as they seem to be more important pieces to NYR rebuilding and will be more valuable to the team than Kondratiev, Korpikoski, Baranka and Prucha.But these are just my opinions.
Moving Graham would put him over one of our top tier guys. If he plays well into next season he will be up their. But he is as high as I would put him (for now), and I'm a huge Bruce fan.

I've seen Taylor play only 2 times but from what I saw, he didn't impress me too much. He had a few huge hits and all. But he needs to improve his skating.

Murray and Helminen top out as 3rd liners. I'd rather put people with higher ceilings higher up.

Old
11-21-2004, 09:09 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

I like your list a lot NYRangers.

Old
11-21-2004, 09:13 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers
Moving Graham would put him over one of our top tier guys. If he plays well into next season he will be up their. But he is as high as I would put him (for now), and I'm a huge Bruce fan.

I've seen Taylor play only 2 times but from what I saw, he didn't impress me too much. He had a few huge hits and all. But he needs to improve his skating.

Murray and Helminen top out as 3rd liners. I'd rather put people with higher ceilings higher up.
Ok well Graham at the 10 spot is fine thought you had him lower at 12 for some reason.I am High on Grahma as well.

Taylor has a lot of improving to do and Liffiton as of now is looking better than him, but when he ( Taylor ) does improve he will be alot more better of a prospect than Kondratiev is and will be I think he ( Kondartiev) is to high on your list by a bit.

Helminen IMO has an equal ceiling if not higher than Korpikoski as I see him as really a 3rd liner with maybe be 2nd line potential, when i feel that Helminen will be able to play both second and third line so I would put him a bit higher than Korp and Kondratiev.Helminen to me equals a Madden/ Halpern type of player while Korp reminds me of a Sundstrom which is good, but I like Helminen more as a prospect.
__________________________________________________ __________________
Helminen= pp time , pk time, Even Strength time, Clutch player, 2nd /3rd liner, an all around do it all guy that can be used in any situation.

Korpikoski= pk'er, 3rd liner maybe 2nd which I dont even think he will be.
__________________________________________________ __________________
Kondratiev= pk'er, good defensive d-man with a potential of 20-25 points a season, a safe player to have and reliable.

Taylor= pk'er, good defensive d-man, with big physical upside and toughness and can be a 20-25 point d-man, better role player and has leadership abilities also safe and reliable.
__________________________________________________ ___________________
As for baranka dont know much about let alone really hear anything so to me he is somewhat invisible, as for prucha he to me is one of these " will he ever even p[lay a game in NY" so should i even consider giving him a high spot.

Overall I do agree with your list very much so, besides on the 5 or 6 players that i feel should be moved around, it is a pretty solid and acurate list.

Last edited by AG9NK35DT8: 11-21-2004 at 09:23 PM.
Old
11-21-2004, 09:16 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
I like your list a lot NYRangers.
:lol , sorry i couldnt help it.

Old
11-21-2004, 10:16 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Lets see your list there bigshot. If i were too make one it would be very similar to his.

Old
11-21-2004, 10:28 PM
NYRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
:lol , sorry i couldnt help it.
What are you laughing at?

Closed Thread