Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Sens @ Jets | Mon Mar 26 | 730PM CST | MTS Centre | Game 76 | "Sen City"

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2012, 10:49 AM
JetsFan815

vCash: 500
If Anderson is in the goal I can see some kind of a chant referencing slicing a chicken.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:00 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Sorta hoping Ottawa wins. Would hate to see Buffalo and Washington move past them and bump them into 9th. Pretty much realized were not going to make the playoffs so hopefully we can grab a lottery pick

Old
03-26-2012, 11:03 AM
razorsedge

Just looked at the league wide standings. Kinda hoping the Jets don't win a single game the rest of the season. A sacrifice for the future?

Old
03-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Going to the game now, so I don't want to see them lose. Let's go boys.

03-26-2012, 11:19 AM
ps241
2.6% chance

Is it just me or does this Game Day have an entirely different vibe than any other game day this season? feels like the wind has gone out of our sails (on HFboards) since the loss on Saturday night? it’s almost like the honeymoon is now over and we are on to the next phase of our relationship. Ok…. all right…. I know our odds of making the playoffs have slipped down to about 4% now but I am going to the game tonight and I am going to have fun. It will be very different in the sense that I am watching hockey for hockey's sake now and I feel zero playoff pressure. Honestly although it sucks I can almost use the break ...seems like the stress started with the scramble for Season tickets and it hasn't let up until Saturday night (for me at least).

I love the adrenalin rush that the race to the playoffs brings and I have mixed emotions today in that I feel fortunate that it lasted (or is lasting ) until almost April this season but I am still a bit flat and feel we might have squandered an opportunity that our insane home ice atmosphere gave us in our honeymoon season. The only upside about not making it is the delayed gratification for the playoffs will push out that insane atmosphere and defer that craziness for a later date (small consolation). Either way I am going to have a blast at my last 3 home games in attendance and I will rejoice at and continue to bask in the now 10 month celebration of our re-entry into the NHL......the ride that started with the press conference last May and has continued on through this winter has been so much fun. Winters as we know them in Winnipeg have changed for the rest of our lives and the entire experience (highs and lows) has completely exceeded my astronomical expectations.

Really if I was to try to sum up my disappointment in not making the playoffs it would be as simple as “I would really love to continue watching the Jets for another month or two”…..I am just not ready to let the season go quite yet nor am I ready to tackle such a long off season.

Common boys one last shot why don’t we see how many wins we can string together here………….as Guerzy said “no pressure right now so let’s have some fun”

edit: for the record I don't care where we pick in the draft I want to win every game "always"

Old
03-26-2012, 11:24 AM
umwoz

Unfortunately/Fortunately for me this is the first game I'm going to this season. Not as excited as I thought I would be though, given the circumstances and all.

Nevertheless I shall contribute to rocking the MTS Centre and getting nice and loud.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Huffer

Nail on the head PS241.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Unconditional love, baby! No playoffs but finish strong and give us a great game! Woo!

Old
03-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
edit: for the record I don't care where we pick in the draft I want to win every game "always"
Much agreed with this. I don't want to see the team tanking now to get a better pick. A winning attitude is worth so much more than drafting a couple spots higher.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Shakey Rustie
1L

vCash: 1077
We have games against the Sens, Rangers, and Panthers that have some meaning in the standings, lets play the role of spoiler and keep on winning.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:46 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

The season is ending the same way the first game did, and I feel the same way I did then.

Win or lose, it's amazing to have the Jets back and no one can spoil that feeling.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:58 AM
tbcwpg

I sort of have that same feeling of "meh" when it comes to this game; I might record it and watch it on the PVR later, but I'm not as into it tonight as I would normally be. I do have tickets for the last game of the season against Tampa so I know I'll be looking forward to that one, but the rest of the games here are not "must see TV" for me.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
Just looked at the league wide standings. Kinda hoping the Jets don't win a single game the rest of the season. A sacrifice for the future?
See the pre game thread for thoughts on this from others.

Sandbagging is for losers.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:10 PM
SensibleGuy

I think it'd be a really sad way to end whats been a quite entertaining season for the jets to go into the crapper for the remainder. I don't think the draft is strong enough to worry much about anyway this year. Go out with a bang guys, not a whimper!

Old
03-26-2012, 12:13 PM
Rumcajs

I think Klinkhammer and Foligno will be switched on the lineup (he had 3 assists last game).

Anyway, nice GDT.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1350
Can't believe anyone has seriously suggested it would be preferable for the team to lose the balance of their games simply in order to gain a draft spot or two. We aren't paying an arm and a leg for season tickets in order to watch anyone halfass it out there. I want to see no less than the best from this team each and every night, period, and let the chips fall where they may.

GO JETS GO!!!!

Old
03-26-2012, 12:26 PM
puckhandler

I'm not giving up hope for the playoffs. Ottawa does not play till Saturday after tonight's game. a regulation win by the Jets tonight coupled with a W against NY Rangers and Carolina friday puts us 2 pts behind Ottawa going into Saturday's action.

Looking at Ottawa's schedule, they play in Philadelphia Sat, then have a B2B at Long Island.Then come home for two home games against Carolina and Boston, then finish out the season in New Jersey.

Not exactly an easy schedule. If we can string together 3 straight wins this week, Ottawa might feel the pressure and fold. Stranger things have happened. But none of this is possible w/o a regulation win by the Jets tonight.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Can't believe anyone has seriously suggested it would be preferable for the team to lose the balance of their games simply in order to gain a draft spot or two. We aren't paying an arm and a leg for season tickets in order to watch anyone halfass it out there. I want to see no less than the best from this team each and every night, period, and let the chips fall where they may.

GO JETS GO!!!!
I agree completely. That being said, I don't mind watching 7 hard-fought blood and guts games where we end up losing by one goal. As long as they don't manufacture the loses, I'll be a happy man.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:40 PM
DarthMonty
Jurassic Park baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Is it just me or does this Game Day have an entirely different vibe than any other game day this season? feels like the wind has gone out of our sails (on HFboards) since the loss on Saturday night? it’s almost like the honeymoon is now over and we are on to the next phase of our relationship. Ok…. all right…. I know our odds of making the playoffs have slipped down to about 4% now but I am going to the game tonight and I am going to have fun. It will be very different in the sense that I am watching hockey for hockey's sake now and I feel zero playoff pressure. Honestly although it sucks I can almost use the break ...seems like the stress started with the scramble for Season tickets and it hasn't let up until Saturday night (for me at least).

I love the adrenalin rush that the race to the playoffs brings and I have mixed emotions today in that I feel fortunate that it lasted (or is lasting ) until almost April this season but I am still a bit flat and feel we might have squandered an opportunity that our insane home ice atmosphere gave us in our honeymoon season. The only upside about not making it is the delayed gratification for the playoffs will push out that insane atmosphere and defer that craziness for a later date (small consolation). Either way I am going to have a blast at my last 3 home games in attendance and I will rejoice at and continue to bask in the now 10 month celebration of our re-entry into the NHL......the ride that started with the press conference last May and has continued on through this winter has been so much fun. Winters as we know them in Winnipeg have changed for the rest of our lives and the entire experience (highs and lows) has completely exceeded my astronomical expectations.

Really if I was to try to sum up my disappointment in not making the playoffs it would be as simple as “I would really love to continue watching the Jets for another month or two”…..I am just not ready to let the season go quite yet nor am I ready to tackle such a long off season.

Common boys one last shot why don’t we see how many wins we can string together here………….as Guerzy said “no pressure right now so let’s have some fun”

It's the fifth (or seventh stage) of grief you're feeling - acceptance and hope.

Most of us here on "HFBoards-Winnipeg Jets" have suffered through the 4 (or 6) preliminary stages at various times throughout the season - hence the Shock, Anger, Pain and Depression we have been witness to during the last seven months.

Personally, I waited 15 years while I exited the stages of grief, so to only have to wait 4 months after the playoffs are over to be able to watch my beloved Jets is a small price to pay.

All it took for this scenario was the horrific first ten games of the season, or the terrible road trips in either November or January. One win extra through each of those periods, and we would be feeling much better about the play-offs right now. That's it - three wins, one for each extended sub-par period during the season, and the Jets are in.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:46 PM
SensibleGuy

I haven't experienced much in the way of shock, anger, pain or depression this year at all actually. I mean sure I'm dissappointed we're not likely to get any playoff action this year, but I've been pleasantly surprised by the team itself and the effort we've gotten this year. Part of that may be "the honeymoon factor," but honestly theres been a ton of games this year that rank amongst the most entertaining I've ever seen and the Jets have managed to pull off some really gritty and exciting wins. I've got high hopes for next season and I'm looking forward to watching the moves management makes over the summer...

Old
03-26-2012, 12:46 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

vCash: 406
Tanking is for the Leafs. Go Go!

Old
03-26-2012, 12:51 PM
ps241
2.6% chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMonty View Post
It's the fifth (or seventh stage) of grief you're feeling - acceptance and hope.

Most of us here on "HFBoards-Winnipeg Jets" have suffered through the 4 (or 6) preliminary stages at various times throughout the season - hence the Shock, Anger, Pain and Depression we have been witness to during the last seven months.

Personally, I waited 15 years while I exited the stages of grief, so to only have to wait 4 months after the playoffs are over to be able to watch my beloved Jets is a small price to pay.

All it took for this scenario was the horrific first ten games of the season, or the terrible road trips in either November or January. One win extra through each of those periods, and we would be feeling much better about the play-offs right now. That's it - three wins, one for each extended sub-par period during the season, and the Jets are in.

yea good post............razor thin margins in this new NHL, a bounce here or there can make all the difference

Old
03-26-2012, 12:53 PM
PaperRockChamp

THIS IS WHEN THE TEAM NEEDS OUR 'SUPPORT' THE MOST.

Please don't mail it in at the rink today.. get louder than ever.

They are definitely not handing Ottawa 2 points tonight. If it is a library in the MTS Center tonight it will really show the true colors. The season is not over and we need all the points we can get, starting TONIGHT. By winning tonight it guarantees that we will gain minimum 1 point on BUF/WSH/OTT.

Our road games are in Car/TB/Fla/LongIsl..

We will draft a good player this year whether we are in the #5 or #12 spot.

If we lose tonight, so be it.. I just don't think the crowd should show the players that we have already given up hope.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:56 PM
cbcwpg

vCash: 350
I know I'm being overly optimistic, but when I look at the remaining 7 games, there is some hope.

HOME
Ottawa, NYR, Tampa. Ottawa and the NYR are better than us IMO, but with a good effort and the home team crowd behind the Jets, I could see us winning both. Tampa is not the better team, so I'll count that as a win.

ROAD
Carolina, Tampa, Florida, NYI. Forgetting our pathetic road record for one second and just looking at the teams, we should be able to walk away with 3 wins out of this bunch, with just Florida being the tough team. The question remains... can we play better on the road.

Old
03-26-2012, 01:02 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 396
I agree that the forum has died down after the recent losses. While I'm resigned to the fact that there won't be Jets playoff hockey this year, I'm still going to watch the rest of the games just to watch the team play; like I did at the beginning of the year when I had no playoff hopes for the team and just wanted to enjoy the games. I also have no hopes for tanking and think that learning to win, particularly these tough games towards the end of the season, is an important part in the development of the team.

I'll be watching individual players a bit more rather than the overall flow of the game. I want to get a better assessment of Machacek because I'm curious to see how he plays away from the puck. His point totals are nice but there's a lot more to the game than that and I'm anxious to see if he can make the team next year.

Closed Thread