HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Game #76: at Calgary, 3/26 (8:00 PM, Fox Sports Southwest, 1310 AM, 104.1 FM)

Old
03-26-2012, 10:53 PM
ScubaSteve*

vCash: 500
Classic Stars hockey. Give them the chance to tighten the noose to somebody and they **** the bed.

ScubaSteve* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Pardy is anything but solid. He wasn't worst player on the ice tonight, though.
my personal nominee for that honor is robidas tonight

Bennrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:56 PM
catters078

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
we might as well be 15 points out, the chances of making the playoffs would be about the same considering our brutal schedule in the last 5.

St. Louis and Nashville are actually teams with some shred of pride in giving a decent effort on a nightly basis. We'll be out of those games before they even start.

Trade Kari in the offseason to a team that deserves him
were 2-1 against Nashville, we can defiantely get to at least overtime, if not win.

We have beaten st lous this year, and when they beat us in the 1st game we didnt have kari, and in the 2nd game no ribeiro or benn. We can beat st louis who may rest players.

If we lost to Edmonton its all over, but if we win we are right back in it.

Kari needs to play like he did in the 3rd though.

we cant give up more than 2 a night from here.

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Next two games are must wins.

If we can't beat Edmonton, we don't deserve to go anywhere anyways.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:08 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Bad: Robidas' lazy penalties and inability to hit the net with any sort of accuracy.
Also bad: Ribeiro's lazy passes and lazy penalties.
Still bad: Garbutt, who showed hustle and spark, had 4 minutes of ice time.
Worse: Dowell, who had a good hit on Jackman and has shown decent puck skills and drive, had 2:50.
Worse still: The fact we're now beaten up coming down the stretch with minor injuries to Fiddler, Vincour, and a more serious one to Nystrom.
Even worse: The fact Pardy is keeping pace with Kari's scoring.
The downright worst thing about tonight? The fact this team can't seem to learn from their mistakes, that their coach instill the required fear in them to motivate them to play their best, and the fact Joe can't seem to do everything he needs to do to ensure this team is competitive. Otherwise, they did somehow manage to stay in it through the efforts of some guys tonight, and unfortunately left Kari out to dry again. I really can't wait for Smith and Chiasson (and Glennie) to make their impact on this team at the NHL level.

At least we scored 4 goals, two on Herculean efforts by the new "franchise" player Jamie Benn, one that was iffy for goalie interference, and a hard nosed goal by an up and coming solid D-man, no matter how small.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Gully pissed...

Quote:
Stars coach Glen Gulutzan

“We gave them what happened tonight. We had the game, we were in a good spot at 2-1, then we make an error and then we take penalty after penalty until they get a two goal lead. Dumb, dumb penalties. … You’ve got to learn how to win and the way we went about it doesn’t look like we want to win. It really doesn’t. They’ve got to figure that out for themselves.”

Old
03-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

vCash: 5355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
Bad: Robidas' lazy penalties and inability to hit the net with any sort of accuracy.
Also bad: Ribeiro's lazy passes and lazy penalties.
Still bad: Garbutt, who showed hustle and spark, had 4 minutes of ice time.
Worse: Dowell, who had a good hit on Jackman and has shown decent puck skills and drive, had 2:50.
Worse still: The fact we're now beaten up coming down the stretch with minor injuries to Fiddler, Vincour, and a more serious one to Nystrom.
Even worse: The fact Pardy is keeping pace with Kari's scoring.
The downright worst thing about tonight? The fact this team can't seem to learn from their mistakes, that their coach instill the required fear in them to motivate them to play their best, and the fact Joe can't seem to do everything he needs to do to ensure this team is competitive. Otherwise, they did somehow manage to stay in it through the efforts of some guys tonight, and unfortunately left Kari out to dry again. I really can't wait for Smith and Chiasson (and Glennie) to make their impact on this team at the NHL level.

At least we scored 4 goals, two on Herculean efforts by the new "franchise" player Jamie Benn, one that was iffy for goalie interference, and a hard nosed goal by an up and coming solid D-man, no matter how small.
How exactly is that one bad?

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Not sure if I can shake the blame from management yet.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
How exactly is that one bad?
I may have been sarcastic in there at times. Everyone here treats Pardy like trash. And at the beginning of the season he was playing like it, but he's picked up the pace lately and the hate is now unneeded.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Gully pissed...
So do something about it, Gully.

What's your gameplan for Edmonton?

At least he's not pointing the finger at the refs anymore. Fat lot of good that did for us.

03-26-2012, 11:36 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

Quote:
I may have been sarcastic in there at times. Everyone here treats Pardy like trash. And at the beginning of the season he was playing like it, but he's picked up the pace lately and the hate is now unneeded.
Yes. I hate to reference DBD knowing how some feel about that site but Josh Lile did a great writeup on just how much Pardy has elevated his play since early in the season, all while not even being able to keep a rhythm because he's constantly sitting.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:38 PM
SonicSpeedDash
20% Cooler

Hope Reilly will spark life into this dead battery of a team.

SonicSpeedDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:41 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSpeed View Post
Hope Reilly will spark life into this dead battery of a team.
I hope he can come in quickly.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:45 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
This team's going to **** the bed in games as long as they have stupid stupid players on this team like Robidas, Souray, Morrow, and Ott who INSIST on taking back to back penalties and giving teams momentum.

