HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3.27.12 Nashville at St. Louis - "Mission Impossible II"

Old
03-28-2012, 02:31 AM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I gotta say, even though Hornqvist lost his cool there towards the end, he was playing with emotion. Something that is severely lacking from this team. I loved it. That is partly why he is consistently in the top 6. Ended up drawing a penalty.
loved hornqvists game tonight, definitely passioned filled.

Hopefully were looking at martyin the line up next game. gotta shake this loss off and keep it going

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 04:08 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Didn't like this game. Too many times we had guys trying to go through 4 STL players at the blue line resulting in turnovers. And not physical enough. Didn't see too much emotion out there either, except for Hornqvist at the end. Radulov can't get away with stuff here that he did in KHL, there is not as much room for fancy stuff, especially in a game against a defense that suffocates players. Same for a bunch of other guys. There is a reason there are 5 guys out there, together. Really just wish guys would stop passing up the shots. All of 4 shots in the third period will not get it done.

I think this 2 day break will be good. We just played 8 gms in 13 nights and this was the 3rd in 4 nights. Rads post game interview after the Jets game he sounded really tired. Hopefully they all can get some rest. The rest of the way is pretty light, minimal travel, 5 games in 9 nights with a 3 game home-stand. Get rested and get ready for the "second season".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
LA regulation loss gets us in. For us not to get in requires losing in regulation ... and a lot of other teams winning. Without double checking a few other teams' remaining schedule I can't guarantee what impact a Dallas or SJ regulation loss has on our playoff picture.
Per Cooper: "The idle Predators can clinch today [Wednesday] if Los Angeles, San Jose or Dallas lose in regulation. They will also make the playoffs if two of those three lose in a shootout or overtime." San Jose plays both Dallas and LA twice the rest of the season so their results will knock at least one of the them out of the race. Sport club stats puts us at 100% of making the playoffs (I think it went down to like 99.99999997% or something like that after the game).

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Why is everyone picking on Wilson because he made a mistake in first game back in 5 games; then why don't you pick on Suter and Klein and the Cube who made big mistakes. We couldn't score tonight it didn't matter if it was 1-0 or 2-0. Trotz mixes up the line at the drop of a hat. Radulov is with Legwand line and then the Fisher line. No continuity at all. Blues are a solid defensive team. But Weber and Suter are the premier tandem but don't look like it at all. How do we get pushed around like we did is amazing. We have two guys that haven't played in awhile in Gaustad and Wilson which their play is going to be rusty. Why is Yip in the lineup at this point. Bourque takes care of that role. Everybody who is out is now the best player. Erat suddenly becomes great. Josi is definitely missed and he is rookie. Klein's play is always a mystery and it somewhat has to do with the pairings. Blues played their game and we couldn't stop them or score thus 3-0 shutout. If Rinne isn't superhuman we have problems and too many questions for this time of the year. After a great game in Chicago and then lay an egg. Why doesn't this team push back they are too timid
Did you even read this whole thread? Suter, Klein, Cube are getting ripped.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 06:39 AM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
Did anybody else find this game boring? I think I almost rather have watched the Peguins beat down instead of this....at least it was more exciting to watch....lol.
Extremely.

It was like watching the late '90's Devils.

The Blues do what needs to be done to win hockey games, but it does suck the fun right out of the game. It looks like they're playing with 11 guys on the ice, all of them packed into the neutral zone.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 07:43 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Extremely.

The Blues do what needs to be done to win hockey games, but it does suck the fun right out of the game. It looks like they're playing with 11 guys on the ice, all of them packed into the neutral zone.
Ahhh, the irony of it all. These kinds of comments used to be made about the Preds, and we used to defend it, not accuse other teams of it. Like I said earlier, the Blues are playing Pred hockey better than the Predators now.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 07:49 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post

Radulov is playing well, especially considering he's still getting used to the rhythm of the NHL again. That said, he needs to tighten up his two-way game a little, and he's trying to do way too much by himself at times. His linemates aren't world beaters, but if he keeps his game simple and uses them, they'll be more effective than if they try to force everything through him.

Radulov is creating more quality scoring chances than the rest of our forwards combined. I can forgive some of his effort turnovers, especially since they're typically deep in the offensive zone and unlikely to hurt.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 07:55 AM
Legionnaire11

I'm not even mad this morning, it's just that the Blues are playing such a strong team game right now and above all else Elliott is a freaking BEAST at the moment. The Penguins and Oilers game I felt like the result could/should have been different. Last night it was just St. Louis all the way and there was no doubt about it.

Also, Trotz is just setting up to get #500 at home

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:15 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
I only have two Preds jerseys and the 2nd one is an Horns jersey and this is why. Dude brings it eleventy billlion percent everynight, gets **** on, and his teammates sometimes go help him when he's getting dumped on.

dude gives zero ****s
If I were his teammate, I don't think I would take up for him all the time with the things he does. Maybe the first couple yeah, but after a while, you are asking to get hit. And I am not talking about just going to the net hard. That is different. His mouth never stops and he dives quite a bit.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:17 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
Ahhh, the irony of it all. These kinds of comments used to be made about the Preds, and we used to defend it, not accuse other teams of it. Like I said earlier, the Blues are playing Pred hockey better than the Predators now.
We didn't defend the trap. We defend the forecheck system we have used a good while since it is the furthest thing from a trap

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Shea Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
I only have two Preds jerseys and the 2nd one is an Horns jersey and this is why. Dude brings it eleventy billlion percent everynight, gets **** on, and his teammates sometimes go help him when he's getting dumped on.

dude gives zero ****s
Show calculation, please.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:24 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

My concern here is that in two "test" type games that were trumpeted as contender deathmatches-- last week vs Pens, last night vs Blues-- we were pretty much trounced.

Shouldn't contenders be able to rise to the level of other contenders?

Beating Chicago 6-1 with their swiss cheese goalie and missing their number 1 center and number 1 d-man is great and all, but it means a little less when we get taken behind the woodshed by the true best teams.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:30 AM
VFL615*

Wow what a change in comments since late Sunday night.
We are 4-1-1 against the best team in the NHL this year. Like i said in a post yesterday it was time for an L against them. It's sports and hockey you are not going to win every game or completely beat down another team that is just as good or better than you are. The game was a lot closer than the score and we basically got beat on defensive mistakes.

Goal 1: Bulls gets fancy falls in the corner and turns the puck over. Forwards are sleeping and let a guy come uncontested up the middle. end result-goal

Goal 2: Klein turns the puck over in are zone and then turns into a road cone. Have you seen him do that before? end result-goal.

Goal 3: Suter gets beat by a guy who is not even old enough to grow facial hair on an around the net play. end result-goal.

The Preds have been built buy strong d and goaltending. To many times lately the D has not fit the bill and is what i believe the core problem the last couple weeks.

Wilson was a non factor in the game. I like Radulov being aggressive and not always dumping the puck in and turning it back over to the other team. I think if he slowed down just a bit and was a little wiser on when to make a move he will be even more effective. He is clearly the best forward on the team.

SK has dissappeared again. It takes two hands to count the amount of times he could not control the puck after getting a pass last night. If he cannot produce he needs to be treated like others have.

Legwand again missed a wide open net and a chance to swing the momentum of the game.

We are really missing Erat and Josi.

Trotz needs to chill with the changing of lines and sitting people. It is the end of the year and even with new guys it should be known by now who works well together and who needs to be on the ice for the best chance to win. I also think Suter has earned a trip to the 2nd line. I think he may be the reason Webers play has fallen off.The following is my final lineup to stick with:

Erat-Legwand-Rads
Horny-Fisher-AK
Halischuck-Goose-SK
Wilson-Spaling-Smith

Weber-Josi
Gill-Suter
Klein-Ellis

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:44 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
We didn't defend the trap. We defend the forecheck system we have used a good while since it is the furthest thing from a trap
No, but we did defend a defense first system when other fans talked about how boring our teams played. Play strong defense and wait for the other team to make a mistake and then capitalize on it.

Old
03-28-2012, 09:50 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
My concern here is that in two "test" type games that were trumpeted as contender deathmatches-- last week vs Pens, last night vs Blues-- we were pretty much trounced.

Beating Chicago 6-1 with their swiss cheese goalie and missing their number 1 center and number 1 d-man is great and all, but it means a little less when we get taken behind the woodshed by the true best teams.
these are my concerns as well, but we do still need to remember we are integrating 4 new players into the lineup.

the good news is we probably wont see the Blues in the playoffs unless its the WCFs, and of course we wouldnt see Pitt unless its in the SCF's, and if we make it that far we should have the kinks worked out by then..

I will be much more worried if Detroit takes us to the woodshed friday, since we will likely have to play them in round 1.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:51 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Wow what a change in comments since late Sunday night.
We are 4-1-1 against the best team in the NHL this year. Like i said in a post yesterday it was time for an L against them. It's sports and hockey you are not going to win every game or completely beat down another team that is just as good or better than you are. The game was a lot closer than the score and we basically got beat on defensive mistakes.

Goal 1: Bulls gets fancy falls in the corner and turns the puck over. Forwards are sleeping and let a guy come uncontested up the middle. end result-goal

Goal 2: Klein turns the puck over in are zone and then turns into a road cone. Have you seen him do that before? end result-goal.

Goal 3: Suter gets beat by a guy who is not even old enough to grow facial hair on an around the net play. end result-goal.

The Preds have been built buy strong d and goaltending. To many times lately the D has not fit the bill and is what i believe the core problem the last couple weeks.

Wilson was a non factor in the game. I like Radulov being aggressive and not always dumping the puck in and turning it back over to the other team. I think if he slowed down just a bit and was a little wiser on when to make a move he will be even more effective. He is clearly the best forward on the team.

SK has dissappeared again. It takes two hands to count the amount of times he could not control the puck after getting a pass last night. If he cannot produce he needs to be treated like others have.

Legwand again missed a wide open net and a chance to swing the momentum of the game.

We are really missing Erat and Josi.

Trotz needs to chill with the changing of lines and sitting people. It is the end of the year and even with new guys it should be known by now who works well together and who needs to be on the ice for the best chance to win. I also think Suter has earned a trip to the 2nd line. I think he may be the reason Webers play has fallen off.The following is my final lineup to stick with:

Erat-Legwand-Rads
Horny-Fisher-AK
Halischuck-Goose-SK
Wilson-Spaling-Smith

Weber-Josi
Gill-Suter
Klein-Ellis
I don't buy the "we owned the blues" talk, given that a couple of those wins were pre-hitchcock, and we hung on by our fingertips with Rinne stealing the wins.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:00 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Anyone else see Radulov is still a bit light on his skates and easy to knock down?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:03 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:

I disagree about being taken behind the woodshed in either game, actually. The Pens game would have been much different if not for fluke goals on their part and empty net misses on our part. I won't say we would have won, but I don't think the score really was a good indicator of the play in that game.

I thought last night's game was actually worse than the Pens game in terms of scoring chances for us, but still not a "getting taken to the woodshed" kind of game. JMO.

edit: Now our last game against Edmonton...that was a woodshed game.

Last edited by PhoneGuy: 03-28-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old
03-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
I'm not even mad this morning, it's just that the Blues are playing such a strong team game right now and above all else Elliott is a freaking BEAST at the moment. The Penguins and Oilers game I felt like the result could/should have been different. Last night it was just St. Louis all the way and there was no doubt about it.

While it would be nice, I really wish the team had more fight last night to get him to 500 against one of the best teams in the league. It would have really gone far in terms of a confidence boost. That said, a win at home, with the crowd behind you, isn't a bad option B.

I agree about not being too angry about the loss in general. Trust me, I hate losing, but to a St.Louis team that's just been shutting down teams left right and center doesn't seem like something that should ruffle feathers.

Loved SK and Rads together. Hope Trotz keeps that line together.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Shea Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
While it would be nice, I really wish the team had more fight last night to get him to 500 against one of the best teams in the league. It would have really gone far in terms of a confidence boost. That said, a win at home, with the crowd behind you, isn't a bad option B.

I agree about not being too angry about the loss in general. Trust me, I hate losing, but to a St.Louis team that's just been shutting down teams left right and center doesn't seem like something that should ruffle feathers.

Loved SK and Rads together. Hope Trotz keeps that line together.
I agree with this, and Legwand and Erat have been good together in the past...but there is NO reason to bump Marty's minutes down.

Having all these forwards is just so tough!

Old
03-28-2012, 11:46 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
I don't buy the "we owned the blues" talk, given that a couple of those wins were pre-hitchcock, and we hung on by our fingertips with Rinne stealing the wins.
I do not recall my post saying we owned the blues? The record is 4-1-1. I was saying two even strength teams or team being better than the other. A team is not going to dominate the other one like people want. Meaning the Preds are not going to go 6-0 vs the blues and people should not be jumping off of the cliff after last nights loss. Your money is no good hoss.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:47 AM
sighthndlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post

Gosh, hope not. It would be much, much better (and sweeter) to get it next game in Detroit.

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Weber View Post
I agree with this, and Legwand and Erat have been good together in the past...but there is NO reason to bump Marty's minutes down.

Having all these forwards is just so tough!
Top 6 forwards all over the place. Nice problem to have.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post
Gosh, hope not. It would be much, much better (and sweeter) to get it next game in Detroit.
That's also a very nice way to earn it.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Extremely.

Except for 90% of the game when STL sent in 2 forecheckers....

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:13 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Except for 90% of the game when STL sent in 2 forecheckers....
As a Blues fan, I just wanted to say thankyou for that comment. The mindless parroting of "Hitchcock/Trap" around the league really gets old.

I'm really looking forward to the Nashville/Detroit series. It seems about a lock at this point.

Nothing would please me more than to see our clubs meet for the WCF. If it can't be the Blues, I'd want the Predators to get a crack at the Cup. I think that's a pretty common sentiment from our fanbase, too, from comments I'm seeing.

Good luck in the post-season.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Shea Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
As a Blues fan, I just wanted to say thankyou for that comment. The mindless parroting of "Hitchcock/Trap" around the league really gets old.

I'm really looking forward to the Nashville/Detroit series. It seems about a lock at this point.

Nothing would please me more than to see our clubs meet for the WCF. If it can't be the Blues, I'd want the Predators to get a crack at the Cup. I think that's a pretty common sentiment from our fanbase, too, from comments I'm seeing.

Good luck in the post-season.
Ever gone to see the sets where they film Breaking Bad?