HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets gear at Jobing.com

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-27-2012, 05:02 PM
  #26
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 7,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
A fair amount of Winnipeggers I know make trips to Phoenix lots because of the nice weather and followed the team closely even once the Jets 1.0 moved to Phoenix. As long as they're not being idiots bashing your team, what's the problem?
Are they going to every game, or just randomly showing up? I know it doesn't matter, but still. I couldn't care less if someone went to the Coyotes game and cheered against them. I went to the Blues game 2 days ago, and I saw a couple with glass seats wearing penguins jerseys. Good for them, our team still got revenue for those tickets. But I also saw a probably 10 year old wearing a new jets uniform. This is a bit outrageous, unless they are from Winnipeg and just visiting. Are their parents really that anti Phoenix to only root for the Jets, but show up to a Coyotes game since it's here in Phoenix and not in Canada? That makes no sense to me. There are plenty of fans from Canada here in Arizona, and it pisses me off that they don't show up to more games. You want to see your team play hockey(and after this year, I see the Jets moving to a closer division), but you don't show up. Plenty of people, including my old manager(red wings fan), only showed up when the red wings came to town! What are they going to do if the Coyotes move?!

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 08:07 PM
  #27
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 8,241
vCash: 500
I think it has a lot to do with misplaced nationalism (is cityisim a word?) and desperate need for attention.

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 09:19 PM
  #28
NODLR
The Dog House
 
NODLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Margaritaville
Posts: 2,798
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Are they going to every game, or just randomly showing up? I know it doesn't matter, but still. I couldn't care less if someone went to the Coyotes game and cheered against them. I went to the Blues game 2 days ago, and I saw a couple with glass seats wearing penguins jerseys. Good for them, our team still got revenue for those tickets. But I also saw a probably 10 year old wearing a new jets uniform. This is a bit outrageous, unless they are from Winnipeg and just visiting. Are their parents really that anti Phoenix to only root for the Jets, but show up to a Coyotes game since it's here in Phoenix and not in Canada? That makes no sense to me. There are plenty of fans from Canada here in Arizona, and it pisses me off that they don't show up to more games. You want to see your team play hockey(and after this year, I see the Jets moving to a closer division), but you don't show up. Plenty of people, including my old manager(red wings fan), only showed up when the red wings came to town! What are they going to do if the Coyotes move?!
Miss out on two games a year

NODLR is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 10:24 PM
  #29
Scottrocks58*
Six
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 3,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnatibaH View Post
Miss out on two games a year
In Canada only the very rich go to the NHL games anyway. The rest of the country supports the NHL by watching it on the tube and buying lots of sweaters and trinkets. The Canadians down here couldn't afford to go to more than a couple of games up their anyway, so expecting them to get season or partial season ticket plans is really a stretch.

Scottrocks58* is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 10:40 PM
  #30
XX
Avoiding the Cap
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Since 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 34,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
In Canada only the very rich go to the NHL games anyway. The rest of the country supports the NHL by watching it on the tube and buying lots of sweaters and trinkets. The Canadians down here couldn't afford to go to more than a couple of games up their anyway, so expecting them to get season or partial season ticket plans is really a stretch.
I always wondered about that aspect. Isn't most of the lower bowl in Toronto owned by corporations? Who wants to be part of a lottery to have a chance to go see your team for a manageable price? I love the NFL but not at the prices they have. Cost me ~$500 for 2 club level seats and parking if I remember right. Not doable for a lot of casual fans. I read somewhere that Rampart season ticket holders buy private seating licenses for like $9,000.

How many true hockey fans actually end up in the place?

XX is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 12:30 AM
  #31
SniperHF
Global Moderator
It Finally Happened
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 17,165
vCash: 500
That's one great thing about modern arenas though. They really give a great view of the ice even in the upper deck. So in the cases where lower bowl tickets are super expensive you can still get a pretty good seat.

SniperHF is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 01:15 AM
  #32
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 996
vCash: 500
They want to see a playoff team..........playoff teams are few and far between in Canada.

AZviaNJ is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 01:25 AM
  #33
lockstock
Registered User
 
lockstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kauai
Country: United States
Posts: 872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
What drives me even more crazy then jerseys of teams not playing is when a fool wears a jersey to a game from a different sport. Hockey with hockey is cool, at any level of play. Nfl, nba, MLB at hockey is just stupid!
Whenever I'm in Phoenix, I always go to a Suns game or 2 with my buddy that has season tickets. I usually wear my Coyotes jersey. It's just a game, get over it.

lockstock is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 01:40 AM
  #34
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 4,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
Whenever I'm in Phoenix, I always go to a Suns game or 2 with my buddy that has season tickets. I usually wear my Coyotes jersey. It's just a game, get over it.
If you are offended by my remarks, get thicker skin and THEN get over it.

doaner is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 01:59 AM
  #35
lockstock
Registered User
 
lockstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kauai
Country: United States
Posts: 872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
If you are offended by my remarks, get thicker skin and THEN get over it.
i'm not offended by them, I just think they are childish and silly.

lockstock is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 02:22 AM
  #36
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 8,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
i'm not offended by them, I just think they are childish and silly.
Kinda like wearing a Coyotes jersey to a Suns game?

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 09:22 AM
  #37
Sushiko
Damn Blues
 
Sushiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PHX AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
I went to my first Yotes game the other night and yeah I was surprised too at all the Jets stuff. I saw a lot of others too, a few Blackhawks and a couple Detroit shirts too. I wondered, because Snowbirds or whatever they are called, are down here, I see a lot of Canadian plates, maybe it's just them down for the winter? But not all of them looked old enough I guess? The Blackhawks fans did though...


Last edited by Sushiko: 03-28-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Sushiko is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 09:42 AM
  #38
zz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushiko View Post
...
Most people here are transplants. Seeing jerseys from various teams at Coyote games doesn't bother me at all. They're all hockey fans, they're part of our market.

If the Coyotes ever win a cup, most of those people will buy a jersey. Guaranteed.

zz is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 09:51 AM
  #39
XX
Avoiding the Cap
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Since 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 34,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
That's one great thing about modern arenas though. They really give a great view of the ice even in the upper deck. So in the cases where lower bowl tickets are super expensive you can still get a pretty good seat.
I don't think you understand. In most cases, the upper bowl is spoken for as well. You simply can't get a ticket.

XX is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 07:03 PM
  #40
TheLegend
Home Sweet Home!
 
TheLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orbiting HFBoards
Country: United States
Posts: 4,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Kinda like wearing a Coyotes jersey to a Suns game?
I've seen NFL and MLB jerseys at Coyotes games.

How silly is that?

Never thought there was a dress code at sports arenas.

TheLegend is online now  
Old
03-28-2012, 07:24 PM
  #41
ryanMcEZ
Registered User
 
ryanMcEZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
The Jets returning to Winnipeg was sort of a victory for all Canadians and everyone celebrated it. It is just common place to see non-Jet fans wearing Jets gear just because its cool I guess, everyone in Canada (generally speaking of course) is really excited bout the Jets 2.0. Although I have to admit the novelty wore off pretty quickly and now I see them as just another team the Avs have to beat

I can see why some fans would wear Jets gear to a Yotes game, just to be cause a stir amongst the fans, and I believe that's very poor taste, but I dont think the Yotes are complaining about the tickets they are selling to these fans.

ryanMcEZ is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 04:27 AM
  #42
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 8,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
I've seen NFL and MLB jerseys at Coyotes games.

How silly is that?

Never thought there was a dress code at sports arenas.
No dress code, those people are just ******** is all.

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 11:01 AM
  #43
knowitall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Northern Icon
Posts: 65
vCash: 500
I will be at the game tonite from Winnipeg wearing my Jets gear. I bought 4 tickets online for $160 ($40 each/lower bowl/sick deal).

If I would have bought those tickets in Winnipeg, it would have been roughly $640. So.....there you go, that is why us Winnipeg'ers wear our jets gear down here.

We are just showing off how happy we are to have our team back. No offense to Coyotes fans. I have a house down here and hope the coyotes stay so I can continue to go to cheap NHL games while I'm down.

If you see me...come talk to me, I have no issues with that at all.

knowitall is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 12:18 PM
  #44
Scottrocks58*
Six
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 3,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowitall View Post
I will be at the game tonite from Winnipeg wearing my Jets gear. I bought 4 tickets online for $160 ($40 each/lower bowl/sick deal).

If I would have bought those tickets in Winnipeg, it would have been roughly $640. So.....there you go, that is why us Winnipeg'ers wear our jets gear down here.

We are just showing off how happy we are to have our team back. No offense to Coyotes fans. I have a house down here and hope the coyotes stay so I can continue to go to cheap NHL games while I'm down.

If you see me...come talk to me, I have no issues with that at all.
Meh. I don't wear a Yankees shirt when I see a game at Fenway. Disrespectful.

Scottrocks58* is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 12:28 PM
  #45
gra
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 27,247
vCash: 466
OMG!!!! Some people wore a Winnipeg jersey to a Coyotes game. Let's get them sent down to Florence with a needle in their arm!

Please grow up here!!! Are they really committing some crime against society here?

Here is an idea, for those who you who spend all that time and energy getting offended by this, why not use that time and energy instead to try and convert those who have never been to a hockey game before into a fan that will wear a Coyotes jersey in the seat?

Whiners are not producers.

gra is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 12:44 PM
  #46
Naurutger
Registered User
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,713
vCash: 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
Meh. I don't wear a Yankees shirt when I see a game at Fenway. Disrespectful.
And I don't wear a 49ers jersey to a random Cardinals game. This idea gets more to the point; it also like wearing a Arizona shirt to a random ASU game. But that is my opinion and its worth as much as a losing Mega Millions ticket.

Naurutger is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 01:23 PM
  #47
pacerhimself
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,267
vCash: 500
Jets gear is officially Winnipeg formal wear, I think.

If you go to an airport that has flights connecting to Winnipeg, you will see Jets gear. If you go to a hockey game and Winnipeggers are watching it, they'll be wearing Jets gear. It has nothing to do with the Coyotes or you - if you think it's rude and inappropriate then that's fine, but they're not doing it for or about you or the Coyotes team.

pacerhimself is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 01:55 PM
  #48
Scottrocks58*
Six
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 3,066
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=pacerhimself;46925281]Jets gear is officially Winnipeg formal wear, I think.

QUOTE]

res ipsa loquitur

See what I learned in night classes this year!

Scottrocks58* is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 01:57 PM
  #49
Scottrocks58*
Six
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 3,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
OMG!!!! Some people wore a Winnipeg jersey to a Coyotes game. Let's get them sent down to Florence with a needle in their arm!

Please grow up here!!! Are they really committing some crime against society here?

Here is an idea, for those who you who spend all that time and energy getting offended by this, why not use that time and energy instead to try and convert those who have never been to a hockey game before into a fan that will wear a Coyotes jersey in the seat?

Whiners are not producers.
Try wearing a Bronco's jersey to a Raider's home game. I agree that whiners aren't producers. We should be right in the faces of those with Jets jerseys. Or Wings jerseys, for that matter.

Scottrocks58* is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 01:28 AM
  #50
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 8,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowitall View Post
If I would have bought those tickets in Winnipeg, it would have been roughly $640. So.....there you go, that is why us Winnipeg'ers wear our jets gear down here.
So you wear your jets jersey here because you can't afford tickets in winnipeg?! Other than when the Coyotes are playing the jets that doesn't make a bit of sense.

Quote:
We are just showing off how happy we are to have our team back.
I think you just wear it for attention whether it be the ire of Coyote fans or the smug high fives from other transplant peggars.

Sinurgy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.