HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3.27.12 Nashville at St. Louis - "Mission Impossible II"

Old
03-27-2012, 09:53 PM
predatorsfan2015

vCash: 500
Is there anyway we clinch a playoff spot with the games going on tomorrow? That game was frustrating, but we have to get by it...next opponent isn't any easier. Game against our more-than-likely first round opponent will be a big preview. Let's forget about this one and get things going again against the Wings.

predatorsfan2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 09:54 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I gotta say, even though Hornqvist lost his cool there towards the end, he was playing with emotion. Something that is severely lacking from this team. I loved it. That is partly why he is consistently in the top 6. Ended up drawing a penalty.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:00 PM
klt2001

I think I missed Erat in this game. Oh well. I really wasn't expecting a Preds win tonight. On to the next game.

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:01 PM
klt2001

Did anybody else find this game boring? I think I almost rather have watched the Peguins beat down instead of this....at least it was more exciting to watch....lol.

Old
03-27-2012, 10:03 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorsfan2015 View Post
Is there anyway we clinch a playoff spot with the games going on tomorrow? That game was frustrating, but we have to get by it...next opponent isn't any easier. Game against our more-than-likely first round opponent will be a big preview. Let's forget about this one and get things going again against the Wings.

LA regulation loss gets us in. For us not to get in requires losing in regulation ... and a lot of other teams winning. Without double checking a few other teams' remaining schedule I can't guarantee what impact a Dallas or SJ regulation loss has on our playoff picture.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:04 PM
klt2001

Looks like Rads didn't get a point tonight or any Predator for that matter.

Old
03-27-2012, 10:04 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I gotta say, even though Hornqvist lost his cool there towards the end, he was playing with emotion. Something that is severely lacking from this team. I loved it. That is partly why he is consistently in the top 6. Ended up drawing a penalty.
oh definitely.. ill take that over suter every day of the week. heck, id give hornqvist 5 mil a year before id give suter his 7.5 million...

and good lord is suter a little diva

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:05 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Tough game. We gave up far too many chances...but it really isn't any different than how the other 5 Preds-Blues games were played. Not a lot of room to make plays...they buried their chances, we didn't.

I actually think I like the idea of playing Halak more than Elliot. Elliot was a stone wall tonight. Also, the Blues create a lot of their own traffic in front of the net...yet they keep you from having many open point shots. Gotta start aiming for the head...that'll teach em.

All in all, not really a poor effort. Just a tough loss. They outplayed us...but it could've easily been a one goal game had a few things bounced our way. We had a lot of clearing plays that bounced off of our own guys and kept the puck in the zone.

We've got to constantly work on puck possession and crisp passing...that was the main thing I saw lacking tonight. The Blues style made us impatient, and we forced a lot of passes we that we shouldn't have made.

I liked the effort from Rads, but it became apparent to me that he still has to work on not trying to do everything himself...there were a number of times where we lost possession because he simply wouldn't chip it in deep. Very Colin Wilson-esque.

I thought Gaustad, Gill, and Klein all had solid games.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
Did anybody else find this game boring? I think I almost rather have watched the Peguins beat down instead of this....at least it was more exciting to watch....lol.
Extremely. They are a very good team, but they suck all the enjoyment out of the game, even when you beat them.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:11 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I didn't find the game boring at all. Just frustrating.

Old
03-27-2012, 10:13 PM
klt2001

The most exciting thing about this game for me was watching Hornqvist take a beating and pushing them back

Old
03-27-2012, 10:16 PM
roseyc

Why is everyone picking on Wilson because he made a mistake in first game back in 5 games; then why don't you pick on Suter and Klein and the Cube who made big mistakes. We couldn't score tonight it didn't matter if it was 1-0 or 2-0. Trotz mixes up the line at the drop of a hat. Radulov is with Legwand line and then the Fisher line. No continuity at all. Blues are a solid defensive team. But Weber and Suter are the premier tandem but don't look like it at all. How do we get pushed around like we did is amazing. We have two guys that haven't played in awhile in Gaustad and Wilson which their play is going to be rusty. Why is Yip in the lineup at this point. Bourque takes care of that role. Everybody who is out is now the best player. Erat suddenly becomes great. Josi is definitely missed and he is rookie. Klein's play is always a mystery and it somewhat has to do with the pairings. Blues played their game and we couldn't stop them or score thus 3-0 shutout. If Rinne isn't superhuman we have problems and too many questions for this time of the year. After a great game in Chicago and then lay an egg. Why doesn't this team push back they are too timid

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:18 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Extremely. They are a very good team, but they suck all the enjoyment out of the game, even when you beat them.
That's what Vancouver said about us last year

Old
03-27-2012, 10:20 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
Suter can't get his hands dirty and risk the big pay day if he gets hurt.

Woah, that's an interesting take. I don't know why but that's never crossed my mind before...do you guys really think that's why he's been so soft lately? If so...that is some serious weak sauce.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:22 PM
sbet1998

Blues fan here, Radulov is scary good.

Blues played well tonight, but this was the first time, I believe, that the Blues hadnt played a game the night before playing the Preds. I could be wrong on that. You guys scare me, very similar team to us.

