Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2012, 11:37 PM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

vCash: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
He has fought in 2-3 of his last games... For sure would have fought Reaves (again) and throrton tonight for sure....

Just wanted to point out that George isn't going to cost us winning or losing
again, would rather have people with speed who can sometimes score than a guy who fights once every game with 2 mins of ice time.

rolling 4 lines rests the top guys

blake or hagman will create more offense

Old
03-25-2012, 11:39 PM
parrosfan16

vCash: 505
Quote:
Brookbank is one hell of a middle weight and he has no problem dropping the gloves, but rarely fights.... BB is definatley making this team steer clear of the rough stuff... It's disgusting
I agree. The reason I like hockey is the tough, physical, aspect of the game. If the Ducks are going to become a Euro-soft team, I'll unfortunately have to find a new teach to watch. I refuse to spend my money to go watch some soft sissy hockey.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:44 PM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post

i guess the concept of what a true 4th line is way over your head
your ability to prove your point with facts overwhelms me. personal attacks prove nothing except your full of hot air.

state some facts to prove your points or stop trolling / complaining.

most of the top teams in the league don't employ goon squad 4th lines. guess they all got the wrong idea and got lucky eh?

Old
03-25-2012, 11:46 PM
DaDucks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Didnt see the game but I agree and disagree with Dirk. Team needs more toughness but Parros is not the answer. Yeah he's useless now imo. Blake is just as useless though. He shouldn't see the ice again this year IMO. I take Parros over him, but I take Hags over Parros any day. Although I don't want Hagman back either
unless it's for 900k or less and other spots are addressed first.
funny how dirk is the chairmen of fighting for the ducks boards... I started watching hockey just because of fighting Which lead to me buying

leafs Domi, Sabres Barnaby, May, and a tkatchuk jets jersey.... Back when hockey was alot better

Old
03-25-2012, 11:50 PM
DaDucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulyours View Post
again, would rather have people with speed who can sometimes score than a guy who fights once every game with 2 mins of ice time.

rolling 4 lines rests the top guys

blake or hagman will create more offense

U did see the numbers that u posted right? We have a losing season because we aren't good enough to roll 4 lines.... U are aware that they are also turnover machines too yes?

Old
03-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Unholy
waifu

vCash: 500
I hear UFC has a lot of fights.

03-25-2012, 11:54 PM
parrosfan16

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
And does hockey. What's your point?

Old
03-25-2012, 11:57 PM
DaDucks

Quote:
Cool Story Hansel

Last edited by DaDucks: 03-26-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old
03-26-2012, 12:01 AM
Gibson Les Palms

Can't expect much more from Brad Watson.

This is a pathetic team, right now. There better be wholesale changes this summer.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:01 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
Parros has proven himself perfectly competent in the right system and situation. If he gets stuck on the ice against faster opponents, then he's in trouble. That's a coaching problem. I don't have much faith in Boudreau making an effort to put Parros in which he can succeed. He's not much of a matcher.
The issue though is that matching for Parros requires the entire 4th line be limited to 4-6 minutes of ice time or that someone gets double shifted. I'd prefer 4th line players who can play a legitimate role on the ice, whether they be energy line bangers or scorers. Parros doesn't enforce and isn't NHL talent against more than 3-5% of the players in the league right now. I'm sick of watching all the games when he plays and seeing just how inferior our 4th line is compared to the other team. And it's not because the other team is tougher/hiting harder, it's because they are literally skating around and outskilling our 4th line where they get hemmed into the defensive zone and I'm praying Hiller can freeze the puck. There's a need for a fast hard hitting 4th liner(s) with an edge. That doesn't describe Parros.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:06 AM
Unholy
waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrosfan16 View Post
And does hockey. What's your point?
Oh, no point I guess

Quote:
Cool Story Hansol
I think you mean Hansel.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:08 AM
DaDucks

Quote:
Oh, no point I guess

I think you mean Hansel.
Changed it before u got me...lol
Glad u knew where that was from 2

Old
03-26-2012, 12:13 AM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

Quote:
U did see the numbers that u posted right? We have a losing season because we aren't good enough to roll 4 lines.... U are aware that they are also turnover machines too yes?
never said they were optimal, i said they were better choices than parros.

the beginning of the season showed we aren't good enough to roll a top heavy 2 lines with 3rd - 4th checkers /bruisers. we are more competitive with 4 lines than 2 lines playing 22 - 25 mins.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:18 AM
DaDucks

Quote:

the beginning of the season showed we aren't good enough to roll a top heavy 2 lines with 3rd - 4th checkers /bruisers. we are more competitive with 4 lines than 2 lines playing 22 - 25
mins.
Bruisers? I wish... Our lineup is pretty much the same... Again just looking for Parros vs teams with heavyweights not asking for much... We are eliminated from the playoffs.... Lets play a fan favorite

Old
03-26-2012, 12:26 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Can't expect much more from Brad Watson.

This is a pathetic team, right now. There better be wholesale changes this summer.
Explain how a team which has beaten the Wings, Sharks, and league leading Blues while being jobbed out of at least a point to the defending Cup champions in the last 11 days is "pathetic".

Old
03-26-2012, 12:30 AM
Gibson Les Palms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Explain how a team which has beaten the Wings, Sharks, and league leading Blues while being jobbed out of at least a point to the defending Cup champions in the last 11 days is "pathetic".
Like the Sharks and Wings have been playing so great recently. Sure the STL game was great. This team for the most part has been unbearable to watch, and I sure hope you agree that they need to make big changes soon. Yes, they have been pathetic to watch. There is zero toughness and zero passion for the most part. I know you are very argumentative, but I am not gonna get into a big tussle here.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:38 AM
Paul4587

Quote:

the beginning of the season showed we aren't good enough to roll a top heavy 2 lines with 3rd - 4th checkers /bruisers. we are more competitive with 4 lines than 2 lines playing 22 - 25 mins.
What checkers/bruisers were we putting out on the 3rd and 4th lines? Macenauer? McMillan? Gordon?

Obviously we're more competitive being able to roll 4 lines but we could be even more competitive if we had anyone on the roster capable of playing a hard nosed, physical game with any sort of consistency. We don't really have anyone that fits that criteria (which is on Murray, not Boudreau) but I'd rather see a 5-10 goal, 15-20 point Travis Moen in our bottom 6 than a 10-15 goal, 25-30 point Cogliano or Hagman or whoever.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:42 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Like the Sharks and Wings have been playing so great recently. Sure the STL game was great. This team for the most part has been unbearable to watch, and I sure hope you agree that they need to make big changes soon. Yes, they have been pathetic to watch. There is zero toughness and zero passion for the most part. I know you are very argumentative, but I am not gonna get into a big tussle here.
Team defense is good, the team hasn't been quitting, and outside of some questionable officiating they've been in most of their games. I think they need a healthy Lydman or replacement, a motivated Vis or replacement, a single 2nd line player and some grit on the 4th line that can actually play hockey. Personal attacks aside I think they are a playoff team THIS year if Hiller was healthy to start the year and prefer to have discussions with people who make factual reasoned detailed posts rather than histrionics. I think Columbus and Minnesota have been pathetic. I think the Ducks have been disappointing but I'm not sitting in the seats feeling I'm watching a pathetic team in 2012. Feel free to disagree.

Old
03-26-2012, 01:01 AM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYenik View Post
I don't know what happened with George. He was on the upswing actually fighting and actually didn't look bad in other aspects of his game. Then suddenly that stopped when they went on that hot streak. Maybe it was his injury, maybe it was Boudreau.
Parros has shined away from fighting way before Carlye was fired.

Old
03-26-2012, 01:28 AM
Dirk316

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
Parros has shined away from fighting way before Carlye was fired.
only because of the eye injury

Old
03-26-2012, 01:31 AM
Bender66
Send in the clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
Parros has proven himself perfectly competent in the right system and situation. If he gets stuck on the ice against faster opponents, then he's in trouble. That's a coaching problem. I don't have much faith in Boudreau making an effort to put Parros in which he can succeed. He's not much of a matcher.
Everyone in the league is faster than him. How is that a coaching problem?

Old
03-26-2012, 01:35 AM
Dirk316

Quote:
your ability to prove your point with facts overwhelms me. personal attacks prove nothing except your full of hot air.

state some facts to prove your points or stop trolling / complaining.

most of the top teams in the league don't employ goon squad 4th lines. guess they all got the wrong idea and got lucky eh?
Most teams have players who fight and throw hits, when this team had a goon squad they won a cup and had other great playoff runs and when they a assemble a roster of soft small wimps they turn into a lottery team. Anymore "facts" for you
How about entertainment? Fighting brawls big hits = entertainment for 99% of the crowd
You might be that 1% who hate fights. Judging by the empty seats of bored fans I think people would rather have things my way.

Old
03-26-2012, 01:41 AM
Dirk316

We dress the 3rd softest lineup in the league since that pos took over. NYI and Detroit are worse
That is pathetic

Old
03-26-2012, 01:55 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Wow, you guys overrate fighting. 5 minute penalties don't get you victories, goals do. Also there's more than one way to play this game.

Old
03-26-2012, 02:04 AM
5minsforfighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Cogliano may as well lose the stick and become a speed skater.
Hahaha, thats a good one.

Closed Thread