HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Devils @ Penguins

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Richer's Ghost
DING! DING!

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou's Koolaid View Post
Yup just grab some popcorn and enjoy as the Rangers shot block themselves into the ground. Despite NYR's ownege over the Philth this regular season I see that being a long series.
the goaltending storylines of both teams has changed significantly over the recent weeks.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
03-26-2012, 10:12 AM
theking72
Confucius Ackbar

vCash: 500
I knew we would lose the game against the Penguins when all my Rangers fan friends were wishing me good luck on Sunday afternoon. Marty tanked that first goal on purpose I tell you!

Old
03-26-2012, 10:24 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

^ again that's the only consolation from that loss. The fact that it hurts the Rags as far as the Division/Conference goes.

Old
03-26-2012, 10:28 AM
GameSeven
ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
the goaltending storylines of both teams has changed significantly over the recent weeks.
in a word... regression

Old
03-26-2012, 10:39 AM
BackSpasm Kovy
Reaching for the top

Sorry, but yesterday, we played better then those Pens.

What cost us the game, are individual errors, like a lot of you said. If Zid didn't get burned by Sid, and Kovy scored on his wide open chance, it would of been a different game.

All their goals we're off the rush or from our mistakes. By no mean outplayed us, and seriously, wasn't impressed by them. We could handle them in a 7 game series, and our best shut down d-man wasn't playing.

We cycled, we forechecked hard, we simply outplayed them.

Old
03-26-2012, 10:44 AM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Notes View Post

What cost us the game, are individual errors, like a lot of you said. If Zid didn't get burned by Sid, and Kovy scored on his wide open chance, it would of been a different game.

All their goals we're off the rush or from our mistakes. By no mean outplayed us, and seriously, wasn't impressed by them. We could handle them in a 7 game series, and our best shut down d-man wasn't playing.

i missed the game but i love your attitude.

Old
03-26-2012, 10:54 AM
BackSpasm Kovy
Reaching for the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils1982 View Post
i missed the game but i love your attitude.

No offense, it's not a question about having a good attitude.

It's more a question of telling things the way they are, if the devils would of sucked, I would of simply said it, but they didn't

Really the 10-4 argument is horrible. Last game and the game before vs them, are 2 totally different games.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:13 AM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
No offense, it's not a question about having a good attitude.

It's more a question of telling things the way they are, if the devils would of sucked, I would of simply said it, but they didn't

Really the 10-4 argument is horrible. Last game and the game before vs them, are 2 totally different games.
its hard to offend me. no worries. just good to see there are others that believe that a 7 game series against the pens can be won.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:15 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

These next two home games are huuuuuge.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:29 AM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I'm not worried about him. He's going to be really good some day, but he's not there yet. I wish we could give him some magic beans to make him grow faster, though. We need the #1 defenceman he's going to become, right now.
seriously. i mean yea he has his hiccups, but look at who/what he is. not u i mean, the people saying to bench him. hes a 19 year old rookie dman thrown into a situation where there is no clear cut #1 and hes trying to do everything he can. hes a mega talent and will be that #1 one day, but his transition is as good as i couldve hoped so when he does **** up, i dont even care because its expected. im more concerned with the goaltending, the defense as a whole and the offense not scoring as much as they should be. for what larsson has brought this season has been a breath of fresh air. its just that every so often, someone farts. life goes on.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:31 AM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
oh and whats this about deb and the girls? someone better get me a pic of that ****. my deb.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:44 AM
battlingBard56

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Other positives to take from this game:

-Zajac looked great and he should be a real asset in the playoffs when he's needed most
-This team was not horrific in faceoffs tonight
-This team is not being embarrassingly outshot anymore
-All 4 lines were able to maintain multiple shifts of sustained pressure on the most offensively aggressive team in the league right now
-Greene and that hit on Crosby. Zubrus luring several players to try and put a hit on him, only to wind up making a fool of themselves. If they keep up with the physical play like that... perhaps Janssen and Boulton will never be needed ever again.

Probably not enough to back some people off the ledge right now, but thought I'd give it a shot!
Always frustrating to lose, but... if not for the individual mistakes this game would've ended a lot better. I saw a lot of positives out of this one. The mistakes are correctable.

And that hit on Crosby. NICE... not used to seeing Greene laying out people like that, but it was sure awesome to see.

Josefson has been awesome lately. And Zajac was one of the best players for us last night, which is impressive considering how long he's been out.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:48 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Quote:

I hate claiming that our team played better than the winning team, its just poor sportsmanship. The Devils created a legacy out of scoring off of mistakes, it is a significant part of the game.

There is no question who the better team was, its was Pittsburgh by a mile.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:15 PM
thecoffeecake

What's more unbearable than watching this team get rocked day in and day out is reading this ******** some of you post. No offense to anyone, I'm new here and everyone is very nice (and is much more active than the other boards I've been on for years), but guys, come on. I'm so sick of reading "oh, well the Penguins are such a good team, we can drop a game to them, no big deal". Jesus Christ, my stomach turns. I have never gone into a game not expecting the Devils to win. Ever. Not last year even, not ever. As fans, that is our responsibility, to be the voice pushing this team. If we expect our boys to lose, why should they expect to win? Look at our roster. I don't believe any team in the NHL is clearly better than us across the board. We can never accept attitudes like that, we can never as fans expect the team just to roll over because a team is playing well. Ottawa spanked them silly on Saturday night for god's sake, every team in beatable. Pittsburgh is playing well right now, fine, but I have no reason to think Washington or Buffalo or Winnipeg cant take this team out in the first round, I have no reason to think we couldn't handle them in a 7 game series, and I have no reason to believe they will win the cup this year. Was it even a month ago that we had more points than they did? Someone had the balls to post before the Toronto game something along the lines of oh we need to beat Toronto and save a loss for Pittsburgh. That is an unacceptable mentality.

The results we've been seeing this month are totally and completely unacceptable. I have pride in this team and what they represent, and too much of it to ever say "oh, well Pittsburgh's good, they can embarras us, it's fine." **** Pittsburgh and their soft ******** stars, and **** their bandwagon fans that were no where to be seen half a decade ago. They are nobody. We have 6 games left before the playoffs, and I see no reason why we shouldn't earn 12 points.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:19 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Old
03-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I liked the way we played yesterday too.

Now if we play that way minus those mistakes against Tampa Bay then we can DEFINITELY beat POS Tampa Bay. Same with Mac Loser, and Carolina.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Richer's Ghost
DING! DING!

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoffeecake View Post
What's more unbearable than watching this team get rocked day in and day out is reading this ******** some of you post. No offense to anyone, I'm new here and everyone is very nice (and is much more active than the other boards I've been on for years), but guys, come on. I'm so sick of reading "oh, well the Penguins are such a good team, we can drop a game to them, no big deal". Jesus Christ, my stomach turns. I have never gone into a game not expecting the Devils to win. Ever. Not last year even, not ever. As fans, that is our responsibility, to be the voice pushing this team. If we expect our boys to lose, why should they expect to win? Look at our roster. I don't believe any team in the NHL is clearly better than us across the board. We can never accept attitudes like that, we can never as fans expect the team just to roll over because a team is playing well. Ottawa spanked them silly on Saturday night for god's sake, every team in beatable. Pittsburgh is playing well right now, fine, but I have no reason to think Washington or Buffalo or Winnipeg cant take this team out in the first round, I have no reason to think we couldn't handle them in a 7 game series, and I have no reason to believe they will win the cup this year. Was it even a month ago that we had more points than they did? Someone had the balls to post before the Toronto game something along the lines of oh we need to beat Toronto and save a loss for Pittsburgh. That is an unacceptable mentality.

The results we've been seeing this month are totally and completely unacceptable. I have pride in this team and what they represent, and too much of it to ever say "oh, well Pittsburgh's good, they can embarras us, it's fine." **** Pittsburgh and their soft ******** stars, and **** their bandwagon fans that were no where to be seen half a decade ago. They are nobody. We have 6 games left before the playoffs, and I see no reason why we shouldn't earn 12 points.
Step away from the kool-aid. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but there is no way I grade the Devils the best in the league on anything except the PK right now.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:38 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:

This man gets it.

It's funny. Had the roles been switched, our fans would have called this win "lucky" and that we didn't deserve to win. It's kind of sad.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

The Devils are good enough to make a big run, but here is the problem with them.

They don't show up every few games.

They do show up, but play all goofy in their zone like the Toronto game. They take shots to the net, but mostly ones that just inflate mediocre goaltenders save percentages by pad slappers, soft shots, and ones right into their lap, and catching glove.

They show up, outplay the other team, keep it out of their zone most of the game, and in the other teams, but don't pay good attention, and make stupid moves like last nights game. That, and miss easy shots. I'm looking at you Clarkie, and Kovy. Trav gets a slight pass since he hasn't played in months, but just for last night.

They take chump teams too lightly. Toronto, Tampa Bay, Carolina, too many more to name.

I think the Devils have lost more games to chump teams that suck than any other team in either Conference that's actually in a playoff spot. Can't confirm that, but feel confident enough to assume.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:41 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Step away from the kool-aid. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but there is no way I grade the Devils the best in the league on anything except the PK right now.
No. But like I've been saying, there are ZERO elite teams in the league this year. I can name about 6 teams that at one point in the season LOOKED like they were gonna blow the league out of the water, only to fall back to earth. It's been like this for a few years. The last time I recall a team truly dominating a season from start to finish was the 07-08 Red Wings. Even they stumbled a little bit in February and March.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:49 PM
devilsblood

Quote:

Although I agree with the overall sentiment, we have seen the Devils having a hard time scoring lately, and that has resulted in Losses despite the Dev's clearly outplaying the opponent.

And we have seen it against rookie goal tenders and against bad teams, and in those games we have lost by slim margins, against a good team, we lose by 3. And make no mistake Pit is a very good team, a team that will win games that they are outplayed in. With the playmakers they have, that will happen.

so we did play well last night, and Im not writing this team off, but the inability to put pucks in the net is a legit concern.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:51 PM
kiwidevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 View Post
This man gets it.

It's funny. Had the roles been switched, our fans would have called this win "lucky" and that we didn't deserve to win. It's kind of sad.
HAHA so true. Great post.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

You know what does suck is 2.5 times as many shots last night to net, and still only 2 goals. Fleury is really not that good, but he played pretty good last night. He's not that meaning he isn't winning all the games for Pittsburgh. He's good, but I would say he isn't a huge reason why this team is winning.

Maybe if Clarkson, and Kovalchuk had got those easy ones last night this game goes to OT tied at 4.

Old
03-26-2012, 01:02 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 View Post
No. But like I've been saying, there are ZERO elite teams in the league this year. I can name about 6 teams that at one point in the season LOOKED like they were gonna blow the league out of the water, only to fall back to earth. It's been like this for a few years. The last time I recall a team truly dominating a season from start to finish was the 07-08 Red Wings. Even they stumbled a little bit in February and March.
cmon you're forgetting that sabres team from '06 not long ago, "scary good"

they had a bad streak in march that year.....and yet we sit here today and they've still not accomplished one ****in cup.

way too much hype on the pens for the amount of teams that could win it all

**** that lunatic jeannerat by the way.

Old
03-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Play Hedberg PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Guy kept you afloat until Brodeur got his game together. Come on, two shuts outs in three games earns one more playing time.

Closed Thread