Hope you guys knock DET out of the playoffs. I know that would be some sweet justice for you guys and us too. GL, I like your team and hope you guys go far if the Blues dont.

Im sure you guys find the Blues boring for the same reasons other teams fans do. Their favorite team cant get in our zone and when they do they are not there for long. Chances are few and far between. It is boring to opposing fans, no doubt. GL, Take out the bloody *events.

Last edited by sbet1998: 03-27-2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: What???
sbet1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:24 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Why is everyone picking on Wilson because he made a mistake in first game back in 5 games; then why don't you pick on Suter and Klein and the Cube who made big mistakes. We couldn't score tonight it didn't matter if it was 1-0 or 2-0. Trotz mixes up the line at the drop of a hat. Radulov is with Legwand line and then the Fisher line. No continuity at all. Blues are a solid defensive team. But Weber and Suter are the premier tandem but don't look like it at all. How do we get pushed around like we did is amazing. We have two guys that haven't played in awhile in Gaustad and Wilson which their play is going to be rusty. Why is Yip in the lineup at this point. Bourque takes care of that role. Everybody who is out is now the best player. Erat suddenly becomes great. Josi is definitely missed and he is rookie. Klein's play is always a mystery and it somewhat has to do with the pairings. Blues played their game and we couldn't stop them or score thus 3-0 shutout. If Rinne isn't superhuman we have problems and too many questions for this time of the year. After a great game in Chicago and then lay an egg. Why doesn't this team push back they are too timid
I agree. Pretty much sums up how I feel. The only reason I miss Erat though is cause I like the Erat/Fisher/Kostitsyn line. Even though Rads is great, Radulov on every line is just too much imo and spreads him thin and doesnt add to continuity. Wish Trotz would just put Radulov on one line and keep him there until it gels well and becomes one big offensive threat vs putting him everywhere and hoping one clicks/connects but w/ Erat being out and none of the lines seeming to score/get some offense going, Trotz probably thought he should just try him out on different lines to see if one would score. So I can understand why. The Blues's defense/goalie just did a better job against our offense and didn't give them much room or chances to score or get set up well. While their offense did a better job against our defense to score and got better scoring chances.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-27-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old
03-27-2012, 10:27 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Woah, that's an interesting take. I don't know why but that's never crossed my mind before...do you guys really think that's why he's been so soft lately? If so...that is some serious weak sauce.
The same Suter that played in the series against Van and tied game with unbelivable hustle play that sent the game into overtime that Halischuk won is not the same Suter now. He hasn't played with any passion and he doesn't look interested. He got pushed around by Oshie on the last goal and he didn't push back it was weak. He got beat on that non goal that should have been a goal. Our Defense broke down tonight it was that type of game where one or two goals was going to be the difference.

Old
03-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

As much as I hate to say it, there was nothing more to see tonight than a team much better than us (tonight anyway) outplaying us in basically every aspect. Yeah we had some chances but we weren't crisp, fluid, or disciplined. Our chances seemed like last-resort efforts. Rinne, of course, saved it from being embarrassing.

People seem to be ripping on Wilson and that's fine but it is what it is. The puck was never on our stick in the right place at the right time. We were failing to put any consistent pressure on Elliott and it showed on the scoreboard. I hate the Blues more than any team in the league with the possible exception of the Ducks, but I have to admit that they took it to us tonight and they aren't tops in the league for no reason.

Go Jackets tomorrow.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbet1998 View Post
Blues played well tonight, but this was the first time, I believe, that the Blues hadnt played a game the night before playing the Preds. I could be wrong on that. You guys scare me, very similar team to us.
It's only happened twice

Old
03-27-2012, 10:43 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbet1998 View Post
Blues fan here, Radulov is scary good.

Hope you guys knock DET out of the playoffs. I know that would be some sweet justice for you guys and us too. GL, I like your team and hope you guys go far if the Blues dont.

Im sure you guys find the Blues boring for the same reasons other teams fans do. Their favorite team cant get in our zone and when they do they are not there for long. Chances are few and far between. It is boring to opposing fans, no doubt. GL, Take out the bloody *events.
That is exactly why this game was boring Just didn't know how to explain why but you did. Great job at keeping us out of your end of the ice and not giving us much chances at goal or room to score.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-28-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old
03-27-2012, 10:48 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
He's played soft all year. He's gone July 1 (actually sooner when we trade his rights to Minny).

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:56 PM
klt2001

Mission Impossible II never lives up to the first one

Old
03-28-2012, 01:13 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I only have two Preds jerseys and the 2nd one is an Horns jersey and this is why. Dude brings it eleventy billlion percent everynight, gets **** on, and his teammates sometimes go help him when he's getting dumped on.

dude gives zero ****s

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:14 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
Mission Impossible II never lives up to the first one
first one didn't make sense

2nd one i understood but it sucked, hard.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:17 AM
dulzhok

Klien and Boullion are good 4th defensemen, in the AHL.

Suter... coaster. Maybe he'll turn it up in the playoffs. Really should have traded this guy in the offseason and signed a UFA.

Doesn't make up for the lack of offense though... hopefully we can get things click over the next 6 games and find some set lines for the POs.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote