HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bulldogs

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2004, 07:44 PM
x-bob

vCash: 500
Bulldogs

What do the Bulldogs need to win? What do they have to do to win a game or at least scoring a goal? What are they doing wrong?

Old
11-20-2004, 07:59 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob
What do the Bulldogs need to win?
Score
Quote:
What do they have to do to win a game or at least scoring a goal?
Stop playing under Jarvis' system. Screw the defensive system, it's not working for your team.
Quote:
What are they doing wrong?
Everything (j/k)

Old
11-20-2004, 08:17 PM
E = CH²

Jonathan Ferland is interviewed by Derek Willis on dogs radio and he says the system is just fine, and that he thinks it's a confidence problem.

He also says they'll bounce back, he says it won't last, he's pretty confident.

Old
11-20-2004, 09:20 PM
gabpas

Quote:
What do the Bulldogs need to win? What do they have to do to win a game or at least scoring a goal? What are they doing wrong?
A new coach. I am not sure Jarvis is the right kind of coach for our farm team. What's he done in the past as a head coach? I believe he has been an assistant mostly to-date. Why is he not playing Kostitsyn more often or does Kostitsyn not deserve to play more. I am not sure about him with all the hype he has been getting and if he can't play regular or is Jarvis the problem?

Old
11-20-2004, 09:32 PM
ProspectsFans

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabpas
A new coach. I am not sure Jarvis is the right kind of coach for our farm team.
Come on! Why when things are going wrong it is always the coach's fault? Were you saying that last year?

Be serious, all team are stronger then ever with the lock-out. Don't forget that there is 7 rookie this year with this team an a lot of new figures (the 4 stars prospects for example).

Leave Jarvis alone, be patient. 62 games left to play

Old
11-20-2004, 09:38 PM
gabpas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectsFans
Come on! Why when things are going wrong it is always the coach's fault? Were you saying that last year?

Be serious, all team are stronger then ever with the lock-out. Don't forget that there is 7 rookie this year with this team an a lot of new figures (the 4 stars prospects for example).

Leave Jarvis alone, be patient. 62 games left to play

My opinion of Jarvis was the same last year as this year. I just think he is better suited as an assistant coach than a head coach

Old
11-20-2004, 11:20 PM
Traitor8

1-Play Kostitsyn More
2-Sign Mike Ribeiro to the minors to get scoring going at least...lol
3-Stop playing any defensive system with guys like Kost,Higgins,Locke,Plekanec,Milroy
4-Try to trade for BALEJ!!!!!!!

Old
11-20-2004, 11:23 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
4-Try to trade for BALEJ!!!!!!!
Are you kidding ?

Old
11-20-2004, 11:23 PM
fred2792

We just need Komisarek back soon as possible.

Old
11-21-2004, 12:58 AM
Moumni_Bachir

Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred2792
Ha l'enfoiré, tu l'as dit avant moi, c'est comme si j'avais dit Ko et toi Misarek.

On est fait pour s'entendre, voici mon numéro d'assurance sociale 299 404 657.

Old
11-21-2004, 01:08 AM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred2792
Agree the return of Komisarek and Cote should help the team defense a lot. In addition I would tend to say that loosing Perezhogin last year and not having him in the lineup this year is hurting the team quite a lot more then most would think....

I am confident that once things fall in place (i.e some help on defence) that the team will start scoring a little more. The system is not the problem here neither is the coach. We never had such a yong team in the farm club and it is the first year where there is quite an influx of talent due to the lockout...

Old
11-21-2004, 08:57 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

I know he is supposed to be with the Habs this year so it will be hard to get rid of him. A coach should adapt to the talent that he has on his team and not the other way around. Right now, Jarvis's system is what? Dump the puck, stay 5 at the blue line etc......

Get rid of this bum, promote him to pro scout and send him to Europe and replace him with a coach that knows how to develop OFFENSIVE talent. The Dos have so much potential, it is scary, but Jarvis can't see that.

Old
11-21-2004, 09:35 AM
mcphee

Offense comes from getting the puck out of your zone clean and with a purpose. Teams that put up numbers tend to play well in 5 man units. The game I saw and from what I've heard, they don't seem to have much cohesion going. I don't know if if has to do with too many rookies as opposed to other teams that are stocked with more [incl. NHL] vets this year. We keep referring to Jarvis' system, what is his system ? What is he restricting his players from doing ? It's fine to blame the system but what are we talking about ? Jarvis was a defensive center so he wants to stifle offense ? Are the young guys not getting icetime because they have been stars at lower levels and have to adapt to team oriented play ? Lets get a better idea from someone in Hamilton who sees them play. I suspect a big part of the problem is that they have been weak in their own end and aren't starting up ice well, but I admit to having them seen them once and listened to bits and pieces.

Old
11-21-2004, 09:39 AM
Garnet

Management is the probelem

Jarvis comes in this year with even a more defenvise style then last year. Very little forcheck! Boring hockey to watch. The team hasn't bought into the system. Why should then buy into it? If an agreement with the NHL and player is agreed upon Jarvis is gone. Jarvis knows this and so do the players. Its like waiting for the shoe to drop. Management should have never come out and stated Jarvis is the Ass. coach in Montreal but will continue to coach in Hamilton. Should have found a new coach. Major mistake in my opinion. I go to many Bulldog games and Jarvis is a second rate coach, He always get beat on matchups and there is no constance lines. Its like the next three at the end of the bench go out. You have grinders on the first line and offensive threats playing on the fourth line. Play a very boring defensive style, with no offensive, but still give up 3-4 goals a game. Defensive is NOT the Dogs strong point but they continue to play this system. The players react more to Mr. Wilson on the bench than Jarvis. IS this because the players no Wilson is the next head coach?? These are the Bulldog problems in a nut shell!!

Old
11-21-2004, 09:42 AM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet
Jarvis comes in this year with even a more defenvise style then last year. Very little forcheck! Boring hockey to watch. The team hasn't bought into the system. Why should then buy into it? If an agreement with the NHL and player is agreed upon Jarvis is gone. Jarvis knows this and so do the players. Its like waiting for the shoe to drop. Management should have never come out and stated Jarvis is the Ass. coach in Montreal but will continue to coach in Hamilton. Should have found a new coach. Major mistake in my opinion. I go to many Bulldog games and Jarvis is a second rate coach, He always get beat on matchups and there is no constance lines. Its like the next three at the end of the bench go out. You have grinders on the first line and offensive threats playing on the fourth line. Play a very boring defensive style, with no offensive, but still give up 3-4 goals a game. Defensive is NOT the Dogs strong point but they continue to play this system. The players react more to Mr. Wilson on the bench than Jarvis. IS this because the players no Wilson is the next head coach?? These are the Bulldog problems in a nut shell!!
I really have to agree with this. It doesn't seem asif Jarvis is doing anything to help the team. He's staying by his "defence first" plan and he won't let it go.

Old
11-21-2004, 09:55 AM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moumni_Bachir
Ha l'enfoiré, tu l'as dit avant moi, c'est comme si j'avais dit Ko et toi Misarek.

On est fait pour s'entendre, voici mon numéro d'assurance sociale 299 404 657.
:lol :lol

Seriously guys , does bringing Ribs to Hamilton would be a good idea ?! I don't think so because We have manys young center who are trying to developp now.Plus Urquhart has been sent in the ECHL so He's waiting to make the jump soon.We have to agree that Ribs will add soem offence because We need offense right now.

Last edited by CH Wizard: 11-21-2004 at 10:54 AM.
Old
11-21-2004, 11:19 AM
Bulldog fan
Timmy Dogs Alum 1999

Send Ribs down, one less player might be developed but the others in Hamilton would develop a lot more if the team could win a few games. No young hockey player is going to gain anything playing the way they are now.

I was in Syracuse and Rochester on the weekend and one play in particular stood out to show how worried these guys are about defense and no so about offense. Plakanec and a defensman were chasing a loose puck back into the Syracuse end, the next player along was Chris Higgins. Back when this team would play offense Higgins would have went for the net incase Plankanec won the race for the puck.
With these guys so worried about a defensive error, instead of rushing the net and maybe being out of position Higgins simply curled in behind the two players incase the defenseman got to the puck first. Always thinking defense doesn't lead to too many goals.

Old
11-21-2004, 12:36 PM
bopeep

18 games played - 35 goals for - 47 goals against

Old
11-22-2004, 12:19 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog fan
Send Ribs down, one less player might be developed but the others in Hamilton would develop a lot more if the team could win a few games. No young hockey player is going to gain anything playing the way they are now.

I was in Syracuse and Rochester on the weekend and one play in particular stood out to show how worried these guys are about defense and no so about offense. Plakanec and a defensman were chasing a loose puck back into the Syracuse end, the next player along was Chris Higgins. Back when this team would play offense Higgins would have went for the net incase Plankanec won the race for the puck.
With these guys so worried about a defensive error, instead of rushing the net and maybe being out of position Higgins simply curled in behind the two players incase the defenseman got to the puck first. Always thinking defense doesn't lead to too many goals.
Excellent post!!!!! Fire Jarvis and let's have fun.

Old
11-22-2004, 12:44 PM
x-bob

If you would be the coache, how would your lines look like? Just a question to see what would, in the fans eyes, help.

Old
11-22-2004, 01:06 PM
Darz

Amazing how opinions change in a couple weeks.

Before this season started most experts felt that Hamilton was going to be in tough to be a .500 team. Alot of rookies in your lineup doesn't usually mean huge success...especially right out of the gates. Also the team is missing maybe their two best defenceman and doesn't have alot of veteran scoring presences.

I think with some time this team will improve. Scoring is never going to be easy for this team, especially when you consider how much tougher the AHL is this year with so many NHL'ers in it. Kostitsyn and Locke will get better with time, but overall they wouldn't be enough to make this a high scoring team, so imo, that is why Jarvis is looking at more of a defence approach. When your strength lies in an above average group of two way forwards, maybe a defensive approach is better suited than a run and gun approach. Play to your strenghts...right????

When Komi and Cote get back into the lineup I think this teams ability to keep the puck out of their net will greatly improve. Add to that that Ellis hasn't exactly had any real good games yet, and it's easy to predict this team will get better defensively as the season progresses.

Now, everybody just settle down, take a deep breathe and hum 'Patience' by Gun's N Roses. For you younger fans who don't recall the great songs of G n R, please download it and play it on your fancy mp3 player or whatever the hell you kids do these days!!!

11-22-2004, 01:11 PM
mcphee

Yougster's not knowing G&R ? How about old guys not knowing them ? I was already going "These kids and their music" by the time they came out. Another personal shot at me I see. Aren't there any Perry Como songs on this topic ? How 'bout Vic Damone, The Velvet Fog ?

Old
11-22-2004, 01:15 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Amazing how opinions change in a couple weeks.

Before this season started most experts felt that Hamilton was going to be in tough to be a .500 team. Alot of rookies in your lineup doesn't usually mean huge success...especially right out of the gates. Also the team is missing maybe their two best defenceman and doesn't have alot of veteran scoring presences.

I think with some time this team will improve. Scoring is never going to be easy for this team, especially when you consider how much tougher the AHL is this year with so many NHL'ers in it. Kostitsyn and Locke will get better with time, but overall they wouldn't be enough to make this a high scoring team, so imo, that is why Jarvis is looking at more of a defence approach. When your strength lies in an above average group of two way forwards, maybe a defensive approach is better suited than a run and gun approach. Play to your strenghts...right????

When Komi and Cote get back into the lineup I think this teams ability to keep the puck out of their net will greatly improve. Add to that that Ellis hasn't exactly had any real good games yet, and it's easy to predict this team will get better defensively as the season progresses.

Now, everybody just settle down, take a deep breathe and hum 'Patience' by Gun's N Roses. For you younger fans who don't recall the great songs of G n R, please download it and play it on your fancy mp3 player or whatever the hell you kids do these days!!!

Shed a tear cause I'm missin you
I'm still alright to smile
Girl, I think about you everyday now
Was a time when I wasn't sure
But you set my mind at ease
There is no doubt
You're in my heart now

Said, woman, take it slow
It'll work itself out fine
All we need is just a little patience.......

Old
11-22-2004, 01:27 PM
Subban Fan

Quote:
If you would be the coache, how would your lines look like? Just a question to see what would, in the fans eyes, help.
Something like that...

Thinel-Plekanec-Ward
Higgins-Locke-Kostitsyn
Morgan-Ott-Milroy
Lambert-Ferland-Ivanans

Old
11-22-2004, 01:33 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Aren't there any Perry Como songs on this topic ? How 'bout Vic Damone, The Velvet Fog ?
Hmmm.........can't think of one.

How about you just hum 'Like a rolling stone'...don't know how it applies, but at least you'll be humming something.

Closed Thread