Why do we choose to let in 3 PP goals a night every 20 games? It's like they do so well and then just forget everything about PKing..

Gonna end the night in 7th. At least LA lost - hopefully the Kings and Sharks cannibalize each other for the rest of the year. Still this team needs to find its mojo, its calm demeanor, and play smart road games. Absolutely have to win in Edmonton.

MetalGodAOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:17 AM
Ampersand
Dallas Stars Fan

Well just got home from the game, we dominated 2 minutes of the game (in the first minute of both the 1st and 2nd), Robidas is a liability as usual, Morrow's reduced minutes haven't helped, and the Flames find a way to cut another Stars player. Flames fan's are as obnoxious as ever, I had to tell some high school kids to stop cursing in front of 4 year olds. (put the fear of God into 'em)

Ampersand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:24 AM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
Well just got home from the game, we dominated 2 minutes of the game (in the first minute of both the 1st and 2nd), Robidas is a liability as usual, Morrow's reduced minutes haven't helped, and the Flames find a way to cut another Stars player. Flames fan's are as obnoxious as ever, I had to tell some high school kids to stop cursing in front of 4 year olds. (put the fear of God into 'em)
Actually, I would say that Morrow's reduced minutes helped. He took no penalties, threw some hits, made good use of his body on the Larsen goal. The problem is Gully redistributed minutes to guys who didn't come out to play like Ribeiro, or overworking energy guys like Ott. Gulutzan should have given Dowell and Garbutt and Vincour more ice time when Nystrom left the game. Take 4 shifts from Ott, Ribeiro and Ryder, and that's an extra 3-4 minutes for those guys.

The same mistake Gulutzan and Crawford have made the past couple years... give the bottom 6ers a chance, Gully. That is what they are there for.

Old
03-27-2012, 12:24 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Where were your seats?

Sorry they couldn't pull out the most improbable of comebacks tonight for ya.

Old
03-27-2012, 12:26 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
give the bottom 6ers a chance, Gully. That is what they are there for.
They were also on the PK for 3/4ths of the 2nd (seemed that way at least).

Agreed though.

Old
03-27-2012, 12:27 AM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
I'm so sayd.

Just so angry at our idiot PiM leaders. And Burish for that ****** clear on the PK and then failing to block Giordano's shot. And Riberio for that bad pass. And Robidas for being just so god awful.

MetalGodAOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:37 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Watched all the post game interviews. Calgary interviewers kept trying to ask about the "growing rivalry" between Dallas and Calgary. Interviewing Souray, they said the games between the Stars and Flames were the "most intense" games they see in Calgary.

Don't know about y'all, but there about 15 other teams that I dislike more than the Flames. Don't feel like there's anything on the ice other than the usual stuff either (minus Benn's thrashing of Iginla whenever that was).

Old
03-27-2012, 12:40 AM
Ampersand
Dallas Stars Fan

Quote:
Where were your seats?

Sorry they couldn't pull out the most improbable of comebacks tonight for ya.
I was sitting nose bleeds (Sport Chek Zone)

As unfortunate as Rib's blind pass was in the second, I don;t think he played horribly, he was still great with the puck. I think I am more upset at the break aways we gave to the Flames time and time again. It was too bad Loui couldn't bury his chance on the break away, but hey he's bound to miss one in his career.

Old
03-27-2012, 12:42 AM
Ampersand
Dallas Stars Fan

Quote:
Watched all the post game interviews. Calgary interviewers kept trying to ask about the "growing rivalry" between Dallas and Calgary. Interviewing Souray, they said the games between the Stars and Flames were the "most intense" games they see in Calgary.

Don't know about y'all, but there about 15 other teams that I dislike more than the Flames. Don't feel like there's anything on the ice other than the usual stuff either (minus Benn's thrashing of Iginla whenever that was).
Agreed, the "rivalry" was better when Ott could actually get under Iggy's skin, It seems #12 knows of Ott's antics now.

Old
03-27-2012, 12:42 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
As unfortunate as Rib's blind pass was in the second, I don;t think he played horribly, he was still great with the puck. I think I am more upset at the break aways we gave to the Flames time and time again. It was too bad Loui couldn't bury his chance on the break away, but hey he's bound to miss one in his career.
He played better as the game went along but he was crap in the first half of it.

Penalty that took us off the powerplay (whether it was legit or not is a different question).
Centering pass to an opposing player that tied the game.
Clean faceoff loss that lead to the third goal for Calgary.

And before all that, he was pretty much invisible.

Old
03-27-2012, 12:45 AM
Elysian
@AdamBath

Quote:
I was sitting nose bleeds (Sport Chek Zone)

Did you make it on the big screen? They showed one guy in a white Stars sweater sometime during the game.

Old
03-27-2012, 12:51 AM
Ampersand
Dallas Stars Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Did you make it on the big screen? They showed one guy in a white Stars sweater sometime during the game.
haha no that wasn't me ( I was wearing our current home, GF in my '98 Away, and my buddy in my North Stars green). Other issue with tonight, maybe you guys can answer: why did it seem Burish was getting all the face-offs? Maybe Ott kept getting kicked out, I'm not sure, but shouldn't they be trying to give Benn even more face offs if they won't him to be an even better all round centre? I dunno maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention at the face-offs.