HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3.27.12 Nashville at St. Louis - "Mission Impossible II"

Old
03-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Regardless of our talent, St. Louis plays our game, and plays it better than we do now. Frustrating.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Elliot payed well and stopped every chance we did get. Defensively we let them get in close too often and gave them too many open looks. A couple things done well, more done wrong and we go home on the short end of the stick.

Get well soon Erat and Josi.
we sucked... like usual in a big game where the other team wants it more. elliot didn't face that many scoring chances to have to stand on his head.. ill contribute that to STL's style of play

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
I hope whoever get Blues first round will hurt them as much as they can. Cause otherwise they are lethal...
time will tell.

half that team has never seen the playoffs.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 09:33 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Never cease to amaze me that our top 3 lines are non-existent on the score sheet, our all-star defensemen continue to look disinterested, and our $7 million goalie fails to make the big save when we need it, and yet it's Brandon ****ing Yip that draws our ire.
I agree on all accounts except Rinne. He did what he could do. Even if he stopped every single shot, we cant win if we dont score.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 09:34 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
time will tell.

STL won't make it past the 2nd round... neither will we

Old
03-27-2012, 09:35 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

And after tonight 4-1-1 against the Blues.

Elliot three straight shutouts. We failed to capitalize on the chances we did have. We sucked at the dot with only Fisher reaching 50%. We gave the puck away too many times. Third time shut out this season.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Emotions running high right now, stupid things being said. Let's pull ourselves together

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
If STL plays LA in the first round....good lord

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 09:36 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I agree on all accounts except Rinne. He did what he could do. Even if he stopped every single shot, we cant win if we dont score.
True enough, but he could've had the second and third. That's not to take anything away from those goals, but we need him to beast mode and keep us within 1 at that point. At that point, though, it's still a 1-0 loss.

Old
03-27-2012, 09:36 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Regardless of our talent, St. Louis plays our game, and plays it better than we do now. Frustrating.
So true. Damn them! Where the eff did they come from?! Hitchcock is some kind of magician, turning this non-playoff team into a possible President's trophy winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Wilson giveaway at the offensive blueline led to that whole series. He hasn't really done much to make himself stand out... he's either not 100% or still pouting after being benched for Halischuk.
I feel bad for the guy...you know he's going back in Trotz's doghouse for that move. Every year there seems to be one guy that's on Trotz's **** list, and this year it's Wilson. Knowing that you'll be benched for any mistake probably doesn't have the best impact on your confidence and play.

Quote:
Never cease to amaze me that our top 3 lines are non-existent on the score sheet, our all-star defensemen continue to look disinterested, and our $7 million goalie fails to make the big save when we need it, and yet it's Brandon ****ing Yip that draws our ire.
This. The big boys need to step up.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 09:37 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
We have the usual Blues/Preds game that goes to OT or a shootout.

Old
03-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
True enough, but he could've had the second and third. That's not to take anything away from those goals, but we need him to beast mode and keep us within 1 at that point. At that point, though, it's still a 1-0 loss.
Exactly. I'd say he had literally a 0% chance on the first one, about a 30% on the 2nd, and about a 60% on the third. Doesn't matter how well he plays, we don't win getting shut out.

I thought Rads still was our best forward tonight...though he didnt have much competition.

Old
03-27-2012, 09:38 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron duke View Post
regardless of our talent, st. Louis plays our game, and plays it better than we do now. Frustrating.
QFT. Never thought I'd see the Blosers play Pred hockey better than the Preds.

edit: I thought the boys looked tired tonight too. Not much jump in their play, Blues getting to pucks first, etc.

Last edited by PhoneGuy: 03-27-2012 at 09:45 PM.
PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 09:40 PM
NoNecksCurse

in order of my biggest players that need to step the **** up..

1) ryan suter - overrated like hell, sorry. good defenseman but doesn't belong in weber's category.. is it july 1st yet?

2) bouillon, hillen, and ellis - someone prove they want to be here.. every night one of the three cost us a goal it seems. simplify, be what you are

3) shea weber, david legwand, mike fisher, pekka rinne, martin erat, jordin tootoo - LEADERSHIP only.. its obvious the lack of it.. lets take this team to the next level. we have the pieces.

PS .. radulov, hands down, best forward. he's good. he needs different linemates

Old
03-27-2012, 09:42 PM
NoNecksCurse

also poor wilson is right... he is in the doghouse.. he should be traded in the summer. him and trotz won't work

Old
03-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

I think the chances of a "Cup goes through the Blues this year?" or similar thread popping up on the main board in the next hour is extremely likely haha.

Old
03-27-2012, 09:44 PM
Top 6 Spaling

With every passing game, I realize im going to miss Suter less and less.

Old
Fortheloveofthegame

Too bad Wilson stick handling at the blue line at the end of a shift. That will put him further in the doghouse.
Hard to win a game when you don't s score goals. Now that lies with the top lines who get the ice time. St. Louis is a good team. Great defense, great passing and great goaltending!

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Over/Under one shift for Wilson the rest of the year?
over, especially with the injuries.

Wilson, if he applies himself, can be on the third line with a Kostitsyn or Hornqvist on the other wing once Erat is healthy ... but that requires him applying himself defensively and away from the puck.

Yip is a 4th liner. The only choice should be between him, Toots, and Smith ... and honestly, they should be the 5th line with McGrattan and Mclellan as the foundation of the 6th line.

Old
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
in order of my biggest players that need to step the **** up..

1) ryan suter - overrated like hell, sorry. good defenseman but doesn't belong in weber's category.. is it july 1st yet?

2) bouillon, hillen, and ellis - someone prove they want to be here.. every night one of the three cost us a goal it seems. simplify, be what you are

3) shea weber, david legwand, mike fisher, pekka rinne, martin erat, jordin tootoo - LEADERSHIP only.. its obvious the lack of it.. lets take this team to the next level. we have the pieces.

PS .. radulov, hands down, best forward. he's good. he needs different linemates
Suter has logged a lot of minutes this season, but the Suter of the past 3 months or so is in no way worthy of the $7-$7.5M per year being talked about.

Radulov is playing well, especially considering he's still getting used to the rhythm of the NHL again. That said, he needs to tighten up his two-way game a little, and he's trying to do way too much by himself at times. His linemates aren't world beaters, but if he keeps his game simple and uses them, they'll be more effective than if they try to force everything through him.

Old
03-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

I think an hour was too generous; want to stab virtual STL fans reading some of their comments. Man I hate losing

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1146887

Old
03-27-2012, 09:46 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
If STL plays LA in the first round....good lord
I hope they run at them like a train...

Liked Langy's interview at NHLN.
Gave us some respect.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 09:47 PM
predfan24

There is a reason STL in 1st in the league and they displayed it tonight. Big and fast and they win a lot of battles. I thought the Preds had good effort but STL just wanted it more. They won the battles, blocked shots, got sticks in passing and shooting lanes. NEVER gave the Preds any room to work with. Then the few chances the Preds did have they were gripping the stick and little too tight and could not convert. Frustrating, but the Blues are the better team right now and hell might be the best team in the league.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
I think the chances of a "Cup goes through the Blues this year?" or similar thread popping up on the main board in the next hour is extremely likely haha.
They remind me a lot of the Kings the last couple years. Very formidable defensively, lots of structure, and very difficult to break down. It will be interesting to see if they are able to maintain that in a 7-game series, and if they have enough offense to bail them out when a team does figure out how to score on them.

Old
03-27-2012, 09:53 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
I know you all in a bad mood, but I believe Suter and Weber need some rest before PO. They are f....ing tired. Or maybe Suter thinks about what team him and his buddy Parise gonna choose in offseason?
Suter can't get his hands dirty and risk the big pay day if he gets hurt. Poile should have had some nuts about him and gave him an ultimatum--sign on the dotted line or GTFO. We could have got a younger D man in Suter's mold or more scoring or something of value, because what he's giving us now is just not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
time will tell.

They're likely going to win the Presidents Cup or at least the West (something we could never do, still can't). Their team has stones, so don't write them off.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote