Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buzz Killington returns, Stars @ Flames, 7:00PM on SNET-W & The Fan 960

Old
03-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy

vCash: 998
Same. Butler has made some boneheaded plays and been problematic at times, but that will change with age. Overall I've been pleased with his performance this season.

Janko Unchained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Xelstyle

vCash: 500
Not sure if it's because we've been working with an exposed Smith, aging Sarich or just bad general play, but Butler looks renewed after his injury.

Anybody hoping for a firey Backlund when he comes back? :wink:

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:31 AM
Unlimited Chequing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Why do you dislike Butler? Not trying to troll or anything but he has impressed me all year and I want to know what about his play you have disliked/ what you were expecting.
No trolling at all, it's a perfectly fine question!

Like Tom Bro said, he makes a lot of bonehead moves that usually ends up with a puck in the back of the net. I've started making this bad habit of looking for 44 on the ice whenever we get scored on and more often than not, he's usually on there (although his +/- seems to suggest otherwise). I understand he's still a young developing player, but if he's eating up top D minutes, he should really be playing like a top D. Maybe it's Sutter I should be hating on.

Of course, I could very well be out to lunch. Seems like I'm the only one that seems to dislike him

Unlimited Chequing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Medium Rare*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Why do you dislike Butler? Not trying to troll or anything but he has impressed me all year and I want to know what about his play you have disliked/ what you were expecting.
it a very fair question, Butler gets alot of undeserved hate from Flames fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited Chequing View Post

Like Tom Bro said, he makes a lot of bonehead moves that usually ends up with a puck in the back of the net. I've started making this bad habit of looking for 44 on the ice whenever we get scored on and more often than not, he's usually on there (although his +/- seems to suggest otherwise). I understand he's still a young developing player, but if he's eating up top D minutes, he should really be playing like a top D. Maybe it's Sutter I should be hating on.

Of course, I could very well be out to lunch. Seems like I'm the only one that seems to dislike him
the 2nd part of the bolded is correct. You shouldn't hate on a player because he is used in a situation that he is not ready for. This afterall was Bulter's first full NHL season where he wasn't either bouncing between the NHL and AHL or a healthy scratch

If at the time of the trade for him if you were told Butler would play a shutdown role all season long and be in the ice for the same GA pace as Giordano (while playing tougher competition), what would have you said? Personally I would have been thrilled. Butler has far exceeded expectations and doesn't get enough credit because our moronic coach put him in an impossible situation

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:19 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited Chequing View Post

He makes some mistakes but this is his first full nhl season. I think Butler is a case of you don't know what you have until its gone because when Smith/Sarich tried to play on the top line it was a disaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
the 2nd part of the bolded is correct. You shouldn't hate on a player because he is used in a situation that he is not ready for. This afterall was Bulter's first full NHL season where he wasn't either bouncing between the NHL and AHL or a healthy scratch

If at the time of the trade for him if you were told Butler would play a shutdown role all season long and be in the ice for the same GA pace as Giordano (while playing tougher competition), what would have you said? Personally I would have been thrilled. Butler has far exceeded expectations and doesn't get enough credit because our moronic coach put him in an impossible situation
I didn't think this is really Sutters fault how else do we have? Sarich/Smith didn't work, Hannan is not as good as Butler at this point he just to slow. If we put Gio there then our second pair is Butler and Hannan.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote